[ROM][GT-I9190/I9192/I9195][Official][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

oroty

Jan 16, 2015
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm thinking of installing this version of Lineage on my phone and I was wondering how do you install these latest builds with the security patches. Do you have to back up everything, install the newest build and start again from scratch (which seems quite tedious). Or can you overwrite the previous build without affecting your data, apps, etc?

Reactions: kurtn

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm thinking of installing this version of Lineage on my phone and I was wondering how do you install these latest builds with the security patches. Do you have to back up everything, install the newest build and start again from scratch (which seems quite tedious). Or can you overwrite the previous build without affecting your data, apps, etc?
You can dirty flash an update, if the installed ROM and the update are from same type and person. That means you wipe nothing and hust flash the zip file in twrp

arpcpro

Sep 29, 2007
Dear friends, thank you for your help
What is the most stable custom ROM for this phone right now?
Android 9 or Android 7.1.2 for GT-i919x
Which ROM bug has less and better speed? Also, does all the hardware work well?
Battery consumption is very important to me!

1- This ROM
2- [ROM][OFFICIAL][N 7.1.2] AOKP-ROM [S4 Mini Duos/3G/LTE ] - weeklies
3- [ROM][I9190/I9192/I9195/L520/R890][Unofficial][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 for S4 Mini

please help ??

I just got a free GT-i9195 and I have the same doubts. It would be helpful to hear opinions of senior S4 Mini owners.

IMO this ROM seems to be very well maintained and supported. Most apps still support android 7.x. From the posts I've read, the latest LineageOS 17.1/Android 10 is still very experimental and not suitable for daily use. I am searching for an Android 6.x or later ROM, that has the most features working. I can survive with the daily reboot, but not not with apps crashing hourly. Most of my usage will be for pokemon go, youtube vanced and uber. The IR blaster and Xposed would be "nice to have".

I just got a free GT-i9195 and I have the same doubts. It would be helpful to hear opinions of senior S4 Mini owners.

IMO this ROM seems to be very well maintained and supported. Most apps still support android 7.x. From the posts I've read, the latest LineageOS 17.1/Android 10 is still very experimental and not suitable for daily use. I am searching for an Android 6.x or later ROM, that has the most features working. I can survive with the daily reboot, but not not with apps crashing hourly. Most of my usage will be for pokemon go, youtube vanced and uber. The IR blaster and Xposed would be "nice to have".

LOS16 and 17 are working perfectly as daily driver. Now on my Phone runs LOS 17 from the first released Version.

Try it.

Reactions: arpcpro

DonQuichotte

Mar 22, 2005
userinit.sh not executed at startup

Hello,

dusted off my good old beloved S4 Mini to give it to my boy as his first mobil. Decided to flash an up-to-date LOS 14.1, because BLN doesn't seem to work anymore on newer Android versions...as far as I read?
To get BLN working, I've put a userinit.sh in /data/local, but is doesn't seem to be executed on startup. Everthing should be done right, because when i execute /etc/init.d/90userinit from Terminal it starts to work.
Anything else I have to do?

bye DonQ

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017
Hello, iI'm looking for your old version of cyanogenmod 14 for serrano3gxx, do you still have it? i know that this post originally was of cm14, i wanted to send you an email but is not the best option.

I wasn't the one doing the builds at that time and I never downloaded it but maybe a link should be available in the old posts.

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hello, iI'm looking for your old version of cyanogenmod 14 for serrano3gxx, do you still have it? i know that this post originally was of cm14, i wanted to send you an email but is not the best option.
Nope, I don't have any builds of old CM versions.

Two quick questions:

1) Any idea if this, or either of arco68's updated roms, will work on the SGH-i257M?
This old post from 2014:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696260
seems to say they might.

2) Will this rom (or the newer versions) allow a phone to remain usable after gsm is shut off in a year or so? I.e., is there any HD/voLTE support? It seems that the stock rom in the bootloader-locked US SGH-i257 does support voLTE, but the stock rom in the non-locked Canadian i257M does not. Both versions work fine right now with AT&T in the US.

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Two quick questions:

1) Any idea if this, or either of arco68's updated roms, will work on the SGH-i257M?
This old post from 2014:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696260
seems to say they might.

2) Will this rom (or the newer versions) allow a phone to remain usable after gsm is shut off in a year or so? I.e., is there any HD/voLTE support? It seems that the stock rom in the bootloader-locked US SGH-i257 does support voLTE, but the stock rom in the non-locked Canadian i257M does not. Both versions work fine right now with AT&T in the US.

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff
If your device is not explicitly mentioned, I think it is not supported.

There is no aosp based custom ROM for Samsung phones with VoLTE. So on the long teem we will have problems with telephony.

Top Liked Posts