[ROM][GT-I9190/I9195][Official][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for S4 Mini 3G/LTE

Search This thread

dillerdaller

Nov 5, 2013
S4 Mini Plus (i9195i) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-mini/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-1-t3522169
- why it is possible to fit Android 6 into the very much older i9195, when nobody has been able (?) to create a single update to get rid of the factory version of Android 4.4.4 on the newer (and better equipped, I think?) version "i9195i" (aka Samsung S4 Mini "Plus")
Samsung is also blatantly ignoring the device.

Is it too hard, or have Samsung not sold enough of the gizmo for anyone to bother digging into it?

HelioDS07

Mar 31, 2015
Magisk Works??? How is Battery life? And Xposed Works right??
And I Am On LineageOS 14.1 (7.1.2) i get a problem. My Wifi turns off auto and also sometimes it stuck in obtaining ip address anyone in this ROM has this Problem?

I am on CM13 (20160816-SNAPSHOT) I have also the problem that WIFI gets stuck obtaining ip address.
My workaround is to disable and enable WIFI 2-3 times.

Reactions: qounik

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Why it always says "Over Quota"? :(

I believe he's talking about the links on the first post, the dowload site give the "over quota" error message.
If there's a mirror link for the 9195 btw... :p

Oh yes, :silly: me
the last update for all Cyanogenmod rom can be downloaded from here (as posted before) search for "serrano"

https://archive.org/download/cmarchive_snapshots/

(Search terms; Old ROM download link download mirror zip archive last build firmware)

Last edited:

Yanedo

Jul 14, 2017
Oh yes, :silly: me
the last update for all Cyanogenmod rom can be downloaded from here (as posted before) search for "serrano"

(download link download mirror zip archive)

I found that site earlier but I was kinda scared to download to wrong one :D

Which is kinda dumb since there's only one serranolte, got the "cm-13.0-20161221-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3Y6-serranoltexx.zip", will be installing tonight.

Thanks !

IronRoo

Aug 4, 2014
Is the 13 working better than latest LOS?

A bit subjective, but I would say yes, just by a small amount. But you may use it differently and notice differences I haven't. However I'm happy to use the new LOS14 as it has some new features & up to date security patches. LOS14 alarm & gps bug look to be solved so the only thing that I miss from CM13 is the profiles tile, as currently you have to go into settings to switch to some profiles that do not activate automatically from bluetooth, wifi triggers etc
Edit: November, profiles tab is now working in LOS14, so now Los14 is a winner for me!

Last edited:

mario24601

Oct 1, 2008
A bit subjective, but I would say yes, just by a small amount. But you may use it differently and notice differences I haven't. However I'm happy to use the new LOS14 as it has some new features & up to date security patches. LOS14 alarm & gps bug look to be solved so the only thing that I miss from CM13 is the profiles tile, as currently you have to go into settings to switch to some profiles that do not activate automatically from bluetooth, wifi triggers etc
Thanks. LOS 14 seems to be working fine just wanted to see if worth trying 13 to get Lil more speed out of our aging devices :)

I must say, I am really enjoying the size of s4 mini. Sure not the sharpest display but form factor makes up for it. I wish we would get a new modern phone with same dimensions and replaceable battery.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

pudding_90

Aug 23, 2012
Thanks. LOS 14 seems to be working fine just wanted to see if worth trying 13 to get Lil more speed out of our aging devices :)

I must say, I am really enjoying the size of s4 mini. Sure not the sharpest display but form factor makes up for it. I wish we would get a new modern phone with same dimensions and replaceable battery.

Did you try both? i still have to decide if 13 or 14 for a nearly bugfree/stable version.
not my own phone, so not able to flash updates every week :(

Saenhexerkes

Sep 9, 2017
I have installed Cyanogenmod 13.0 once and it worked like a charm, I wake up one morning it got stuck on the log so I decided to go back to Samsung official because when I tried to re-install it, it failed. I then started seeing the e: unable to mount/efs I tried everything to fix it. The phone works well when using samsung official rom 4.4.2 but it worked way better when I was using cyanogenmod can any please help me.

Reactions: Alnazeef

ZZCheetahZZ

Jan 22, 2016
Haifa
Is the 13 working better than latest LOS?

Can't say for sure, but i can say that i have problems with the following:
Bluetooth disconnects in the car.
Screen starts to shake and press on stuff by itself.
On call , When changing to speaker and then back, other side doesn't hear me.
Occasional system restarts if didn't manually restart every day.
Icon for cell reception appears "empty" as if no reception sometimes.
Charges very quickly to 100% but after restart it shows 30-40% of charge.. Maybe due to old battery..
No "low battery" beep right before shutdown.

This is just what i remember that i have daily on my phone.

fassal

Dec 1, 2017
has anyone working links for this ROM (CM13). I would like to test both this one and LOS14.1. I need a very stable version. What bugs do both versions still have (has everyone the ones just listed above?)? Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    N/A
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

CM-13.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-13.0 and gapps zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
    Before you install CM-13.0: Preparation (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    1. Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
    2. Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Boot into recovery.
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-13*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-13.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM-13.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-13.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ
    Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Q: How to get compass working?
    A: Shake the phone around in the air a few times.

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Will be available for download in a day or so.
    For the adventurous and curious ones, here's a first test build of CM14. Completely unsupported, and although you probably can use it as a DD, it's a little rough around the edges and misses a lot of CM13 functionality.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS OVER AN EXISTING CM13 INSTALL! ONLY DO FRESH INSTALL!
    BACKUP YOUR OLD ROM SO YOU CAN GO BACK IF NEEDED!
    AND DO NOT COMPLAIN IF IT EATS YOUR CAT!

The only hardware I'm aware of that's not working right now, is video recording. Regarding what Gapps to use, I have no idea, so you have to figure that out yourself.

Download for GT-I9195 (serranoltexx)
    cm-14.0-20160909-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip
    Here's new CM14 test builds. These are a little bit more complete, but there's still features missing, and some glitches here and there. Video recording still broken.

GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serrano3gxx.zip
    GT-I9195 (serranoltexx): cm-14.0-20160917-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip

Enjoy!
    In other news, in latest nightlies Gello is the new browser. I've also implemented the option of enabling the nav-bar, and correctly disable the capacitive buttons while it's enabled. Also, I think the issue with multi-touch loosing touches should be fixed now.