• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-I9190/I9195][Official][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for S4 Mini 3G/LTE

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
N/A
Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

CM-13.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-13.0 and gapps zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
Before you install CM-13.0: Preparation (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
  1. Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
  2. Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Boot into recovery.
  2. Wipe data and cache.
  3. Flash cm-13*.zip.
  4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-13.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
  5. Reboot phone.
  6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
  7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
    • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades
Upgrades from previous versions of CM-13.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-13.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
Q: How the heck do I get root?
A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Q: How to get compass working?
A: Shake the phone around in the air a few times.

Other Issues?
Use this for obtaining logs.
For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

jefke2

May 22, 2007
Thanks Arco for keeping this device updated, much appreciated ! Installed it this morning (clean flash), and no reboots until now, seems rock solid. Great work for a first release !

LaShto34

Aug 25, 2012
Arco, you're a king. There are other versions of cm13 for our devices, but your releases were always most stable and not personalized at all (info in about phone is just CM12.1 or 13 not other name and so on...)
Happy hollidays and a great new year.

KyeWalker

Jun 7, 2014
Kent
TWRP REBBOTS

So it appears I'm the first to experience problems. Basicly I can not install today's CM-13 release on my phone. I can however install any other cm-12.1 ROM. I'm using the latest TWRP available, each time I install CM-13 version my recovery simply reboots as soon as I hit install. I have done the necessary wipes to upgrade to CM13. I can not even install CyanogenMod own recovery and I haven't attempted trying CWM I'll wait for responses.

Anyone got any ideas, thanks in advance ☺

Reactions: gfogger

KyeWalker

Jun 7, 2014
Kent
did you try to install cm recovery with odin? you can also try to abilitate update recovery in developer option and then install any cm 12.1 rom
Haven't tried through Odin, if I'm honest I'm waiting to see if other people are experiencing issues on TWRP before I change recovery, I have installed a new cm12.1 and ticked the box to update but still no luck, I will try through Odin tomorrow after second release of cm13. Thanks dude ?

Reactions: gfogger

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge
I've flashed cm13 this afternoon. Coming from CM12.1:
First of all a backup of my latest good ROM, then full wipe and wipe of internal storage.
I'm on twrp 2.8.7.0. Then I flashed the ROM and the nano gapps.
Everything is OK.
I've added a lot of apps.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5110 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: davidmlondon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    N/A
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

CM-13.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-13.0 and gapps zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
    Before you install CM-13.0: Preparation (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    1. Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
    2. Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-13*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-13.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM-13.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-13.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
    Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Q: How to get compass working?
    A: Shake the phone around in the air a few times.

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Will be available for download in a day or so.
    For the adventurous and curious ones, here's a first test build of CM14. Completely unsupported, and although you probably can use it as a DD, it's a little rough around the edges and misses a lot of CM13 functionality.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS OVER AN EXISTING CM13 INSTALL! ONLY DO FRESH INSTALL!
    BACKUP YOUR OLD ROM SO YOU CAN GO BACK IF NEEDED!
    AND DO NOT COMPLAIN IF IT EATS YOUR CAT!

The only hardware I'm aware of that's not working right now, is video recording. Regarding what Gapps to use, I have no idea, so you have to figure that out yourself.

Download for GT-I9195 (serranoltexx)
    cm-14.0-20160909-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip
    Here's new CM14 test builds. These are a little bit more complete, but there's still features missing, and some glitches here and there. Video recording still broken.

GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serrano3gxx.zip
    GT-I9195 (serranoltexx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip

Enjoy!
    In other news, in latest nightlies Gello is the new browser. I've also implemented the option of enabling the nav-bar, and correctly disable the capacitive buttons while it's enabled. Also, I think the issue with multi-touch loosing touches should be fixed now.