[ROM][GT-I9190/I9192/I9195][Unofficial Test Builds][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for S4 Mini

Search This thread

sabotage154

Apr 24, 2011
hello @arco68, on your RR rom here the android BLOCK VPN feature seems to work perfectly fine. I dont have a problem using your RR rom, i actually love it but the video recording bug is still present in the RR rom. The other newer RR roms have working video recording but dont have the working BLOCK VPN feature. I have tried all the different 8.0, 8.1, and 9 roms out there for the i9195 and NONE of them seem to have a working Always On VPN > Block VPN feature. Is that feature hard to implement into the roms? would it be possible for you to port the RR rom working BLOCK VPN feature to this lineage rom? i have no clue how hard that is to do but i be willing to send you over a donation for your time if you think its possible to do that. thank you!!!

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
hello @arco68, on your RR rom here the android BLOCK VPN feature seems to work perfectly fine. I dont have a problem using your RR rom, i actually love it but the video recording bug is still present in the RR rom. The other newer RR roms have working video recording but dont have the working BLOCK VPN feature. I have tried all the different 8.0, 8.1, and 9 roms out there for the i9195 and NONE of them seem to have a working Always On VPN > Block VPN feature. Is that feature hard to implement into the roms? would it be possible for you to port the RR rom working BLOCK VPN feature to this lineage rom? i have no clue how hard that is to do but i be willing to send you over a donation for your time if you think its possible to do that. thank you!!!

That's not my rom, and I have in no way been involved in it. If the feature hasn't been forward ported to newer Android versions, it's most likely because it's impossible due to core changes in the Android system. Or it's so difficult that no one has been able to.

helium314

Dec 20, 2016
I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to get it working... in "app info" it is already possible to block connections by type (mobile, WiFi, VPN) for each app.
So shouldn't it be enough to have the "block connections without VPN" setting simpy disable mobile and WiFi for all apps in the same way?

Edit: the option to block connections by type in app info is available in Pie, not sure about Oreo...

Last edited:

sabotage154

Apr 24, 2011
I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to get it working... in "app info" it is already possible to block connections by type (mobile, WiFi, VPN) for each app.
So shouldn't it be enough to have the "block connections without VPN" setting simpy disable mobile and WiFi for all apps in the same way?

Edit: the option to block connections by type in app info is available in Pie, not sure about Oreo...

thanks for the info. yes the always on > block VPN feature is also available in stock from 8.x+. it basically just kills the connection as soon as VPN disconnects. no traffic gets thru the device if the VPN connection drops for whatever reason, VPN app crash, vpn disconnect, ect..ect. when block vpn is activated the device network traffic depends on whether there is an active vnp connection or not. KILL SWITCH basically so none of your device traffic gets routed outside the VPN. from what i understand its the only sure way to make sure your ALL traffic goes thru VPN ALL the time. it is is a great feature but some custom roms on some devices have it but some roms on the same device dont have it. This is not limited to these roms on the i9195. ive noticed the non functioning BLOCK VPN behavior on custom roms across multiple devices. One of The Resurrection Remix based on android 8.1 has a working BLOCK VPN. but every other custom ROM including Resurrection Remix based on 9.0 DONT have a working BLOCK VPN feature. Its basically hit and miss. Ive tried every single rom based on 8.x+ for the i9195 and only the one resurrection remix rom based on 8.1 has working BLOCK VPN. I just wasnt aware if its just too hard to implement or NOBODY really cares about the BLOCK VPN, or it just takes up too much time to implement. Not sure. Thanks for your info though.

Fimosento

Dec 18, 2016
Browsers don't work

First, thank you for the work.

Has anyone had or has a problem regarding browsers? I installed version 16.0 and, right after configuring everything on the system, no browser worked. Both what is already installed, as Chrome, Google Search and others. I tried installing version 15.1 and the first thing I did after installation was run the browser, it worked normal. However, after I made my customizations to my liking in the system, all browsers stopped working. The default browser is whitescreen and the others simply close. What will this problem be?

I was extremely sad because I spent hours installing and configuring things for later the browser no longer work. My phone is the i9192.

Fimosento

Dec 18, 2016
Try re-flashing; and then, go through your customizations one-by-one, checking browser(s) imediately after each one.
First, ty for reply. I believe the customization I made would not affect the browsers as it looks like home, sound, screen, notifications... but I noticed one thing. All browsers, including the Youtube app, keep loading on white screen when my battery is low. I don't know if that is really the reason, but it has happened several times. Now it's 10% and it's working.

*EDIT: Discard the hypothesis of being low battery, now the phone is 70% and none of the browsers work, including Youtube and WhatsApp status that are blurred images. This is very strange...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone