[ROM][GT-I9190/I9195][Official][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S4 Mini 3G/LTE

Search This thread

robross0606

Feb 22, 2011
Hello

Got CM12.1 compiled again.

Some things one has to do to finish the compiling process.

1.) Use an older linux distribution like debian jessie. Debian Sid and recent ubuntu versions have a problem with binutils - compiling CM12.1 is not possible at the moment.
2) One has to apply some commits. This is because clang makes problems and breaks the build. And because the commits only made their way into CM13, they have to be applied manually for CM12.1.

To be applied are these three:

If this is done, CM12.1 build just fine. Built it some minutes ago with debian jessie. ;)

Having a similar problem with CM11. Do you know what version of binutils is necessary to compile successfully?

abushahana

Mar 19, 2016
GT-I9190 (S4 min) to upgrade firmware from 4.4.2 to cyanogenmod

dear sir,

Samsung S4 mini (GT-I9190) currently running kitkat 4.4.2 need updates to cyanogenmod. could you tell me which version of cyanogenmod is suitable for S4 mini??

Tonyco1

Nov 28, 2011
Sofia
www.tonyco.net
Hi,
my wife use CM12.1 on mini for a few months. It is very stable. I install exDialer on it, because stock dialer is not good. From a few weeks she has a problem from time to time with making calls. Sometimes when try to make a GSM call it connects to the other site but there is no voice hear and the other site not hear also, but the connection is established. After restarting the phone everything is working just fine. Sometimes you can make a call but it drops after few seconds, again it is OK after restart. I wonder is this a bug in CM12.1 or in exDialer. She uses bluetooth stereo headphones every day for listening music. Can be a problem with bluetooth ? The problem appears when you try to make call without bluetooth headphones , I don't know how it will be with them. When the problem appears I try to turn off bluetooth and data connection and the call suddenly start to be normal without restart, but next time I try this trick again and it not works, I need to make a restart. Do any one have the same problem with CM12.1 ?
Can you offer some other dialer to install ?

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Hi,
my wife use CM12.1 on mini for a few months. It is very stable. I install exDialer on it, because stock dialer is not good. From a few weeks she has a problem from time to time with making calls. Sometimes when try to make a GSM call it connects to the other site but there is no voice hear and the other site not hear also, but the connection is established. After restarting the phone everything is working just fine. Sometimes you can make a call but it drops after few seconds, again it is OK after restart. I wonder is this a bug in CM12.1 or in exDialer. She uses bluetooth stereo headphones every day for listening music. Can be a problem with bluetooth ? The problem appears when you try to make call without bluetooth headphones , I don't know how it will be with them. When the problem appears I try to turn off bluetooth and data connection and the call suddenly start to be normal without restart, but next time I try this trick again and it not works, I need to make a restart. Do any one have the same problem with CM12.1 ?
Can you offer some other dialer to install ?
Try disabling "OK Google" feature.

Reactions: Franivelius

Nivin Abraham

Jun 9, 2011
Hi guys,
I own an s4 mini i9190 and recently flashed my rom to CM13, at first i was able to connect to my device to usb and access external as well as internal card, but now i am not able to do so. The notification pop up when i plugin usb is not appearing.

I tried enabling developer options and change usb configuring from charging to MTP but still the pop up as well as MTP is not happening. Can someone please help me.
Note: I am able to charge the device but not MTP

Device: S4 Mini GT i9190
Android Version: 6.0.1
CM Version: cm-13.0-20160418-SNAPSHOT-ZNH0EAO2NK-serrano3gxx

alelace

Dec 5, 2013
Hi, i had installed 12.1 and i tried to go back to stock rom but my phone get blocked on bootload. How can i restore the stock rom?
I did the procedure with odin of course.

T3rm1

Jul 17, 2016
I get the error "Android-Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped working".

I installed latest CM12.1 release (cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K3-serranoltexx.zip) and ARM 5.1 Nano OpenGapps.
For that I wiped System, Cache, Data, Dalvik. Installed CM12.1, wiped dalvik/cache, installed Gapps, wiped dalvik/cache again and rebooted. As soon as I enter my pin I get the error like every 10 seconds.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

EDIT: If I only install CM12.1 and no Gapps and reboot no error occurs. As soon as I install Gapps then, the error shows. Is Gapps broken for CM12.1?

Last edited:

tkontonis

Feb 16, 2014
Athens
I get the error "Android-Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped working".

I installed latest CM12.1 release (cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K3-serranoltexx.zip) and ARM 5.1 Nano OpenGapps.
For that I wiped System, Cache, Data, Dalvik. Installed CM12.1, wiped dalvik/cache, installed Gapps, wiped dalvik/cache again and rebooted. As soon as I enter my pin I get the error like every 10 seconds.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

EDIT: If I only install CM12.1 and no Gapps and reboot no error occurs. As soon as I install Gapps then, the error shows. Is Gapps broken for CM12.1?
I had the same problem. I tried the pico version of the open gapps and it works fine.

Reactions: DJ_Uro_UE

Oregszun

Mar 3, 2015
Hello All,
I have just bought an S4 Mini, model I9195I, and cannot flash latest CM 12.1 (13) on it, because TWRP sasys my device is serrranoVltexx (which is not listed in the ROM). I have already googled for vltexx, but was no result.

Do you have any idea?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Found that. Its a Mini Plus, no CM for that :(

Hello All,
I have just bought an S4 Mini, model I9195I, and cannot flash latest CM 12.1 (13) on it, because TWRP sasys my device is serrranoVltexx (which is not listed in the ROM). I have already googled for vltexx, but was no result.

Do you have any idea?

meddo13

May 24, 2012
dead download link

Can someone pls send me or post here download link for last official build from this thread. thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    N/A
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

CM-12.1 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-12.1 and gapps-lp zips and put in /sdcard

Before you install CM-12.1: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
      GT-I9190: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2398143
      GT-I9195: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2364980
      • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-12.1. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-12*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-12.1 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM-12.1 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-12.1 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
    Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    CM13 nightlies will come once they've fixed telephony for legacy devices. No idea when.
    @arco68, i requested newer source code (I9195XXUCOE4, from May) from samsung open source center. You can find it here: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=i9195
    Thanks. I've merged the tiny amount of changes they did. :)
    I would never desert cm based custom roms for s4-mini, but the question is: would official version of lollipop benefit developers of custom roms in any way?
    Yes, because we would have access to new kernel and drivers. As a developer, that's my reason for wanting official lollipop.