[ROM][GT-I9190/I9195][Official][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12.0 for S4 Mini 3G/LTE

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/help/qa-cyanogenmod-12-0-nightlies-s4-mini-t2994905
Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Screenshots:

CM-12.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-12.0 and gapps-lp zips and put in /sdcard

Before you install CM-12.0: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
  2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
  3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
  4. Boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
    GT-I9190: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2398143
    GT-I9195: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980
    • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-12.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
  2. Wipe data and cache.
  3. Flash cm-12*.zip.
  4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-12.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
  5. Reboot phone.
  6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
  7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
    • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades
Upgrades from previous versions of CM-12.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-12.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
Q: How the heck do I get root?
A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Other Issues?
Use this for obtaining logs.
For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
Marseille
Tank you arco68 and all CM team ! ;)

...and special thank to @F4k :good: for his work ,for to offer us a good "foretaste" before official release !

eaque

Jan 30, 2014
Lyon
Thank you so much!

Noob question: can we use Titanium Backup to restore apps (but not the data)?

Oijkn

Mar 21, 2008
Hi all, at first happy new year everybody and specialty to arco & CM Team ! Then thank you to bring our device to the top !

I would like to know one things please, at the moment I'm on CM12 ROM by F4k. If I want to switch with this official build, I need to wipe all or just do an update as usually ?

Thank you in advance for your reply !

Keep your mind and have a great day !

Best regards, Oijkn.

metaxaos

Nov 18, 2012
Bogorodsk
Hey Arco, thank you for the release!
Only one thing - after F4K's unofficial builds (upgraded without full wipe) I noticed that BLN isn't working anymore.
Could you please merge the appropriate code to the kernel? As it's already working in another build, I suppose it shouldn't be very complicated.

Last edited:

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
  1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
    [/URL]GT-I9195: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980
    • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-12.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!

1. Hi @arco68 Do we need to use cwm 6.0.5.1 ONLY ?? :confused: I have TWRP 2.7.1.0. My problem with cwm is it does not backup modem and efs..
    Anyway I thank you for cm12. :D

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Thanks @arco68!

Q&A thread will be available tomorrow

Hey bro check this out. There is a Q/A thread made today.
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-mini/help/qa-cyanogenmod-12-0-nightlies-s4-mini-t2994905

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hi all, at first happy new year everybody and specialty to arco & CM Team ! Then thank you to bring our device to the top !

I would like to know one things please, at the moment I'm on CM12 ROM by F4k. If I want to switch with this official build, I need to wipe all or just do an update as usually ?

Thank you in advance for your reply !

Keep your mind and have a great day !

Best regards, Oijkn.
Installing without wiping should probably be ok, but no guarantee as I don't know how different those builds are compared to official CM.
Hey Arco, thank you for the release!
Only one thing - after F4K's unofficial builds (upgraded without full wipe) I noticed that BLN isn't working anymore.
Could you please merge the appropriate code to the kernel? As it's already working in another build, I suppose it shouldn't be very complicated.
Kernel already has support for BLN.
Hi @arco68 Do we need to use cwm 6.0.5.1 ONLY ?? :confused: I have TWRP 2.7.1.0. My problem with cwm is it does not backup modem and efs..
Anyway I thank you for cm12. :D

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Hey bro check this out. There is a Q/A thread made today.
Latest TWRP should be fine yes.

stonedraider

Sep 10, 2009
i lost root access after a clean install of cm12... no su binary installed. tried to flash the supersu-update (2.02) but it doesn't help.

Top Liked Posts