[ROM][GSM][CDMA] Razr Android 4.2.2 Official MIUI V5 [06 Dezember]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

willjohnson

Nov 23, 2010
Savanah
Verizonifed MIUI v5 3.11.22 XT912 CDMA

Sorry it took me a while to post this, I've been messing around with the testing CM 11 that was posted. And then I had some problems getting data on this ROM, but finally got it all worked out. I think I've been pretty descriptive in my posts about how to Verizonify this ROM but it looks like people have had problems doing it on their own, so I'll go through it again. Basically as I understand it, those who have a global XT912 have no trouble with this ROM. It's just us poor Americans who have Verizon that need some help because Verizon does some strange things with their phones where there are certain system apps that are required as well as different settings that need to be set in the build.prop file.

Step 1 is to acquire Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 since this ROM is based off of that ROM and that ROM already works on our Verizon XT912's. cm-10.1.3-spyder.zip
Step 2 is to copy the 5 Verizon system apps from CM 10.1.3 into MIUI. The files are:
\system\app\appdirectedsmspermission.apk
\system\app\VerizonSSOEngine.apk
\system\app\VZWAPNLib.apk
\system\app\vzwapnpermission.apk
\system\app\VZWAPNService.apk
Step 3 is optional. GPS tries to sync your time before it connects to the satellites and this ROM is set to use north-america.pool.ntp.org as the NTP Pool time server; however since I know I am in the United States, I can further localize myself and possibly get a faster and more accurate time sync by changing this value to us.pool.ntp.org. The file that you would need to edit is at: \system\etc\gps.conf
Step 4 is to fix the APN's. Here there are two options. You can simply grab the APN's from CM 10.1.3. Copy the file \system\etc\apns-conf.xml from CM 10.1.3 to MIUI and overwrite the MIUI version (the MIUI version contained no references to Verizon at all so it's okay to just wipe it out). If you want to further optimize your APN's, you can take the APN's from your stock ROM. In my case, I used APN Backup & Restore and backed my APN's up. Then I copied that file to my computer. The APN's in the .XML file that APN Backup & Restore generates are almost the same as how they are listed in the apns-conf.xml file. So you can copy them from your backup and replace the ones in the apns-conf.xml file. The one major difference is that the apns-conf.xml file lists the name of each entry as "apn carrier=" and the backup file has each entry as "apn name=." So after I pasted my backed up entries from the stock ROM into the apns-conf.xml file, I just did a find and replace and fixed all of the entries so they matched the format that MIUI should be expecting, "apn carrier=."
Step 5 is fixing the build.prop file: \system\build.prop. Once again, you can copy parts of it straight from CM 10.1.3. Starting at the value, ro.build.version.sdk=17, and ending at the value, ro.modversion=10.1.3-spyder, copy all of those settings/values from the build.prop file in CM 10.1.3 and paste them into MIUI replacing the same block of settings/values (should be lines 6 through 286).

Congratulations, you now have a Verizonified MIUI v5 ROM. Now the trick is getting 4G to stick on boot. If you flash this file as I did, there are two problems stopping you from getting 4G. First, the ROM defaults to setting Data to disabled. This is a new quirk and had me stumped for a while since I never turn off my data so I just completely glossed over it. You can fix this by going to Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile networks and changing the toggle for "Data enabled" to enable data. The second problem is a bit harder to fix. By default, the settings.db file has the preferred_network_mode set to 7 and it needs to be set to 10. First go into the testing menu by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* with the phone dialer (this translates to *#*#4636#*#*). Under Phone information -> Set preferred network type the drop down menu is probably set to GSM/CDMA. Change that to LTE/GSM/CDMA. Now we need to address the settings.db file itself. I used SQLite Editor to do this but you all can use my patch file to fix both of the 4G problems. If you are using SQLite Editor, go into Settings Storage -> settings.db -> global and change the value of preferred_network_mode from 7 to 10. While you are at it, you can also change the value of mobile_data from 0 to 1 to enable data without having to go into the actual menus. Note that this is exactly what my patch does, it sets the values of preferred_network_mode and mobile_data to the ones we need. After setting these values, reboot and you should get 4G. Note that if you get 4G, do not go into the testing menu or the into Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile Networks or it will reset everything to the wrong values again and you will need to repeat the process again (testing menu and select LTE/GSM/CDMA, then reboot and flash the patch file).

I've simplified the process by uploading my files to Dev-Host. You can grab the version you want. One version has the default CM 10.1.3 APN's and the other has the APN's from my stock ROM. The APN's from the stock ROM should be better than the ones from CM 10.1.3. Some people have reported stronger signals and possibly fixed MMS when using a ROM with the transferred stock APN's. Follow the instructions in the OP to flash the ROM. If you don't get wifi on the first boot, reboot to recovery and flash the ROM again. This always seems to work and I don't really know why because wifi always seems to come up after the reflash. After you have completed the initial setup, go to the testing menu as described above and change the preferred network type to LTE/GSM/CDMA. Then reboot to recovery and flash my patch. When you reboot and wait a minute or two you should get 4G. Once again if you have a working 4G connection, do not go into the testing menu or Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile Networks as doing so will reset everything back to how it was at the beginning when you had no working 4G. It's not the end of the world, you just need to repeat the process to get 4G working. Testing menu, LTE/GSM/CDMA, reboot to recovery, flash my patch, and reboot with working 4G.

miui_xt912_santajin_3.11.22_c21f0a0984_4.2_Modified_Verizon.zip
miui_xt912_santajin_3.11.22_c21f0a0984_4.2_Modified_Verizon_Stock_APN.zip
miui_xt912_Verizon_patch.zip

Good luck and please let people know if this worked for you!

Awesome, thanks for this. I will report back today when i have a chance to flash. Last files you uploaded worked great so these should too. Thanks again.

diegons49

Mar 3, 2013
Salvador
Samsung Galaxy M51
Installed the 3.11.22 and functioning normally. But the voice recording continues with the problem, file without audio.

With JBX kernel does not boot on slot_1 with SS 3.65 for me.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hacker812c

hd0120

Nov 17, 2009

Sorry it took me a while to post this, I've been messing around with the testing CM 11 that was posted. And then I had some problems getting data on this ROM, but finally got it all worked out. I think I've been pretty descriptive in my posts about how to Verizonify this ROM but it looks like people have had problems doing it on their own, so I'll go through it again. Basically as I understand it, those who have a global XT912 have no trouble with this ROM. It's just us poor Americans who have Verizon that need some help because Verizon does some strange things with their phones where there are certain system apps that are required as well as different settings that need to be set in the build.prop file.

Step 1 is to acquire Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 since this ROM is based off of that ROM and that ROM already works on our Verizon XT912's. cm-10.1.3-spyder.zip
Step 2 is to copy the 5 Verizon system apps from CM 10.1.3 into MIUI. The files are:
\system\app\appdirectedsmspermission.apk
\system\app\VerizonSSOEngine.apk
\system\app\VZWAPNLib.apk
\system\app\vzwapnpermission.apk
\system\app\VZWAPNService.apk
Step 3 is optional. GPS tries to sync your time before it connects to the satellites and this ROM is set to use north-america.pool.ntp.org as the NTP Pool time server; however since I know I am in the United States, I can further localize myself and possibly get a faster and more accurate time sync by changing this value to us.pool.ntp.org. The file that you would need to edit is at: \system\etc\gps.conf
Step 4 is to fix the APN's. Here there are two options. You can simply grab the APN's from CM 10.1.3. Copy the file \system\etc\apns-conf.xml from CM 10.1.3 to MIUI and overwrite the MIUI version (the MIUI version contained no references to Verizon at all so it's okay to just wipe it out). If you want to further optimize your APN's, you can take the APN's from your stock ROM. In my case, I used APN Backup & Restore and backed my APN's up. Then I copied that file to my computer. The APN's in the .XML file that APN Backup & Restore generates are almost the same as how they are listed in the apns-conf.xml file. So you can copy them from your backup and replace the ones in the apns-conf.xml file. The one major difference is that the apns-conf.xml file lists the name of each entry as "apn carrier=" and the backup file has each entry as "apn name=." So after I pasted my backed up entries from the stock ROM into the apns-conf.xml file, I just did a find and replace and fixed all of the entries so they matched the format that MIUI should be expecting, "apn carrier=."
Step 5 is fixing the build.prop file: \system\build.prop. Once again, you can copy parts of it straight from CM 10.1.3. Starting at the value, ro.build.version.sdk=17, and ending at the value, ro.modversion=10.1.3-spyder, copy all of those settings/values from the build.prop file in CM 10.1.3 and paste them into MIUI replacing the same block of settings/values (should be lines 6 through 286).

Congratulations, you now have a Verizonified MIUI v5 ROM. Now the trick is getting 4G to stick on boot. If you flash this file as I did, there are two problems stopping you from getting 4G. First, the ROM defaults to setting Data to disabled. This is a new quirk and had me stumped for a while since I never turn off my data so I just completely glossed over it. You can fix this by going to Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile networks and changing the toggle for "Data enabled" to enable data. The second problem is a bit harder to fix. By default, the settings.db file has the preferred_network_mode set to 7 and it needs to be set to 10. First go into the testing menu by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* with the phone dialer (this translates to *#*#4636#*#*). Under Phone information -> Set preferred network type the drop down menu is probably set to GSM/CDMA. Change that to LTE/GSM/CDMA. Now we need to address the settings.db file itself. I used SQLite Editor to do this but you all can use my patch file to fix both of the 4G problems. If you are using SQLite Editor, go into Settings Storage -> settings.db -> global and change the value of preferred_network_mode from 7 to 10. While you are at it, you can also change the value of mobile_data from 0 to 1 to enable data without having to go into the actual menus. Note that this is exactly what my patch does, it sets the values of preferred_network_mode and mobile_data to the ones we need. After setting these values, reboot and you should get 4G. Note that if you get 4G, do not go into the testing menu or the into Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile Networks or it will reset everything to the wrong values again and you will need to repeat the process again (testing menu and select LTE/GSM/CDMA, then reboot and flash the patch file).

I've simplified the process by uploading my files to Dev-Host. You can grab the version you want. One version has the default CM 10.1.3 APN's and the other has the APN's from my stock ROM. The APN's from the stock ROM should be better than the ones from CM 10.1.3. Some people have reported stronger signals and possibly fixed MMS when using a ROM with the transferred stock APN's. Follow the instructions in the OP to flash the ROM. If you don't get wifi on the first boot, reboot to recovery and flash the ROM again. This always seems to work and I don't really know why because wifi always seems to come up after the reflash. After you have completed the initial setup, go to the testing menu as described above and change the preferred network type to LTE/GSM/CDMA. Then reboot to recovery and flash my patch. When you reboot and wait a minute or two you should get 4G. Once again if you have a working 4G connection, do not go into the testing menu or Settings -> General Settings -> Mobile Networks as doing so will reset everything back to how it was at the beginning when you had no working 4G. It's not the end of the world, you just need to repeat the process to get 4G working. Testing menu, LTE/GSM/CDMA, reboot to recovery, flash my patch, and reboot with working 4G.

FYI, I updated my xt912 from 3.11.15 modified Verizon stock to 3.11.22 modified Verizon stock with just cache and dalvik cache wipes. Reboot and 4G kicks in without having to run through the testing menu or flashing the patch file.
The only issue is that the Play Store keeps having connection time out. Any idea why?

fujcru

Jun 30, 2013
FYI, I updated my xt912 from 3.11.15 modified Verizon stock to 3.11.22 modified Verizon stock with just cache and dalvik cache wipes. Reboot and 4G kicks in without having to run through the testing menu or flashing the patch file.
The only issue is that the Play Store keeps having connection time out. Any idea why?

It's probably that new stumbling block that I mentioned. For whatever reason in 3.11.22, there seems to be a new default where the system boots with data disabled. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but when my system booted for the first time, data was disabled. I'm guessing that dirty flashing from 3.11.15 to 3.11.22 updated your ROM but one of the updates was that switch to having data disabled.

Go ahead and reboot to recovery and flash the patch. If the problem is what I think it is, the patch will set your preferred_network_mode to 10 (it probably is already set at 10 so this won't actually change anything) and more importantly it sets the mobile_data value to 1. My guess is that your mobile_data value is currently 0 which is why the Play Store is timing out. I'm guessing you actually have no data at all. mobile_data value 0 means data is disabled and mobile_data value 1 means that data is enabled. That patch should fix you right up. I hope.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

More investigation into APN's and Such

So I've been playing around with the APN's some more (I'm trying to merge the APN's from the Stock ROM with those from Cyanogenmod and using the Stock ROM values if there is a conflict) to see if I can get even better results and I noticed something. In the build.prop file, there is a setting, ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004. This setting seems to simply be the APN's mcc and mnc jammed together (in this case mcc="310" and mnc="004"). I went to my stock ROM on the safe side and noticed that I am actually connected to an APN where the mcc="311" and the mnc="480." That being said, I changed the value of ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric to 311480 on my daily driver.

I'm curious as to whether this is another example of a mistake in the APN/build.prop in Cyanogenmod for Verizon. If/when people who are using my Verizonified MIUI v5 XT912 report whether it is working for them and whether 4G works, can you also go to your stock ROM and report what the values of the mcc and mnc of the APN you are connecting to are?

My best guess is those are not regional and that we all will find that our mcc is 311 and the mnc is 480. If that is the case, we might be able to speed up the connection to data if our build.prop is pointing to the correct value: 311480 instead of 310004.

Let me know, thanks!

hd0120

Nov 17, 2009
It's probably that new stumbling block that I mentioned. For whatever reason in 3.11.22, there seems to be a new default where the system boots with data disabled. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but when my system booted for the first time, data was disabled. I'm guessing that dirty flashing from 3.11.15 to 3.11.22 updated your ROM but one of the updates was that switch to having data disabled.

Go ahead and reboot to recovery and flash the patch. If the problem is what I think it is, the patch will set your preferred_network_mode to 10 (it probably is already set at 10 so this won't actually change anything) and more importantly it sets the mobile_data value to 1. My guess is that your mobile_data value is currently 0 which is why the Play Store is timing out. I'm guessing you actually have no data at all. mobile_data value 0 means data is disabled and mobile_data value 1 means that data is enabled. That patch should fix you right up. I hope.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

More investigation into APN's and Such

So I've been playing around with the APN's some more (I'm trying to merge the APN's from the Stock ROM with those from Cyanogenmod and using the Stock ROM values if there is a conflict) to see if I can get even better results and I noticed something. In the build.prop file, there is a setting, ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310004. This setting seems to simply be the APN's mcc and mnc jammed together (in this case mcc="310" and mnc="004"). I went to my stock ROM on the safe side and noticed that I am actually connected to an APN where the mcc="311" and the mnc="480." That being said, I changed the value of ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric to 311480 on my daily driver.

I'm curious as to whether this is another example of a mistake in the APN/build.prop in Cyanogenmod for Verizon. If/when people who are using my Verizonified MIUI v5 XT912 report whether it is working for them and whether 4G works, can you also go to your stock ROM and report what the values of the mcc and mnc of the APN you are connecting to are?

My best guess is those are not regional and that we all will find that our mcc is 311 and the mnc is 480. If that is the case, we might be able to speed up the connection to data if our build.prop is pointing to the correct value: 311480 instead of 310004.

Let me know, thanks!

Stock Rom
mcc=311
mnc=480

nu2droid

Aug 10, 2010
Georgia

.....By default, the settings.db file has the preferred_network_mode set to 7 and it needs to be set to 10. First go into the testing menu by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* with the phone dialer (this translates to *#*#4636#*#*). Under Phone information -> Set preferred network type the drop down menu is probably set to GSM/CDMA. Change that to LTE/GSM/CDMA.

If I read the patch right... it looks like it is setting the value to 8 and not the 10 it should be..

Also. I did the patch changing the 7 to a 10 and the 0 to a 1, but I am still unable to connect to play store but I have data... Ie email, text, web and even this forum with tapatalk.
I confirmed in the settings db that the settings took..... Any idea?

Last edited:

fujcru

Jun 30, 2013
If I read the patch right... it looks like it is setting the value to 8 and not the 10 it should be..

Also. I did the patch changing the 7 to a 10 and the 0 to a 1, but I am still unable to connect to play store but I have data... Ie email, text, web and even this forum with tapatalk.
I confirmed in the settings db that the settings took..... Any idea?

nu2droid, you are right, the patch file I uploaded still had the older setting in it. Those who want to use the patch can simply edit the patch to fix the values. Find the updater-script file in the patch (it's just a plain old text file) and change the value 8 to a 10 and then the patch should work properly. Regarding your issue with the Play Store, this might sound weird, but is your date/time accurate? I've read that your connection will fail if your date/time is off.

In the end, the updater-script should have the following text commands in it:
Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/data");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
run_program("/system/xbin/sqlite3", "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", "update global set value='10' where name='preferred_network_mode'");
run_program("/system/xbin/sqlite3", "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", "update global set value='1' where name='mobile_data'");
unmount("/data");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("settings.db preferred_network_mode set to 10.");
ui_print("and settings.db mobile_data set to 1.");

I hope your Play Store problem was as simple as the date/time being off. If it's not, it could be a much more difficult problem to fix. I hate to keep saying this, but I don't actually use MIUI so if there are errors and such in the ROM itself, I'm most likely not going to find them and may or may not have the answers on how to fix them. Good luck!

nu2droid

Aug 10, 2010
Georgia
I hope your Play Store problem was as simple as the date/time being off. If it's not, it could be a much more difficult problem to fix. I hate to keep saying this, but I don't actually use MIUI so if there are errors and such in the ROM itself, I'm most likely not going to find them and may or may not have the answers on how to fix them. Good luck!

I went back when I couldn't get it to work but I am gonna try again... I will check the time thing when I do.

I do understand this isn't your daily driver and I just want to thank you for the work and guidance you have given us.
This ROM is awesome and I want to thank everyone that has brought Miui to the XT912...

fujcru

Jun 30, 2013
I went back when I couldn't get it to work but I am gonna try again... I will check the time thing when I do.

I do understand this isn't your daily driver and I just want to thank you for the work and guidance you have given us.
This ROM is awesome and I want to thank everyone that has brought Miui to the XT912...

Another suggestion I found for people dealing with Play Store issues deals with the Play Store app and the Download Manager app. The information states that the Download Manager app does need to be enabled for the Play Store to work. If for some reason you froze it or disabled it, you would want to reenable/unfreeze it and see if that fixes the Play Store connection.

If your Download Manager wasn't disabled or frozen, the next step is to try clearing the cache and data from these two apps. Go into the app manager in MIUI and clear the cache and data from the Play Store app and the Download Manager app (I think you need to be in the "All" section/filter of the App Manager in order to see these two apps).

I hope that fixes your Play Store issues.

User Crazy_Eddie sent me a private post which reminded me of something else I was going to suggest. I've noticed that you can't dirty flash all ROM's. In particular, when I was testing AOKP based ROM's, I noticed that you sort of could dirty flash them, but instead of just being able to do a cache, davlik cache wipe and flashing of the latest version of the ROM, you also needed to reflash the gapps.

That is the alternate suggestion if none of the other things I mentioned don't work. Try reflashing the gapps and see if that fixes the Play Store.

Last edited:

hacker812c

Mar 28, 2012
Salvador🇧🇷
New ROMS GSM and CDMA Updated
MOTO XT910 (3.11.22) (Android 4.2.2)
http://files.miuiandroid.com/3.11.22/miuiandroid_multi_umts_spyder_3.11.22_jb-4.2.zip
http://goo.im//devs/ibotpeaches/miu...iandroid_multi_umts_spyder_3.11.22_jb-4.2.zip

MOTO XT912 (3.11.22) (Android 4.2.2)
http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u3350008/3.11.22/miui_xt912_santajin_3.11.22_c21f0a0984_4.2.zip

Gapps 4.2.x : HERE - Only for roms with 4.2 in file name.
http://celogeek.miuiandroid.com/gapps/miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip

New Recovery Safestrap 3.6x Credits to HASHCODE developer
Safestrap 3.65 XT910
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/umts_spyder/safestrap/Safestrap-UMTS_Spyder-3.65.apk

Safestrap 3.65 XT912
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/spyder/safestrap/Safestrap-Spyder-3.65.apk

Release multilanguage 3.11.22
http://goo.im//devs/ibotpeaches/miu...iandroid_multi_umts_spyder_3.11.22_jb-4.2.zip

New benchmarks information 24 November
Stock Kernel 2901 MIUI Points on Quadrant
Kexec Kernel 3250 MIUI Points on Quadrant

Thanks all participation for all users and friends
Thanks Fujcru for help me and support. God loves you.

Jesus is my Lord.

Last edited:

Team420

Jul 19, 2011
I could never get this to boot on slot 2 of s.s. either. Works great for me in slot 1 though...

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Don't know what phone or version your on but have you tried the fixes listed earlier (post #1637 I think) from fujcru? He gave instructions on how and what to change if your on Verizon xt912...
Good luck.

I'm on a verizon xt912. I got 4g working, dunno why it wasnt connecting before, but it does now.

However.... When I flash the apn file, I loose my dialer, data, and all signal? Weird. Working fine without the patch tho.

iambroken

Dec 23, 2011
Gdansk
In my case on 3.11.22 i can't get camera and gallery to work. Seems to be a problem with access to sd card o_O.
I managed to get around it for now by using fv camera and quickpic... but still it's quite a pain in the u know where as sometimes dictionary from keyboard seems to disappear too. FB also crashes a lot. I manage to get it to work by clearing it's cache.. but still these issues cause lack of comfort with using rom :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts