Search This thread
M

marcellocord

can anyone post AOSP Camera.apk of 4.0.3? I want it. :D

Sent from my Galaxy S II via XDA app so sorry if i did any typographical or other mistakes!!

1. If you are asking for Samsung's camera app, it won't work.
2. If you want the camera app of CM9 4.0.3, give up, 4.0.3 is outdated.

3 and MORE important. don't post at the development thread, use discussion thread for noob and general questions.

Narcotrix

Jun 26, 2012
CM9 vs CM10

At the moment I'm running latest RR on siyahkernel 5.0.1 on my SGS2 phone; It's my first try, so, as all went OK, I'd like to try some more roms to see which one fits me most.

So, I thought going for CM10, but I see still a lot af activity on cm9 and cm 7 fora...

My question is why one chooses for cm9 or 7 if cm10 is available and stable ?

Thx

Lamien

Mar 12, 2012
At the moment I'm running latest RR on siyahkernel 5.0.1 on my SGS2 phone; It's my first try, so, as all went OK, I'd like to try some more roms to see which one fits me most.

So, I thought going for CM10, but I see still a lot af activity on cm9 and cm 7 fora...

My question is why one chooses for cm9 or 7 if cm10 is available and stable ?

Thx

Please ask these kinds of questions in the discussion thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Narcotrix

Delacor

Jun 4, 2011
Bremen
Google Pixel 4a
I've formatted my External SD to EXT2 to put an 6gig movie on it. = Bootlop.
Inserted the SD in my Desire S 4.1.2 = working, ROM is booting and after mount command I cann access files over adb but on rootExplorer it says still there is no SD inserted. anyway.
Its working like at the Desire S on an older cm9 nightly. Don't know the exactly builddate, because its in a CWMBackup and need to be restored first..

I don't want to use cm10 because of the SoundBug...

Any help?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
I've formatted my External SD to EXT2 to put an 6gig movie on it. = Bootlop.
Inserted the SD in my Desire S 4.1.2 = working, ROM is booting and after mount command I cann access files over adb but on rootExplorer it says still there is no SD inserted. anyway.
Its working like at the Desire S on an older cm9 nightly. Don't know the exactly builddate, because its in a CWMBackup and need to be restored first..

I don't want to use cm10 because of the SoundBug...

Any help?

why on planet earth did you format ur external sdcard to ext2 filesystem?:cowboy:...it should be formated back to fat32 as all sd cards are supposed to be...fat32....even if you format it in an Android phone via settings/storage/...it will be formated to fat32 fs....as far as i know...none of the file browsers/managers doesn't recognize my ext4 parttion on sdcard....it's invisible to them....so...just use minitool partition wizard or whatever u used to use and format it back to fat32 fs and you'll be happy again;)
and BTW reminder...this is developement thread only and your prob was not dev related...so ...i gueds you figured out what i mean ;)

>Sent from my S-II powered by DorimanX<

Delacor

Jun 4, 2011
Bremen
Google Pixel 4a
why on planet earth did you format ur external sdcard to ext2 filesystem?:cowboy:
Because I want to watch a 6gig Movie...
...it should be formated back to fat32 as all sd cards are supposed to be...fat32....even if you format it in an Android phone via settings/storage/...it will be formated to fat32 fs....as far as i know...
Yes, but fat32 sucks as it is very old.. even to NTFS I cannot format my sdcard because it is not supported by the Dori kernel..

none of the file browsers/managers doesn't recognize my ext4 parttion on sdcard....it's invisible to them....so...just use minitool partition wizard or whatever u used to use and format it back to fat32 fs and you'll be happy again;)
No, what should I do? Split the Movie in pieces? That's not that what I want :(
Yes I also expected that the partition was invisible.. I think I cannot do any other thing to wait for exFAT or something else with native support... :cowboy:
and BTW reminder...this is developement thread only and your prob was not dev related...so ...i gueds you figured out what i mean ;)

>Sent from my S-II powered by DorimanX<
Yes, but it did not boot up, but an older Nightly did. Also other Devices did.. but you are right, sorry :(

Greetings from cold Germany

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Last edited:

Primus76

Jan 19, 2011
Saint John
So search is down. Put CM 9 RC 1 on my wifes S2 and it was working great up until the past few days. Now Android OS is going nuts and draining in less than 16 hours from full charge. I disabled location services but not sure why it was stable for 4 weeks or so up to this point since there were no updates and nothing else has changed. I know better battery stats used to be the old standard of looking at why but it isn't free any longer. Wondering if there was something else people would suggest of if this was a known problem for this version? I tried CM 10.1 but it was so buggy we had to go back to something stable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
So search is down. Put CM 9 RC 1 on my wifes S2 and it was working great up until the past few days. Now Android OS is going nuts and draining in less than 16 hours from full charge. I disabled location services but not sure why it was stable for 4 weeks or so up to this point since there were no updates and nothing else has changed. I know better battery stats used to be the old standard of looking at why but it isn't free any longer. Wondering if there was something else people would suggest of if this was a known problem for this version? I tried CM 10.1 but it was so buggy we had to go back to something stable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I also had crazy android os usage in any/every cm9 nightly/stable version i had tried, also on cm10. In the end had to go back to samsung rom as my battery wouldnt even llast for 2 hours screen on tine

Edit: also betterbatterystats is free on xda if im not mistaken.

Edit2: is touch sounds on? In settings>sounds.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

elektroinside

Jul 10, 2011
Browser not syncing if encryption passphrase is enabled

I recently enabled (in Chrome settings) the feature to encrypt everything which is synced with a passphrase (not just the Google account password, see attached snapshot). Since then, Browser is not syncing anything. It's logging in automatically and successfully, but nothing is synced. Clearing data for Browser is not helping, it's not asking for a passphrase neither. Chrome for Android is syncing though.

Is there a workaround for this? Or a fix?

Thanks!

EDIT: I missed that I was watching the development thread and posted my question here. Sorry if not the place to ask.

Last edited:

Primus76

Jan 19, 2011
Saint John
I also had crazy android os usage in any/every cm9 nightly/stable version i had tried, also on cm10. In the end had to go back to samsung rom as my battery wouldnt even llast for 2 hours screen on tine

Edit: also betterbatterystats is free on xda if im not mistaken.

Edit2: is touch sounds on? In settings>sounds.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah found BBS on xda but not sure how to fully read it yet.

I think her touch sounds are off but the drain is in non usage time.

Thanks though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

dmwoods

Jul 3, 2010
Hi Codeworkx

I have today received an Official Samsung SII Car Dock.
The dock has 1 USB connector (that goes into the phone) that is then split out into a USB power input and a Audio Jack input.

Currently the Audio Jack does not work. The expected behaviour is that the AudioService class should get an appropriate intent when it senses the Audio connection being connected.

Code:
private class AudioServiceBroadcastReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {
        @Override
        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

I have added some extra logging into the AudioService.java and while connected to adb via wireless, plugged in the dock.

I do get this intent (ACTION_DOCK_EVENT)

Code:
V/AudioService( 2028): Broadcast Receiver: Got action = android.intent.action.DOCK_EVENT
V/AudioService( 2028): Broadcast Receiver: Got ACTION_DOCK_EVENT, dockState = 2

The Extra dock state is Intent.EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_CAR which is right - infact on the device I can see the dock Icon.

However the current code in that block sets the Audio to be the BT Car Dock.
I had hoped that this may be the reason why I was getting no audio - so I changed the default to the USB Analog Dock

Code:
//config = AudioSystem.FORCE_BT_CAR_DOCK;
config = AudioSystem.FORCE_ANALOG_DOCK;

This didn't seem to work either, so I noticed that the config for the force is actualy set for each type - so I added the following after the AudioSystem.FOR_DOCK

Code:
AudioSystem.setForceUse(AudioSystem.FOR_MEDIA, config);

Again this did not work.

So I had an Idea - the dock event is not the same as an audio plug even - when I pug into the normal audio jack I get a new Intent (for the top jack).
I dont get anything for the dock audio.

Further down the same class I see the following

Code:
 } else if (action.equals(Intent.ACTION_USB_ANLG_HEADSET_PLUG)) {
                int state = intent.getIntExtra("state", 0);
                Log.v(TAG, "Broadcast Receiver: Got ACTION_USB_ANLG_HEADSET_PLUG, state = "+state);
                synchronized (mConnectedDevices) {

This seems to be what I am looking for.

So what is stopping the intent event being fired?

Is there something missing from the Kernel to support the USB Analog Headset?

My Java debugging is pretty good, but my lack of Kernel & Android experience is stopping me get any further.

Thanks

Steven

I've been looking for the same thing.

This older Intent gets sent "android.intent.action.DOCK_EVENT".

// 0 = EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_UNDOCKED
// 1 = EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_DESK
// 2 = EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_CAR
// 3 = EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_LE_DESK - Low End Analog desk
// 4 = EXTRA_DOCK_STATE_HE_DESK - High End Digital desk

I never see these Intents being sent:

android.intent.action.USB_ANLG_HEADSET_PLUG (Ice Cream Sandwich)
android.intent.action.USB_DGTL_HEADSET_PLUG (Ice Cream Sandwich)

android.intent.action.ANALOG_AUDIO_DOCK_PLUG (Jelly Bean)
android.intent.action.DIGITAL_AUDIO_DOCK_PLUG (Jelly Bean)

limitedMUSCL

Nov 23, 2013
San Giuseppe dei Campi
Everytime setPreferredNetworkType is executed with data on I get and error in logcat so I've tryed to fix it.

I'm not sure if this is the best solution, I'm not an expert on android code, I only analyze the problem and found a solution, but probably an expert can improve it.
The bug is in Smdk4210RIL.java

Because I don't know how to make a propper diff I've uploaded the java file.
Please review it.
I'm trying to send the patch using gerrit instructions but I'm having problems. Anyway I'll try to upload the patch as soon as possible. Downloading repo again.

This patch will fix the problem with toggle 2G/3G buttons in AOKP roms

Edit:
Ok, finally I've uploaded the patch to CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base: patch
Sorry for tabulations and extra spaces, I have to reconfigure my text editor.

Edit2: I've improved the previous patch: patch2 , logs removed

Wow!
Is this on new CM11 by any chance?

Top Liked Posts