[ROM][GT-I9190/I9192/I9195][Unofficial Test Builds][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

zufirosa

Sep 11, 2019
hi, not sure if I can post my question here ( don't want to pollute the current topic) but I am also not sure if it's worth a new topic.
I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini type GT-I9195 with Android 4.4.2
I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch that I can only pair with my phone when the Android version is 5 or higher. My phone is still to good to buy a new one so I am looking for a way to get to Android 5 or higher.
Anyone that can advise/help me ?
thanks
Filip

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
hi, not sure if I can post my question here ( don't want to pollute the current topic) but I am also not sure if it's worth a new topic.
I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch that I can only pair with my phone when the Android version is 5 or higher. My phone is still to good to buy a new one so I am looking for a way to get to Android 5 or higher.
thanks
Filip
Yes https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/serranoltexx/

Reactions: zufirosa

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
thanks
Filip

or flash Arco's latest Android 9, it is more up to date & has security patches (possibly the odd minor bug) (refer to multiple sources to be sure you understand what you are doing before flashing, flash twrp with Odin then Lineage zip using TWRP is probably easiest method, no need to root first that way)

Reactions: zufirosa

zufirosa

Sep 11, 2019
thanks for your quick replies...
is there a way to go back to Android 4.4.2 in case I screw up completely ?

zufirosa

Sep 11, 2019
The more I read about it the more I get confused and the less I understand what steps I need to follow...
Anybody from Belgium/Netherlands on this forum that could potentially help via phone ?
Thanks !

The more I read about it the more I get confused and the less I understand what steps I need to follow...
Anybody from Belgium/Netherlands on this forum that could potentially help via phone ?
Thanks !

Use Google:
How to install TWRP on S4mini
Or
How to install Samsung Firmware on S4mini
You will find a lot of YouTube's

Thanks !
Ik kom uit Nederland... Stuur mij jouw telefoonnummer em dan kan ik jou misschien helpen...Groeten.

Or in English: „ I am from the Netherlands ... Send me your telephone number and then maybe I can help you ... Greetings. “

Last edited:

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Ok then thank you, I guess I will flash with Odin the new twrp and then the rom.

think you can flash twrp (edit: zip files I mean) with cwm ... but double check yourself as it's been a few years since I did it.

(also flash gapps at same time as rom (before reboot) if you will use gapps)

Last edited:

sabotage154

Apr 24, 2011
hello. can anyone confirm that the vpn >always on vpn > block VPN feature works on this ROM? on stock oreo roms the vpn >always on vpn >block VPN feature kills the network connection as soon as vpn connection is dropped. i noticed on some lineageos ROMS on other devices the vpn > always on > block VPN feature is broke.

Can anyone confirm that the vpn > always on vpn > block vpn feature works on this ROM? thank you

Top Liked Posts