[ROM][GT-I9195][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for S4 Mini LTE (EOL)

Search This thread

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Is anyone who is using Didierks new Stage Fright v2 build suffering any problems with their calls? I'm now getting the same issue as I had with Lollipop CM builds where I lose microphone and ear speaker when receiving or making a call. Afterwards things that use the microphone like Google search won't function. And if I keep trying the dialer eventually it will crash. After a reboot or even pulling the battery things were still broken. I had to go back to stock where everything works again because I need my phone. Going to try again, but didn't suffer this with earlier builds of CM11 which makes me wonder if any other commits apart from security fixes were put in there to cause this?

didierk

Apr 4, 2014
Hi
Going to try again, but didn't suffer this with earlier builds of CM11 which makes me wonder if any other commits apart from security fixes were put in there to cause this?
I never noticed any of these problems since the upgrade or before. Are there others with similar problems?

The following patches are complete or partial applied:
ABuffer: reset members when memory allocation fails. media/libstagefright/foundation/Abuffer.cpp
Add AUtils::isInRange, and use it to detect malformed MPEG4 nal sizes "media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
media/stagefright/foundation/Autils.h"
Check buffer size before using it media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
Check integer overflow to prevent memory corruption media/libstagefright/DRMExtractor.cpp
Check RTSP payload length media/libstagefright/rtsp/AMPEG4AudioAssembler.cpp
Check vector size before accessing media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
DO NOT MERGE - SoftwareRenderer: sanity check buffer size before copying data. media/libstagefright/colorconversion/SoftwareRenderer.cpp
DO NOT MERGE Part of fix for libmedia OOB write anywhere media/libmedia/Icrypto.cpp
Extra sanity checks on sample size and resolution media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
Fix comparison sign warnings. media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
Fix crash on malformed id3 media/libstagefright/SampleTable.cpp
Fix for memory corruption in ID3::removeUnsynchronizationV2_4(). Bug: 23227354 media/libstagefright/id3/ID3.cpp
Fix Ogg album art media/libstagefright/OggExtractor.cpp
Guard against codecinfo overflow "media/libstagefright/MetaData.cpp
media/libstagefright/matroska/MatroskaExtractor.cpp"
libstagefright: check memory size for overflow before allocation. "media/libstagefright/codecs/m4v_h263/dec/src/pvdec_api.cpp
media/libstagefright/codecs/m4v_h263/enc/src/mp4enc_api.cpp"
libstagefright: check overflow before memory allocation in OMXCodec.cpp media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp
libstagefright: check remaining data size before parsing it. media/libstagefright/id3/ID3.cpp
libstagefright: Fix crash in convertMetaDataToMessage media/libstagefright/Utils.cpp
libstagefright: fix handling of mSampleTimeEntries and mNumSampleSizes in SampleTable.
libstagefright: fix overflow in MPEG4Source::parseSampleAuxiliaryInformationOffsets.
libstagefright: fix overflow in pvdec_api.cpp. media/libstagefright/codecs/m4v_h263/dec/src/pvdec_api.cpp
libstagefright: fix possible overflow in amrwbenc. media/libstagefright/codecs/amrwbenc/src/util.c
libstagefright: fix possible overflow in ID3. media/libstagefright/id3/ID3.cpp
MatroskaExtractor: detect infinite loop when parsing NALs media/libstagefright/matroska/MatroskaExtractor.cpp
MPEG4Source::fragmentedRead: check range before writing into buffers
MPEG4Source::fragmentedRead: check range before writing into buffers media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
Prevent integer issues in ID3::Iterator::findFrame
Prevent integer overflow when processing covr MPEG4 atoms media/libstagefright/MPEG4Extractor.cpp
SampleTable: fix integer overflow checks.
Sanity check padding/delay values for gapless playback media/libstagefright/SkipCutBuffer.cpp
SoftAVCEnc: check requested memory size before allocation. media/libstagefright/codecs/avc/enc/SoftAVCEncoder.cpp
libutils: fix overflow in String8::allocFromUTF8 libutils/String8.cpp
Fix compile failure after rIfe1dc0791040150132bea6884f1e6c8d31972d1b libutils/String8.cpp
libutils: fix overflow in SharedBuffer [DO NOT MERGE] libutils/SharedBuffer.cpp
Fail safely to avoid a heap overflow. stream_decoder.c
Fix buffer read overflow. stream_decoder.c
Properly check for Blob max length security/keystore/keystore.cpp
Fix unchecked length in Blob creation security/keystore/keystore.cpp

PS. Is there a possibility to create a table within the forum.

Greetings

Last edited:
Reactions: RuffBuster

savvy1968

Jul 18, 2014
Halifax
I have installed this Rom and had no problems but i did a clean install so that might be the problem for others.
Thanks Didierk its working fine bud.

icero

May 20, 2014
I'm using DIDIERK building upon publication and no problem. Clean install anyway. I had forgotten to thank :)

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
I have installed this Rom and had no problems but i did a clean install so that might be the problem for others.
Thanks Didierk its working fine bud.

I'm using DIDIERK building upon publication and no problem. Clean install anyway. I had forgotten to thank :)

Did you guys ever suffer call problems on Lollipop? I did. I'm now thinking I either have a slightly different hardware revision or faulty hardware. Though stock and older CM11 builds worked without issues, the new CM11 build and EVERY 5.1.1 Lollipop build causes my microphone and earpiece to mute and crash out the dialer eventually.

I'm going to give it one more go tonight with CM11 Didierk build, fingers crossed.

What modems do you guys use?

Cheers.

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
i never had any call problems with any rom ive used.

Was your phone carrier locked? Or factory unlocked version? Do you know where your phone was made?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

I'm back on this ROM again, been making and receiving calls without problem so far. This time I used CWM instead of TWRP. A different set of GAPPS and changed my baseband. Fingers crossed, but I'm happy again. Don't think I'll ever be able to use Lollipop on this phone because of some freaky issue with my phone, so this is as good as it gets till I finally decide on my new device. Saying that it's still a very nice experience.

Reactions: didierk

savvy1968

Jul 18, 2014
Halifax
Yes my phone was locked to Orange
i dont have problems with lp itself i have problems when i use Xposed framework with lp,infact i think its the mod XinternalSD that is the problem together with lp because it will work for awhile ...maybe 2-3 days then ill start getting fc`s on things im not even using for no reason then they get worse until i think im going mad so the only stable Rom i can be sure of is This one..Well the Didierk version now.

Reactions: RuffBuster

didierk

Apr 4, 2014
Hey

do you have patches for cm11??? i will build for i9192 if you have patches:)
Did today a repo Diff (see attachment) That are the changes which are compiled into my nighty from Oct-11.

But there are again new patches to do, see:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-security-updates/GwZn7sixask

I'll see what I can do.

PS. Is anyone familiar with the CyanogenMod / Github and could help me to get the patches into the official cm11 tree?

greetings

Attachments

• cm11-2015_10_11.patch
    53.9 KB · Views: 52

Mascarponi

May 13, 2014
Is anybody else also experiencing forces closes of the google play services the last time ?
Since some weeks i get these messages often ; 'Google play services has stopped', mostly when using GPS function..
Here are some screenshots of the logs;

20151214_110605.jpg

20151214_110550.jpg

I red in this thread that its possible that google is adding extra code to app-updates to make these FC's on custom roms, would this be the case here?
And has anybody a solution to fix it ?

luisbraz

Nov 21, 2013
Faro
I had that problem 2 months ago. In privacy just had to permit everything to Google play services and the fc's were gone.

Reactions: mick711

Mascarponi

May 13, 2014
Thanks. I somehow had forbidden to let the google play services run in the background, undo-ing that solved the problem.

didierk

Apr 4, 2014
Hey!

Finished a new build some days ago, testing it since then and I guess the build works quiet well! :)

cm-11-20160212-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip is available for download here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24415232478677821
MD5: 9c6622d3117be4c49f4c65b5a97406b4

Changes are some recent submitted cm11 fixes, for details see: http://www.cmxlog.com/11/#

And there is an additional patch added to keep the Xposed Framework working, for details see the OmniRom commit:
https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/15695/

If anyone is interested I can upload the patch file as I did it for the last build.

greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9195 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Q/A thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558702
    Please use the above unless you have something development-related to contribute here. Thank you.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Screenshots:

View attachment 2439442 View attachment 2439443 View attachment 2439444

CM-11.0 Install Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S4 Mini is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-11.0 and gapps-jb zips and put in /sdcard

• UPGRADE REQUIRED
      • gapps version 20140606
        MD5SUM: d840e20fba6f0e2b85d1aebe493a88fa

Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.
    Before you install CM-11.0: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Use ClockworkMod Recovery.
      • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-11.0. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
    2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash cm-11*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM11.0 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
    Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM11.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM11.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.
    For nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Credits:
    Epic Touch CM Team for the install instructions
    Everyone that donated beers :)

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    The latest build finished without errors this night. Installed it to my device, boots up ok and the Stagefright Detector does not complain anything.

In addition to the CVE's tested by the Detector App, the following bugs should be resolved:
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in libFLAC CVE-2014-9082
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Skia CVE-2015-3877
    • Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities in Sonivox CVE-2015-3874
    • Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability in KeyStore CVE-2015-3863
    • Patches for reading ID3 Tags CVE-2015-6603
    • Various other fixes, dont know the corresponding CVEs

Download 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347836551
    Download 2 (mirror): http://www.imagenetz.de/faf551523/cm-11-20151011-UNOFFICIAL-serranoltexx.zip.html
    md5sum: 101113572bb9ab557d7a38267a1bd487
    sha1sum: 8a5c1b2a976c4bcd6b6fdcfb1010517eb8b8977d

:bien:
    friend please do not forget 3g model. Thanks for your time.
    I'm currently building from the same source tree for the serrano3gxx, build is in process.
    I'll add d/l links here as soon as its finished.

Edit: The build for serrano3gxx has finished!
    Download 1: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347836530
    Download 2 (mirror): todo
    md5sum: da68022667cf6ec9355566fb1d39fc77
    sha1sum: a8bd7961fe61f124f9a904e2785eb8c362f4a7f7
    Note: Even if the name is different (cm-11-20151011-UNOFFICIAL vs. cm-11-20151012-UNOFFICIAL), the sources are the same.
    The 3g build is absolutely untested, but should work. Please give me some feedback if everything is fine, I would add it here as an information for others.

greetings
    Didier
    Link me to the patch, and I'll take a look.
    But someone can share a "rescue" link for to download ,please ? i want to instal this last CM11 too ......and CMdownload is down since some days ... :crying:

I uploaded the last CM11 nightly for serranoltexx (cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-serranoltexx.zip): LINK
    Gapps package in first post updated.