[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Lineage-OS.jpg

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
Kernel source code Github repo.
Device path for CM Github repo.
Vendor path for CM Github repo.
Downloads

20.11.2017 Lineage OS
Current ROM: Here

Installation
  1. Make a backup!
  2. Install recovery here
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    [*]Install the Current ROM
    [*]Optionally install Gapps
    [*]Boot phone into normal mode

Most of Android/LineageOS is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official LineageOS.

Thanks for support
  • Robert Cosmin Bizon
  • Bajramovic Armin
  • Agesath
  • Gervase Markham
  • MrGoodtunes
  • onnsoft
  • ed38220

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
Danil_e71
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-12

Created 2017-11-21
Last Updated 2018-03-19

Last edited:

DroidKing18

Jun 24, 2015
Johannesburg
Nice work @Danil_e71 :)
Feels pretty smooth. I just flashed it.
Is it just me or does gapps load forever? I had to quit that loading screen?
Anyway, the only bugs I'm noticing are that the stock recorder doesn't seem to to want to record ( but I'm sure a 3rd party recorder will. I've noticed this on other Oreo ROMs too) and obviously the camera and flash not working. Also, the home button does not wake this device (which, again, is not the first time I've seen on Oreo ROMs). But in general, it's great for a first release, thank you [emoji4]

I also have issues pairing my Bluetooth headphones for music. I'm not sure if calls work as I do not keep a sim in this device

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JFK1975

DroidHero2002

Sep 4, 2016
Halifax
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
Downloads

20.11.2017 Lineage OS

Installation
Make a backup!
Install recovery here
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
Install the Current ROM
Optionally install Gapps
Boot phone into normal mode

Most of Android/LineageOS is licensed under the Apache License with other small parts licensed under other open-source licenses. Which means that you may modify and redistribute without asking for permission as long as the proper credits is given and it is not misappropriated as being the official LineageOS.

Thanks for support
Robert Cosmin Bizon
Bajramovic Armin
Agesath
Gervase Markham
MrGoodtunes
onnsoft
ed38220

[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
Danil_e71
Source Code:https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-20

Created 2017-11-21
Last Updated 2017-11-20

Yeeeeeha way to go danil! As for the camera bug, couldn't you just forward the old los 14.1 camera code? Surely that'd work with a few tweaks.

Meluminati

Jan 5, 2017
Vienna
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Downloads

20.11.2017 Lineage OS

Installation
Make a backup!
Install recovery here
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
Install the Current ROM
Optionally install Gapps
Boot phone into normal mode

Thanks for support
Robert Cosmin Bizon
Bajramovic Armin
Agesath
Gervase Markham
MrGoodtunes
onnsoft
ed38220

[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
Danil_e71
Source Code:https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-20

Created 2017-11-21
Last Updated 2017-11-20

Playstore not working. Flashed over Laos14.1 without wipe.

joeandjoe

Sep 12, 2012
Thanks Danil,
I have one problem too, don't know how to uninstall system apps, I installed magisk manager to get root, which works, but under uninstallling apps doesn't do anything, I don't see any errors, but nothing happens.

EDIT: nevermind, the problem is probably with link2sd not remounting system as rw,

Another problem is with change keyboard not working, when keyboard is open there is notification to switch keyboards, but it doesn't do anything.
And you probably noticed, menu button doesn't work in some apps, like chrome, adw launcher.
Anyway great thanks for this rom :)

Last edited:

Danil_e71

Nov 2, 2012
Semenov
Thanks Danil,
I have one problem too, don't know how to uninstall system apps, I installed magisk manager to get root, which works, but under uninstallling apps doesn't do anything, I don't see any errors, but nothing happens.

EDIT: nevermind, the problem is probably with link2sd not remounting system as rw,

Another problem is with change keyboard not working, when keyboard is open there is notification to switch keyboards, but it doesn't do anything.
And you probably noticed, menu button doesn't work in some apps, like chrome, adw launcher.
Anyway great thanks for this port :)
This is not port) This compiled from sources)
p s. Some bugs in LineageOS(because it developing now in official repos)

Reactions: JFK1975

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Lineage-OS.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Downloads

20.11.2017 Lineage OS

Installation
    1. Make a backup!
    2. Install recovery here
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Wipe data (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
      [*]Install the Current ROM
      [*]Optionally install Gapps
      [*]Boot phone into normal mode

Thanks for support
    • Robert Cosmin Bizon
    • Bajramovic Armin
    • Agesath
    • Gervase Markham
    • MrGoodtunes
    • onnsoft
    • ed38220

[ROM][GT-I9195I][UNOFFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    Danil_e71
    Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-12

Created 2017-11-21
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    LineageOS 15.0
    Kernel 3.10.108

not works:
    * camera
    * torch
    ==========
    working:
    * wifi
    * otg
    * audio (open source)
    * FM radio
    * calls
    * network
    * sd card
    * touchkey
    * keylight
    * sensors
    * gps
    * NFC
    ==========
    download

p.s.sorry for the long wait, I fixed some bad errors)
    LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0)
    Not work
    - Not works camera video recording

Work
    +camera photo
    download
    Update 03.06.18
    Now system booting and works ota
    p.s.
    Please wait, now I am started rebuild (fix audio)
    I apologize that I have not written here for a long time, I do not have enough time, but I try making new versions)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone