[ROM][GT-I9105P][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ptothej

Aug 16, 2012
Olkusz
I will... I am in desperate need of some custom ROM... I have had many cellphones like Optimus, Nexus 1/S, Galaxy S, Xperia Tipo, Galaxy Y etc... and have always used custom ROMS to tweak up my phone and all...
Before buying S2 Plus, I thought many devs will be interested in creating its custom roms and kernels because there was a newer and advanced processor and gpu in it... But, after having this phone for a month and a half, I have come to know that people don't have time to waste on this AWESOME phone :(

Sorry for my bad english :(

BTW: I have used more than 20 custom ROMS like Paranoid, Jellyshots, MIUI and etc... Can't we ask them to make one for our device??

If you are so desperate then spend some extra monet for another S2plus and send it to a skilled developer.
If you dont want to do that, sit tight and wait patiently.
It's a develepor good will to make a custom rom/kernel and not his job.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9105P za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Maisam.asif

Jun 4, 2011
Karachi
If you are so desperate then spend some extra monet for another S2plus and send it to a skilled developer.
If you dont want to do that, sit tight and wait patiently.
It's a develepor good will to make a custom rom/kernel and not his job.

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9105P za pomocą Tapatalk 2
If I had that much extra money then why would I go for s2plus? s3 or s4 was an open option for me :D

May 31, 2013
WE

i think WE (I mean Owners) should do something. don't get disapointed with It.
But you know, Don't get mad if I say No one Helps.
this is about a week I'm asking if some one please uploads the last firmware of I9105 on a different server except Hot File. and I can make some tweaked Roms. But No one helps. just one of the friends and also he said wait and stay alerted.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus are available from https://github.com/skullface1/android_device_samsung_i9105 and opensource.samsung.com (Kernel Source yet to be uploaded on gihub)

Patch to system/core for RIL to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5372673.
    Patch to device/common for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5411720.
    Patch to hardware/libhardware for microphone to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5449660
    Patch to framework/av for video recording to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5449655
    Thanks Pawitp :)

Do not submit bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker

Important Note
    I do not own this phone!So i dont know if i can solve existing bugs/not working lists.I may anytime discontinue the rom. Or someone else can take part in develpment of this rom. The rom has been tested by users on i9105P. It is expected not to work on i9105

Downloads
    ROM: cm-10.1-20130511-UNOFFICIAL-i9105P.zip - 160.74 MB
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Note: recovery.tar.md5 - 6.42 MB CWM-based recovery image with full internal and external sd card support flashable with Odin.

What works?
    • Wi-Fi (including Wifi Direct and Tethering)
    • Bluetooth
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    • Camera (photo & video)
    • Video playback
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    • NFC does not work
    • Landscape does not display properly (workaround: Disable HW overlays in Developer Options)
    • FM Radio does not work
    • Vibration does not work

Installation
    1. Flash stock firmware!(or make sure you are not on any heavily customised rom)
    2. Install ClockworkMod recovery. See this thread for detailed instruction.
    3. Make a backup!
    4. Wipe data (i.e factory reset, cache and dalvik cache)
    5. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Apps Addon(google them)
    7. Wipe again

Changelog
    20130511: Initial release

FAQ

Can you include Feature X into your ROM?
    No. This ROM will have CyanogenMod's feature set.

Can you include S-Note/S-Planner/MultiWindow/Insert Samsung App Here?
    No. This is an AOSP ROM and cannot have TouchWiz applications.

Can you include call recording?
    No. CyanogenMod does not include call recording to avoid potential legal issues.

Will this rom work for i9105?
    No. Unless you are short of paper-weights dont flash.I might realease it for you guys too :p PM me.

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks
    - The CyanogenMod team - for source code
    - Samsung- For kernel source
    - Pawitp - For his work on Galaxy Grand Duos which made it easy as hell for me.
    - Panda00- For helping me getting device specific things and many other things!
    - Ptothej- For providing proprietory files.
    - Tim35p07 For testing it
    guys i made a video of the rom
    hope you guys likes it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWofS3Ik-g

sorry for low resolution
    @pthotej I hope you can fix my problem with the call not working, it can call but i don't hear a dailtone or the other side, the other side doesn't hear me. I could call the very first time, after I hung up I got a sim error and it couldn't work normal anymore

If i and when i release the CM build i will make sure thart'll work. As Cm will be my daily rom.
    Fingers crossed and patience lot of it :)
    Thread closed at OP's request.
    Great to see this out finally :) Good job skullface.
    Now to wait for forums for both the S II Plus and the Galaxy Grand.

Hope the bugs can be ironed out soon as well.