[ROM][GT-I9190/I9195][Official][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for S4 Mini 3G/LTE

Search This thread

ghines

Oct 20, 2009
Sydney
Hi all,

Reading the installation instructions for Lineage 14.1 it says:-

Code:
First flash the Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Mini ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.

Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.

This reads like there are two GApps to install. Is this correct?

TIA

Greg

ionutll

Oct 22, 2014
Really! Did you flash Gapps also? Is it still working properly? It didn't work on builds from a few months ago .....
I did it also and it worked fine (I didn't actually mean to do it, I thought it was a regular nightly update and I didn't bother to read what it said ?). I had to uninstall all the Gapps and flash the proper ones and now everything is OK.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronRoo

Handzoff

May 5, 2017
Deventer
Will LineageOS 13 updates continue?

Now that Lineage 14.1 is available, will Lineage 13.0 for our GT-I9195 continue to be updated? I've tried 14.1 and several of my apps force-closed (probably something to do with permissions). Also I experienced worse battery life on 14.1. I'm now back on 13.0 which has been very stable for me. I haven't experienced a single FC on 13.0 yet.

TIA, Handz

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195
Recovery: TWRP 3.1.0.0
Operating System: LineageOS 13
Android Version: 6.0.1
Baseband Version: I9195XXUCPA1

xdmusicbx

Oct 21, 2016
Now that Lineage 14.1 is available, will Lineage 13.0 for our GT-I9195 continue to be updated? I've tried 14.1 and several of my apps force-closed (probably something to do with permissions). Also I experienced worse battery life on 14.1. I'm now back on 13.0 which has been very stable for me. I haven't experienced a single FC on 13.0 yet.

TIA, Handz

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195
Recovery: TWRP 3.1.0.0
Operating System: LineageOS 13
Android Version: 6.0.1
Baseband Version: I9195XXUCPA1

That's weird. FCs were only happening in the early days of the ROM for me. Did you dirty flash or clean flash?

Handzoff

May 5, 2017
Deventer
That's weird. FCs were only happening in the early days of the ROM for me. Did you dirty flash or clean flash?

Maybe I should have been more specific. Several of my apps FC'd, not the ROM. I did a clean flash, by the book, as suggested in these forums. And I used OpenGapps micro.
I tried rebooting several times. Reflashed the OpenGapps micro. Cleared cache and Dalvik cache, etc.
But will the updates for LOS13 stop?

Thanks for thinking along...

xdmusicbx

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe I should have been more specific. Several of my apps FC'd, not the ROM. I did a clean flash, by the book, as suggested in these forums. And I used OpenGapps micro.
I tried rebooting several times. Reflashed the OpenGapps micro. Cleared cache and Dalvik cache, etc.

Yeah I meant app FCs too.

Anyway, I don't think LOS 13 will get official updates now but someone can build unofficial versions.

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014

Agree. No I don't think LOS13 will be updated officially, no device on LOS website has both that I could see. Are you sure you flashed updated 7.1 gapps ? Or old app data used? Also there is new Gapps if you only tried with one 7.1 package so far, maybe that will fix

Last edited:

Paspie

Dec 27, 2012
On my device, with the latest release, the toggle for Wi-Fi in the notification shade is non-functioning, the wireless hardware remains active (the battery stats indicate this) and it's screwing up the power consumption when the device is in idle.

I'd like to avoid the 14.1 builds for now as they are still in their infancy, so is there a solution on the 13.0 path?

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Can someone please post the link for the stable release of CyanogenMod 13 for the Galaxy s4 mini?
Thanks

Paspie

Dec 27, 2012
I retract my prior comment, a reboot seems to have sorted the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    N/A
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

CM-13.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-13.0 and gapps zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
    Before you install CM-13.0: Preparation (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    1. Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
    2. Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-13*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-13.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM-13.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-13.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
    Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Q: How to get compass working?
    A: Shake the phone around in the air a few times.

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Will be available for download in a day or so.
    For the adventurous and curious ones, here's a first test build of CM14. Completely unsupported, and although you probably can use it as a DD, it's a little rough around the edges and misses a lot of CM13 functionality.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS OVER AN EXISTING CM13 INSTALL! ONLY DO FRESH INSTALL!
    BACKUP YOUR OLD ROM SO YOU CAN GO BACK IF NEEDED!
    AND DO NOT COMPLAIN IF IT EATS YOUR CAT!

The only hardware I'm aware of that's not working right now, is video recording. Regarding what Gapps to use, I have no idea, so you have to figure that out yourself.

Download for GT-I9195 (serranoltexx)
    cm-14.0-20160909-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip
    Here's new CM14 test builds. These are a little bit more complete, but there's still features missing, and some glitches here and there. Video recording still broken.

GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serrano3gxx.zip
    GT-I9195 (serranoltexx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip

Enjoy!
    In other news, in latest nightlies Gello is the new browser. I've also implemented the option of enabling the nav-bar, and correctly disable the capacitive buttons while it's enabled. Also, I think the issue with multi-touch loosing touches should be fixed now.