[ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.3.0] CyanogenMod 10.2 official nightly builds // discussion

Search This thread

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
highdiver_2000 said:
I am on CM11 stock with Aviate Launcher. Played music for 50 mins using Rocket Player. So far so good , with 1 alarm, 1 incoming, 1 SMS, 1 notification and 1 out going call.

So the fuse daemon problem has been solved..?? When?? I didnt saw any such commit. ..:/

anthonypiccolo

Apr 29, 2012
Melbourne
I'm currently on a CM 10.2 (4.3) nightly build. I want to upgrade to CM 11 (4.4).

Is this all that is required as I'm coming from a previous CM version.

- CM11 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM11 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- Reboot

Do I need to download and flash a new GApps? There doesn't seem to be a download for GApps with KitKat on this website. So I'm assuming the current GApps I have will suffice?

Can someone provide some clarification? Thanks!

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
anthonypiccolo said:
I'm currently on a CM 10.2 (4.3) nightly build. I want to upgrade to CM 11 (4.4).

Is this all that is required as I'm coming from a previous CM version.

- CM11 ZIP to your SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM11 zip from SDCard
- Reboot

Do I need to download and flash a new GApps? There doesn't seem to be a download for GApps with KitKat on this website. So I'm assuming the current GApps I have will suffice?

Can someone provide some clarification? Thanks!

Search for the core gapps 4.4.2 :) they never cause any trouble wid custom roms ;)

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
So the fuse daemon problem has been solved..?? When?? I didnt saw any such commit. ..:/

Sorry no idea, did not follow.. Saw a couple of posts on a music problem. Tested, so far so good. Music was playing for 2 hours straight.

The only problem is that Rocket Player did not display info (Title, Album, Performer) on the current song, whereas Aviate did.

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
I have a nightly since January. If I update to a feb/march nightly, Play breaks, can't log in.
If I wipe format, when I boot up Android keyboard is broken, can't type, also gabbs services pop up error once in a while. This is confusing. What can I do?

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

szymko1995

Aug 3, 2010
Bytom, PL
I have a nightly since January. If I update to a feb/march nightly, Play breaks, can't log in.
If I wipe format, when I boot up Android keyboard is broken, can't type, also gabbs services pop up error once in a while. This is confusing. What can I do?

Backup data with Titanium, make full wipe and reflash everything.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012

Sounds like you have flashed the wrong version of Gapps for the ROM. 4.3.0, (this thread) have no more nightlies. Did you just flashed a CM11?

nicoX

Jan 31, 2011
Sounds like you have flashed the wrong version of Gapps for the ROM. 4.3.0, (this thread) have no more nightlies. Did you just flashed a CM11?

I run 4.3.1. It also didn't work work the phones own ROM downloader.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Mod version 10.2
Downloads showing up 11...

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
Someone knows how or if it is possilbe to add some quick buttons to the CM Stock Camera, so I can fastly switch between 8 MP pictures with JPEG-Quality: high and 1.3 MP pictures with JPEG Quality: low?
To change this, I need a lot of clicks which is inconvenient and sometimes just too long, to do a fast snapshot.
Often I take high quality pictures, but sometimes, quite often as well, I just need some minor quality pics with not so big size (high quality is about 2-3 MB, low quality down to 60 KB only!).

At the moment I use two different camera apps, the stock one for low quality pictures and "A Better Camera" for high res. pictures, but I would prefer to just use the stock camera app just with fast access to different settings.

This possible?
Maybe a widget for this exists?

Thank, frank

Last edited:

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
Someone knows at least if possible to add a way to have a camera button with press on the Volume button?
I see, CM10.2 is abandoned, everybody switched to CM11 I guess ;)
I found a solution to my problem with Volume button a camera button: The Xposed module "Xposed Additions", where I can set some new functions for the physical keys (in the paid version):

Buttons / Add new key / Volume up (and later down for the same) / Add new condition / Load application list / Galerie (the CM-camera app is called this) / Click Action / Camera

In the free version also possible without the paid feature "Application List" (and choose there the Gallery as CM-camera app) but condition Screen on and long press on Volume (to be able to still use the volume button normally).
But this less comfortable.

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Can't tell you, I don't have games on my phone.

How is the procedure to move back to CM10.2from CM11? Any problems?

Ah OK, will giv it a try myself then sometime this weekend :)

As far as I know, its a mess. So what I did when I was testing CM11, is make a complete nandroid backup and titanium app backup. Then to migrate SMS and call logs, create a backup using SMS backup apps, and to migrate Whatsapp messages to CM11, just copy the whole "Whatsapp" folder from the phones storage to my PC and copy it back to the clean ROM, install Whatsapp and simply restore the messages.

All the other apps I would install once I spent a day making sure I was happy with the ROM.

Basically, clean install either way because there are big differences, especially with GAPPS and apps compatibility :good:

Reactions: Yokurt815

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
Ok here is what I did to upgrade.
Back up my sms by moving to Hangout.
Flash a stock version of CM to clear my Gustavo kernel
Clear caches
Flash cm11 and PA gapps
Oops no space.
Flash PA micro Gapps
%*#=$& Still no space
Format system partition
Flash PA micro Gapps
Ok
Clear caches, reboot
All apps ok, Google account, Touchdown, Evernote, Symantec VIP (2FA) all ok.
All data, pictures, music ok

Alarmdroid hang after 3 days. Clear data and restored

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Known_Issues_page_for_i9100

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read the official wiki
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy 4.3 GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10.2 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9100

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9100/cm10.2/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Cliavwnl.png
    KU20Ou6l.png

keZgcQzl.png
    DvIlvAPl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    Here's a gift for you:
    http://xplod.fr/uploads/cm-10.2-20130730-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

New build, untested as previous, but should be fine.
    Without pointing at anyone, leaving an offending download for people to waste time on fixing it's results is downright irresponsible.

some people are saying that it's working, other's say that it's a kernel issue.
    at least, some usefull info for us.

i bought a house and have a lot to do.
    I'm currently not working on any of my phones. i'm spending the last few minutes left of my freetime to give you new builds every few days.
    so please stfu.
    New build, graphical glitches fixed: http://xplod.fr/uploads/cm-10.2-20130806-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    Screenshots should work, orientation animation, ...
    tomorrows nightly will allow you to modify the button backlight timeout via settings -> buttons.
    you'll also be able to disable the backlight completely.