[ROM][GT-I9100][JB][4.3.0] CyanogenMod 10.2 official nightly builds // discussion

Search This thread

szokun

Feb 6, 2013
Btw thank you for your submission :good:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the GT-I9100 uses a Broadcom BCM4330 which is Bluetooth 4.0+HS compatible
so Bluetooth 3.0 was 'just' a driver limitation...

Spec says FM receiver and TRANSMITTER? Shut up and take my money! I know.. It'll never happen... :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

xsam123

Apr 16, 2011
Santiago
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Problem with reboot and backup/restore on CWM

I've a problem using this rom.

I flashed it two times, following the instructions in the OP, except for the recovery: I use Apolo kernel with TWRP, so i flashed the zips from there.

The first attempt was in mid-end october (with the latest nightly at these time). It flashed and boots OK, i did the initial wizard, configured my Google account and next installed Viper4Android EQ. After that, I rebooted the phone for apply the lib of V4A. This second boot, the phone was stuck on the boot animation (I know that sometimes can be take more time, but usually the first boot is the longest, not the second. Also i waited about 10 minutes and nothing happened), so i pulled out the battery and entered to recovery for do a restore. (I previously made two backups, one for CWM with the online nandroid app OBackup and the other from TWRP recovery). As the recovery that CM uses is CWM, i tried to restore this type of backup first. Seems restored OK, but when i rebooted my phone, its got stuck at the bootanimation (of the pre-CM rom, a modified stock). I rebooted to recovery again (this time was TWRP) and restore the backup from there. This time works and can continue with a functional rom.

The second attempt was today, with the last nightly (28/11). I followed the instructions in the OP (flash first and wipe after) and rebooted the phone. The phone boots OK, i did the initial configuration, Google account,disable mobile data and connect to wifi. Next this, i test the camera, took one photo and one 1080p video, and with the video the camera freezes and FC. Next this, i rebooted the phone for resolve the camera problem and got stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy SII GT-i9100" logo, even before boot animation. I wait about 5 minutes, even i connect the phone to charger, and nothing. So, pulled out the battery, again, and entered to recovery for restore. (I also made two backups, one for CWM and one for TWRP, but this time, both were made in the OBackup app). I first tried with the CWM and got the same result of the fist time: stuck in the pre-CM rom boot animation. So, i rebooted to recovery again (this time was TWRP also) and restored the TWRP backup. When finished, the recovery shows "fail" in the screen, but the log was OK. I rebooted the phone and the rom was loaded correctly.

The first attempt, the rom that i was using before CM was HassanROM i think. The second attempt the rom using before CM was (is, because i restored) Chameleon 3.0.4 rom. Both with Apolo 4.x (now i've 4.12) regular TWRP kernel by pedestre.

So, what can be the problem? maybe is a problem due to TWRP and i need to follow the OP instructions to the letter and flash the zips from CWM?. What happens if i wipe first and flash after?
And what about the CWM backup/restore problem? is due to a bad backup? is problem of OBackup app? Why only TWRP backups worked?
:confused:

Thanks in advance, i want to use CM but this problem prevents me. :(

EDIT: I solve the problem. I flashed CWM before flashing the zips, wiped everything, flash the zips and everything goes ok, I did a reboot and this time works like a charm :)

Last edited:

tomeks

Sep 17, 2010
Wroclaw
How can I confirm if BLE is really working?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is working great.
Runtastic pro is working with my Zephyr Smart HRM without any problems.

One less reason to change the phone :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Working great!
Thank you.

Reactions: 70x7

99x

Nov 21, 2011
Warwickshire
It is working great.
Runtastic pro is working with my Zephyr Smart HRM without any problems.

One less reason to change the phone :)

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Working great!
Thank you.

The guy who found the fix did it a month ago, can't believe no one else noticed it haha

xsam123

Apr 16, 2011
Santiago
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Stereo audio in videos

Time ago i saw a commit in BBQ changelog that said something like "enabled second mic in video for samsung devices", then i thought that the stereo audio recording in video was possible, but now i try to make a video with stereo audio and only one mic (the bottom one) works, despite that MediaInfo shows that the video have 2 channels of audio. Can someone confirm that?

I use 28/11 nightly with 720p and the maximum quality setting selected.

Thanks in advance! :)

spitfire1983

Nov 30, 2013
Bluetooth Issues, no in call sound, no media metadata

Hi all,

Been all over google on this for a couple of days now but havn't been able to find a solution. Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth calling? I can connect to my car's head unit and stream music but as soon as I make or recieve a call all sound stops. I can switch to speaker on the phone mid call and the speaker outputs sound but it cuts out when I go back to bluetooth. Also noticed that when streaming meda the track/artist info is not comming through. If anyone knows of a ROM where this is working please let me know, I have seen others have some success with CM10 but that is not avaliable for my device i9100 (international)

Pairing works fine and it shows both media and phone are avaliable though I did notice no PIN was required even though one is present on my head unit.

Tried fresh build, wiping caches, system and factory reset, even the CM11 alpha with no luck. Currently on CM10.2 nightly from yesterday (saw the bluetooth changes and was hopefull but no luck).

Tried installing BTMonoRouter and confirmed that whenever it is turned on the car switches to call mode but no sound comes out

Logs (attached) seem to show a bunch of errors with TinyALSA-Audio Output, Audio Flinger and AudioTrack which research indicates is usually a driver issue. I have also attached the btsnoop log which i've been opening in wireshark in case anyone is interested but I couldn't make anything interesting from it.

Also thought I should mention the head unit is definately ok, tested with a friends phone.

EDIT - If anyone else finds this post and is having the same issue, i'm 99% sure this is a rom issue but maybe specific to my Device/Car Kit combo (i9100 instead of i9100g ect) Formatted and Flashed back to stock and BT calling now works. Formatted and flashed back to the latest CM and no sound in BT Calls. Nothing loaded other than the G Apps. Not sure why it works for others, possibly a particular BT protocol my car kit is using is incompatible with the CM ROMS. Basically I've given up and staying on stock for now, hanging out for the GS5 or next years round of supaphones.

Attachments

• btsnoop_hci.txt
    76.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

70x7

Jul 31, 2012
Bluetooth Low Energy just works if the other gadget support. If not it will run in normal mode. But now turn off bluetooth when not in use isn't necessary. SFMBE.

HanaPoulpe

Oct 20, 2011
Lille
Wich radio do you use? I have bt glitches that seems related to wifi activity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

te0o

Jan 12, 2012
Burgas
Chaps, I've got a problem. Several hours ago, I installed 10.2 over my old 10.1. Everything went smoothly up until now. I had to reboot the phone and I'm now stuck on the bootscreen animation. Any ideas?

pempek

Nov 30, 2013
Does anyone have similar problem? Simply Dialer app fails to start. The last build that works for me is 5 Nov Nightly. Since then none works :/

E/AndroidRuntime( 9471): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate application com.android.dialer.DialerApplication: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.android.dialer.DialerApplication" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/system/app/Dialer.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

turboblaz

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Chaps, I've got a problem. Several hours ago, I installed 10.2 over my old 10.1. Everything went smoothly up until now. I had to reboot the phone and I'm now stuck on the bootscreen animation. Any ideas?

Did you performed a drity install or did you wiped everythinf before you installed the latest cm10.2 nightly?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Does anyone have similar problem? Simply Dialer app fails to start. The last build that works for me is 5 Nov Nightly. Since then none works :/

Thats strange cause for me its working. Try to perform a clean install and report if it works :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9100_Info

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Known_Issues_page_for_i9100

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read the official wiki
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy 4.3 GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10.2 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9100

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9100/cm10.2/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Cliavwnl.png
    KU20Ou6l.png

keZgcQzl.png
    DvIlvAPl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    Here's a gift for you:
    http://xplod.fr/uploads/cm-10.2-20130730-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip

New build, untested as previous, but should be fine.
    Without pointing at anyone, leaving an offending download for people to waste time on fixing it's results is downright irresponsible.

some people are saying that it's working, other's say that it's a kernel issue.
    at least, some usefull info for us.

i bought a house and have a lot to do.
    I'm currently not working on any of my phones. i'm spending the last few minutes left of my freetime to give you new builds every few days.
    so please stfu.
    New build, graphical glitches fixed: http://xplod.fr/uploads/cm-10.2-20130806-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
    Screenshots should work, orientation animation, ...
    tomorrows nightly will allow you to modify the button backlight timeout via settings -> buttons.
    you'll also be able to disable the backlight completely.