• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-I9195][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for S4 Mini LTE (EOL)

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558702
Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Screenshots:

View attachment 2439442 View attachment 2439443 View attachment 2439444

CM-11.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-11.0 and gapps-jb zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
    • gapps version 20140606
      MD5SUM: d840e20fba6f0e2b85d1aebe493a88fa

Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
Before you install CM-11.0: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
  2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
  3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
  4. Boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
    • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-11.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
  2. Wipe data and cache.
  3. Flash cm-11*.zip.
  4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM11.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
  5. Reboot phone.
  6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
  7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
    • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Upgrades
Upgrades from previous versions of CM11.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM11.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

Other Issues?
Use this for obtaining logs.
For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

IcoTeo

Feb 5, 2008
Tankers you Arco68.
Just wonder to know if is better to install it over a 10.2 stable, as the wiki said, or directly from scratch as you wrote here.
In my case I have followed the wiki before you created the thread, everything seems to work fine except the fact that I lost 3GB and the compass. I had some trouble with the exchange account and the whatsapp verification, that's all...

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
Tankers you Arco68.
Just wonder to know if is better to install it over a 10.2 stable, as the wiki said, or directly from scratch as you wrote here.
In my case I have followed the wiki before you created the thread, everything seems to work fine except the fact that I lost 3GB and the compass. I had some trouble with the exchange account and the whatsapp verification, that's all...

I would full wipe.
CM10 -> CM11 is a major file system change. Better to be safe than sorry? There's plenty of tools to make the process more seamless.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: doncrut

toeterbaas

Oct 24, 2012
Many thanks for supporting the mini it is a good phone !

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Many thanks for supporting the s4 mini alco

No problems with the camera with flash on ?

x10isrooted

Jun 23, 2010
im really impressed by this "nightly" no bug found, yet. everything is ok.

maybe the performance could be bit better in terms of fluency. bit its really minor worse compared to 4.3 with carbon rom.

herrfisk

Mar 18, 2011
Stockholm
Used it for a while now and so far nothing has bugged out. For camera I have always used a playstore one anyways. Perfect!!! So happy we already have 4.4 fully functional ☺

Last edited:

muhschaf

Dec 23, 2009
Hamburg
Hi, little Problem here: after install the cm 11.0 he ask me for a screen unlock code but my normal unlockcode dosnt work anymore. What happend?

Looks like the cm rom has a unlock code build in. What kind of Joke is that?

/Phone is a i9195

Last edited:

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Thanks man :good:

Please accept little donation on my behalf ;)

your donation is now complete. Payment by PayPal

Confirmation number: 0AE35421SD7623252

Reactions: arco68

BushTechy

Oct 24, 2013
Hi, little Problem here: after install the cm 11.0 he ask me for a screen unlock code but my normal unlockcode dosnt work anymore. What happend?

Looks like the cm rom has a unlock code build in. What kind of Joke is that?

/Phone is a i9195

Wipe bro, clean install will sort you out, as mentioned this a major change in cm, don't expect a smooth transition, if you don't install fresh

Sent from my GT-I9190 using xda app-developers app

muhschaf

Dec 23, 2009
Hamburg
Okay. The Point was, i wipe my Phone normaly every Time i flash it. This time i have to wipe it 4 (!) time and reflash ist with the cm rom. But now it works.

jemeljsh

Jul 20, 2012
Riga
After few days with CM 11 nightly I am really liking the performance + battery life is even better than it was with CM 10.2. @Sleep battery drains 0,2% per hour vs 0,4% per hour I had with CM 10.2, which was already great result.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558702
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Screenshots:

View attachment 2439442 View attachment 2439443 View attachment 2439444

CM-11.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-11.0 and gapps-jb zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
      • gapps version 20140606
        MD5SUM: d840e20fba6f0e2b85d1aebe493a88fa

Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
    Before you install CM-11.0: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
      • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-11.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-11*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM11.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM11.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM11.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    The latest build finished without errors this night. Installed it to my device, boots up ok and the Stagefright Detector does not complain anything.

In addition to the CVE's tested by the Detector App, the following bugs should be resolved:
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in libFLAC CVE-2014-9082
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Skia CVE-2015-3877
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities in Sonivox CVE-2015-3874
    • Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability in KeyStore CVE-2015-3863
    • Patches for reading ID3 Tags CVE-2015-6603
    • Various other fixes, dont know the corresponding CVEs

Download 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347836551
    Download 2 (mirror): http://www.imagenetz.de/faf551523/cm-11-20151011-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip.html
    md5sum: 101113572bb9ab557d7a38267a1bd487
    sha1sum: 8a5c1b2a976c4bcd6b6fdcfb1010517eb8b8977d

:bien:
    friend please do not forget 3g model. Thanks for your time.
    I'm currently building from the same source tree for the serrano3gxx, build is in process.
    I'll add d/l links here as soon as its finished.

Edit: The build for serrano3gxx has finished!
    Download 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347836530
    Download 2 (mirror): todo
    md5sum: da68022667cf6ec9355566fb1d39fc77
    sha1sum: a8bd7961fe61f124f9a904e2785eb8c362f4a7f7
    Note: Even if the name is different (cm-11-20151011-UNOFFICIAL vs. cm-11-20151012-UNOFFICIAL), the sources are the same.
    The 3g build is absolutely untested, but should work. Please give me some feedback if everything is fine, I would add it here as an information for others.

greetings
    Didier
    Link me to the patch, and I'll take a look.
    But someone can share a "rescue" link for to download ,please ? i want to instal this last CM11 too ......and CMdownload is down since some days ... :crying:

I uploaded the last CM11 nightly for serranoltexx (cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx.zip): LINK
    Gapps package in first post updated.