[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

aRc.

Mar 12, 2012
Hello. I'm running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on GT-I9100 international and i need 2 things.

1) The auto dimming setting is too low (about 2 seconds), I've looked everywhere but I cannot find the settings, where are they?

2) I accidentally deleted theme manager in Titanium. Can I flash using a zip in CWM?

May 20, 2012
Hello, I have used cm9 for a couple of months but went to stockrom because of rilcrashes.
I have tried different modems but there was no different.
Is there a solution for this problem or wil this be a bug for ever until samsung share exynos codes?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

czesiu

Apr 13, 2010
Warsaw
twitter.com
I also have problems with signal, it drops and reconnects a few times a week at the moment so I just live with that.

When can we expect next nightly? (with exynos-mem: Fix major security hole)

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Hello. I'm running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on GT-I9100 international and i need 2 things.

1) The auto dimming setting is too low (about 2 seconds), I've looked everywhere but I cannot find the settings, where are they?

2) I accidentally deleted theme manager in Titanium. Can I flash using a zip in CWM?

1. settings > display >sleep ?

pr4wn3r

Jun 20, 2012
I also have problems with signal, it drops and reconnects a few times a week at the moment so I just live with that.

When can we expect next nightly? (with exynos-mem: Fix major security hole)

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

As faar as i know development for cm9 stopped,the nighies are only fixes,i would recomend to move on to cm 10.1!
Those signal drops might be RIL crahes,you could try to flash other modems,just search the thread,been discussed many times!

I'm on cm10.1 now and since i moved from cm9 to 10.1 i havent had any issues with connections

Samsung Galaxy SII - CM10.1
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

czesiu

Apr 13, 2010
Warsaw
twitter.com
As faar as i know development for cm9 stopped,the nighies are only fixes,i would recomend to move on to cm 10.1!
Those signal drops might be RIL crahes,you could try to flash other modems,just search the thread,been discussed many times!

I'm on cm10.1 now and since i moved from cm9 to 10.1 i havent had any issues with connections

I tried many modems and RILs in past few months.

Regarding 10.1 - what is this known issue exactly?
Audio: not all features implemented yet

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Not rly sure,just know that its very stable for me and i'm happier with cm10.1 than cm9

I want to move to 10.1, but I can't find a good replacement for "LBE Privacy Guard" which only works up to ICS... :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

aRc.

Mar 12, 2012
Not sure what I've done, but I no longer get H+ data, only 3G or H. I'm running 9.1 stable on a Galaxy S2 with no mods or system edits. I've looked everywhere for the 9.1 kernel but no joy.

I don't want to reflash as I have my setup how I like it. So if anyone has the flashable kernel available, please could you share with me?

Thanks.

P.S. I want to run 10.1 but will it run on the S2 and which nightlie is the most stable?

Sent from Bat Country

Last edited:

JulianXhokaxhiu

Aug 14, 2012
julianxhokaxhiu.com
R: [ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Not sure what I've done, but I no longer get H+ data, only 3G or H. I'm running 9.1 stable on a Galaxy S2 with no mods or system edits. I've looked everywhere for the 9.1 kernel but no joy.

I don't want to reflash as I have my setup how I like it. So if anyone has the flashable kernel available, please could you share with me?

Thanks.

P.S. I want to run 10.1 but will it run on the S2 and which nightlie is the most stable?

Sent from Bat Country

Go flash the latest one available, look at my sig, I was the one who kept cm9.1 until one week ago. But now I've decided to pass to 10.1, is stable, feature proof and honestly I didn't found any bug apart the popup glitch on keyboard, which can be disabled or bypass it by using another one :) that's it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aRc.

domenico.lp

Jul 18, 2010
AW: [ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Hi fellows!

Can anyone tell me if there i any difference between the stable and the latest nightly? I mean very notable differences like new features or something like that. Could not find anything by forum search...

pr4wn3r

Jun 20, 2012

Hi fellows!

Can anyone tell me if there i any difference between the stable and the latest nightly? I mean very notable differences like new features or something like that. Could not find anything by forum search...

Few bug fixes,nothing major..i would recommend going to cm10.1, yes still nightlies,but perfectly stable

domenico.lp

Jul 18, 2010

Okay, thanks a lot. Already tried cm10.1 - gave me ril crashes on different modems and i need a reliable phone for work.
I think i will stick with 9.1 for now - it has got everything i need, when some of my apps won't work on ics anymore i will do an upgrade.

aRc.

Mar 12, 2012
How can this be fixed? (9.1)

VuzMv0s.png

Sent from Bat Country

gazdajezda

Apr 24, 2011
My phone's data connection always drop. It takes about 5-10mins to reconnect back.
Besides, my phone SOD very often, any idea how to solve this?

Data connection just drop on CM9? Could be wrong modem version... I sugest you to find / flash best modem for your carrier (do some research) and also try McM's vsync patched version of CM10 (with Siyah v.4) and hopefully you'l be happy. Its fast and furious, that's all i can say about it:)

elektroinside

Jul 10, 2011
Browser not syncing if encryption passphrase is enabled

I recently enabled (in Chrome settings) the feature to encrypt everything which is synced with a passphrase (not just the Google account password, see attached snapshot). Since then, Browser is not syncing anything. It's logging in automatically and successfully, but nothing is synced. Clearing data for Browser is not helping, it's not asking for a passphrase neither. Chrome for Android is syncing though.

Is there a workaround for this? Or a fix?

Thanks!

Re-FleX_NL

Apr 2, 2012
Utrecht
Hello all,

I have a question, the thing is that i flashed a lot of roms and didnt find any roms yet till cm9.1 that forfilled my needs for a rom.
There are several things that i find important 2 major things are:

-Stability (all mayor functions must work)
-Battery life

Yesterday i flashed from stock 4.1.2 (spain) to CM9.1 becuese battery life on stock was so extreme short that i wanted another rom.
Becuese this build is stable i flashed it to my SG2 and after i did that i was so happy to see my battery life allready increased dramaticly (3% batt lose when i woke up this morning)

The question i have is:

Is it wise to update to CM10.1? so yes why?
And is there a kernel for CM9.1 that is better then stock?

Greetz from Holland

Last edited:

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello all,

I have a question, the thing is that i flashed a lot of roms and didnt find any roms yet till cm9.1 that forfilled my needs for a rom.
There are several things that i find important 2 major thins are:

-Stability (all mayor functions must work)
-Battery life

Yesterday i flashed form stock 4.1.2 (spain) to CM9.1 becuese battery life was so extreme short that i wanted another rom.
I look in this forum for my questions but did not find them all.

The question i have is:

Is it wise to update to CM10.1? so yes why?
And is there a kernel for CM9.1 that is better then stock?

Greetz from Holland

If you want stability I would stay on CM9.

You can use Siyah kernel with CM9 but you will get no support for that in this thread.

Spun out from a JELLIED and RENOVATED One X.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p