Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Development stopped with effect from 06/11/2014. Files will remain in my Mediafire account till the end of this month after which I will remove them

JUgXnA6.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

How does it run?

Credits

This ROM would still be a dream without the work of the following people.

• Willie Ye aka Grarak for building the device tree
  • Arne Coucheron aka arco for the help he has been giving me in sorting out issues.
  • @stiggy2012, who helped in debugging early builds
  • The OTA Update Center Team
  • @JustArchi for his ArchiDroid Optimizations. More details here.
Thanks to @thering1975 for the Increase Volume Modification Mod.

Downloads : ( Links are also accessible from my signature )

ROM : Mediafire : here || Mega ( Courtesy @Kid_Ding ) : here
GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze

Changelog

Changelog is accessible here. From build 20140519, changelog is also accessible on the phone from Settings->About Phone->View Changelog

Additional Information

From the 20140914 build , inbuilt call recording feature will be available for regions where it is legal. For countries where it is not legal, it won't show up. As of now, US, Europe and Australia don't have this feature enabled. The earlier method of editing build.prop will not work.

Procedure

If you are coming from a different ROM, data/factory reset is mandatory. If you are flashing over a previous CM build, cache wipe will be sufficient.
You will need to flash the latest recovery ( CWM or TWRP ) mentioned above for a successful flash.
A nandroid backup is recommended prior to flashing CM in case you get into problems.

1. Flash the recovery using Odin
  2. Flash ROM from recovery. Reboot.
  3. Reboot to recovery and flash GApps.
A little more detailed guide is available here.

Mods

If you wanna disable hardware keys and enable navigation, user @shaider_516 has created a flashable zip for it. Details available here.

I have created a universal flashable zip. Details are available here.

Issues
  • No ringtones if headset is plugged in.Fixed. See here. Will not be required for ROMS post 20140721.
  • Offlate, I have noticed users complaining about exfat formatted cards not working. I compile the rom with JustArchi Optimizations and include the fix needed for exfat to work. If it still doesn't work, try flashing this.

Release schedule

Monday : CM
Tuesday : PA/B]
Wednesday : CARBON
Thursday : BEANSTALK
Friday : SLIMKAT
Saturday : PAC when released
Sunday : MOKEE / MIUI when released
First Sunday of the Month : AOKP

Sources

My sources are available here.

Donators : Thanks Guys!!!

You can find the list of donators here. Let me know if I missed someone.

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
LED light still just stays green all the time when connected to a usb port or charging..maybe on the i9200/i9205 it is working correcting..but not on the i527m..but not a big deal as I can disable it at least. :D

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

Reactions: shayneflashindaily

celeronix

Aug 13, 2009
Varna
Congrats, guys :) I'm very happy to see that there is some real development here, although I'm with stock for now. Thank you and thumbs up :)

chayjinn

Sep 11, 2011
Puchong
battery notification light got some problem, before it reaches 90% the LED shows orange, after it reach 90% the LED changed to static GREEN LED light. anyone face this problem ?

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
have some advice about perfomance setings??

I run stock clock speeds with ondemand instead instead of interactive. Start on boot. No undervolting or profiles ...I quit using setcpu and starting using stock performance from cm.

2SHAYNEZ 4.4.2

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

No animations too

2SHAYNEZ 4.4.2

nutpants

Feb 6, 2007
FV-british columbia
LED light still just stays green all the time when connected to a usb port or charging..maybe on the i9200/i9205 it is working correcting..but not on the i527m..but not a big deal as I can disable it at least. :D

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

Can you confirm you have flashed this on the Canadian I527m and it is fir the most part working? I am so sick of tw and this project is one of the few hopes for the Canadian mega

written in your mud with my stick

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
could someone please check MHL and tell me if output works? it probably doesn't but i don't want to waste time loading the recovery and get this setup if it doesn't.

the weird thing is it does work on many samsung devices running CM like the GS3 but most likely it doesn't work.

it will probably freeze up and reboot your phone when you try it, but maybe somehow/someway it will work.

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
I don't get you!!!

Because if i don't, it results in a compile error for the kernel. Check screenshot. And i read somewhere to use the 4.6 toolchain. I don't remember where.

4.7 toolchain error already fixed by me since months

And hauptic feedback is not an issue because AOSP doesn't support it

To enable this feature replace wake dropped with virtual in Generic.kl

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Can you confirm you have flashed this on the Canadian I527m and it is fir the most part working? I am so sick of tw and this project is one of the few hopes for the Canadian mega

written in your mud with my stick
Oh yes i have flash each updated rom and they have all worked, not much left wrong with the rom..camera issues but still works..but will be fixed soon, and the led works but just stays as green when connected and MTP not recognized on the pc but that is being looked at..otherwise it works well this rom..give it a whirl and see how you like it, just make a backup of what you have now and try the new CM rom..i think you will like it...but it forsure works on the i527m canadian mega and the TWRP recovery with the kitkat support works great also. :D

And knives of ice i will check my MHL adapter and see if it works on this phone..will try it in the stock rom first and then in CM rom. ;)

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
4.7 toolchain error already fixed by me since months

And hauptic feedback is not an issue because AOSP doesn't support it

To enable this feature replace wake dropped with virtual in Generic.kl

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Ok. Will try to compile with 4.7 toolchain.

update

No luck. Same error. Reverting to 4.6 for the compile. Let me know if something needs to be done from my side.

Last edited:

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Oh yes i have flash each updated rom and they have all worked, not much left wrong with the rom..camera issues but still works..but will be fixed soon, and the led works but just stays as green when connected and MTP not recognized on the pc but that is being looked at..otherwise it works well this rom..give it a whirl and see how you like it, just make a backup of what you have now and try the new CM rom..i think you will like it...but it forsure works on the i527m canadian mega and the TWRP recovery with the kitkat support works great also. :D

And knives of ice i will check my MHL adapter and see if it works on this phone..will try it in the stock rom first and then in CM rom. ;)

thanks man.

it definitely works on the stock rom because i use it each and every day, works great. the stock rom is pretty awesome once you install xposed framework - so much more customization.

i am just wondering about mhl on CM and yes I am using the exact same phone as you the canadian mega which imported into the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development stopped with effect from 06/11/2014. Files will remain in my Mediafire account till the end of this month after which I will remove them

JUgXnA6.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

How does it run?

Credits

This ROM would still be a dream without the work of the following people.

• Willie Ye aka Grarak for building the device tree
    • Arne Coucheron aka arco for the help he has been giving me in sorting out issues.
    • @stiggy2012, who helped in debugging early builds
    • The OTA Update Center Team
    • @JustArchi for his ArchiDroid Optimizations. More details here.
    Thanks to @thering1975 for the Increase Volume Modification Mod.

Downloads : ( Links are also accessible from my signature )

ROM : Mediafire : here || Mega ( Courtesy @Kid_Ding ) : here
    GApps : BaNkS / CM11 / Slimkat / TKruzze

Changelog

Changelog is accessible here. From build 20140519, changelog is also accessible on the phone from Settings->About Phone->View Changelog

Additional Information

From the 20140914 build , inbuilt call recording feature will be available for regions where it is legal. For countries where it is not legal, it won't show up. As of now, US, Europe and Australia don't have this feature enabled. The earlier method of editing build.prop will not work.

Procedure

If you are coming from a different ROM, data/factory reset is mandatory. If you are flashing over a previous CM build, cache wipe will be sufficient.
    You will need to flash the latest recovery ( CWM or TWRP ) mentioned above for a successful flash.
    A nandroid backup is recommended prior to flashing CM in case you get into problems.

1. Flash the recovery using Odin
    2. Flash ROM from recovery. Reboot.
    3. Reboot to recovery and flash GApps.
    A little more detailed guide is available here.

Mods

If you wanna disable hardware keys and enable navigation, user @shaider_516 has created a flashable zip for it. Details available here.

I have created a universal flashable zip. Details are available here.

Issues
    • No ringtones if headset is plugged in.Fixed. See here. Will not be required for ROMS post 20140721.
    • Offlate, I have noticed users complaining about exfat formatted cards not working. I compile the rom with JustArchi Optimizations and include the fix needed for exfat to work. If it still doesn't work, try flashing this.

Release schedule

Monday : CM
    Tuesday : PA/B]
    Wednesday : CARBON
    Thursday : BEANSTALK
    Friday : SLIMKAT
    Saturday : PAC when released
    Sunday : MOKEE / MIUI when released
    First Sunday of the Month : AOKP

Sources

My sources are available here.

Donators : Thanks Guys!!!

You can find the list of donators here. Let me know if I missed someone.
    Weekly update

File: cm-11-20141102-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx.zip
    MD5 hash: 138f75263dd1a2146a7413ccffb26afc

Compass & GPS issues seem to be fixed, thanks to @zpr06.
    It would be great if someone could provide a full installation guide including the recovery, I am having some problems with that...
    Thanks in advanced

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Its a fairly simple process. You need Odin ( preferably 3.04 ) to flash the recovery. Download the preferred recovery and ROM zip file. Download GApps.

These directions are for flashing CM from stock ROM.

1. Copy the CM ROM zip file and gapps to your internal or external sdcard.
    2. Reboot to bootloader mode. It is achieved by pressing volume down + power button. Or if you have the android SDK installed, you can also type "adb reboot bootloader" without the quotes in a terminal. It will take you to the bootloader mode. Make sure USB debugging is activated on your phone and your phone is connected to PC. You will also get a popup on your phone. Tick the check box and accept it.
    3. Open Odin and place your recovery.tar / recovery.tar.md5 file under PDA and flash. Keep the phone in your hand before you click flash because the phone will reboot as soon as the flash is over. When you feel the phone vibrate after rebooting, press and hold the volume up button. It will take you to the recovery you installed. You can also untick "auto reboot" in Odin and manually reboot to recovery after the flash. But make sure you reboot to recovery first after the flash.
    4. Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik-cache. Flash the CM ROM.
    5. Reboot to desktop.
    6. Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps.

Done. Njoy the awesomeness of CM11.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
    Weekly update

File: cm-11-20140804-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx.zip
    MD5 hash: 1fe552d34d887c13428422a1b55d5bd7

Screenshots are here.
    New build uploaded.

Fixes include MTP and haptic feedback( courtesy Grarak ).

Haptic feedback is a bit strong for me. Can be disabled using Settings->Sound->Vibrate on touch