[ROM][GT-I9190/I9192/I9195][Official][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

micchese

Dec 4, 2020
I'm using the latest Alpha_lin version of this ROM on my S4Mini. I only have one problem with this LineageOS 14.1 version (every version since 2020, not only the latest): everytime I connect Windows 10 to S4 mini hotspot, it keeps creating a new Network Profile (increasing the sequence number), always switching the category to PUBLIC instead of previously saved PRIVATE (WPA pass is saved, but it keeps seeing this device as a new one). I checked S4 MAC address and is always the same. This behavior doesn't happen with other ROMS (i.e I have a S4 with LOS 16.0 and S4 with LOS 17.1). Is there any setting I may look at in order to avoid this hassle everytime I connect to S4 mini hotspot?

micchese

Dec 4, 2020
I'm using the latest Alpha_lin version of this ROM on my S4Mini. I only have one problem with this LineageOS 14.1 version (every version since 2020, not only the latest): everytime I connect Windows 10 to S4 mini hotspot, it keeps creating a new Network Profile (increasing the sequence number), always switching the category to PUBLIC instead of previously saved PRIVATE (WPA pass is saved, but it keeps seeing this device as a new one). I checked S4 MAC address and is always the same. This behavior doesn't happen with other ROMS (i.e I have a S4 with LOS 16.0 and S4 with LOS 17.1). Is there any setting I may look at in order to avoid this hassle everytime I connect to S4 mini hotspot?
Using WiFi Info View I noticed that WiFi MAC Address keeps changing latest 3 bytes. So the problem is due to the fact that Android Hotspot is being presented as a different network each time, which causes the new Network Profile to be added in Windows.
I couldn't find an option to disable Mac address randomization on Hotspot service activation. Any help is welcome.

Reactions: arpcpro

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017
Last edited:

npfp

Aug 27, 2013
Thanx a lot !!
....one question: Which TWRP-version do you suggest, the latest official or the one released when 14.1 was official !? I've strange very long boot-times (~4-5 minutes after switching-on in the morning....) and lately got the phone heating-up extremely when using telephonie....Could both be related to a not-so-well-matching version of TWRP ? I achtually use 3.3.1 (instead of 3.50.9, suggested by arco68 for LOS 18.1, or 3.52.x which is latest-official...).

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017
Thanx a lot !!
....one question: Which TWRP-version do you suggest, the latest official or the one released when 14.1 was official !? I've strange very long boot-times (~4-5 minutes after switching-on in the morning....) and lately got the phone heating-up extremely when using telephonie....Could both be related to a not-so-well-matching version of TWRP ? I achtually use 3.3.1 (instead of 3.50.9, suggested by arco68 for LOS 18.1, or 3.52.x which is latest-official...).
I don't think that it's related to the TWRP version because LOS only uses it when it upgrades. Anyway, I think you can use the latest version without any problem.

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017

npfp

Aug 27, 2013
Builds with August and September security patch

New builds are available :

serranoltexx : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664812547
serranodsdd : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664812543
serrano3gxx : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664812546

Changelog : https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:n-asb-2021-08
https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:n-asb-2021-09

Sorry I wasn't with my computer last month, so here are the updated builds with both security patches.
Thanx a lot again !!
I admire your practical way of environment protection by prolonging life of technical well-built machines !!

Reactions: Alpha_lin

tM&M

Feb 6, 2020
Hey Alpha_lin,

Just a note that while LOS 14.1 is still being updated w/ fixes, it is not tracked for security issues anymore.
As of November, Google is only tracking and updating Android 9 and up.

From the changelogs, it doesn't seem LineageOS is doing that kind of work also.

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017
Hey Alpha_lin,

Just a note that while LOS 14.1 is still being updated w/ fixes, it is not tracked for security issues anymore.
As of November, Google is only tracking and updating Android 9 and up.

From the changelogs, it doesn't seem LineageOS is doing that kind of work also.

Hi tM&M,

Yes, I noticed that since August there is no commit named "Bump security String", but I didn't think it was because they hadn't added a security patch. If so, it's annoying for those using LOS 14.1 here.

However when I compare with LOS 16.0 I see that their commits are quite similar.

tM&M

Feb 6, 2020
Hi tM&M,

Yes, I noticed that since August there is no commit named "Bump security String", but I didn't think it was because they hadn't added a security patch. If so, it's annoying for those using LOS 14.1 here.

However when I compare with LOS 16.0 I see that their commits are quite similar.

"Bump security string" is just the string, it does not patch any issues that may exist for which there were no backports to those older Android versions.

I can see that LOS 16.0 seems to have received patches for Nov 2021 and that Google has the December bulletin still covering Android 9 also. So I guess it should be patched from AOSP fixes soon.

Couldn't find a way on Gerrit to cleanly show all repos with patches.

Alpha_lin

Sep 10, 2017
"Bump security string" is just the string, it does not patch any issues that may exist for which there were no backports to those older Android versions.
I know that's just string, but it's the only commit missing.
I can see that LOS 16.0 seems to have received patches for Nov 2021 and that Google has the December bulletin still covering Android 9 also. So I guess it should be patched from AOSP fixes soon.

Couldn't find a way on Gerrit to cleanly show all repos with patches.
Have you tried tags ?

Top Liked Posts