[ROM][GT-I9295][UnOfficial][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 for S4 Active

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    Replaced with official builds.

Go here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/unified-development/official-lineageos-16-0-t3954912

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

LineageOS 16.0 Install Guide

Note: LineageOS for Galaxy S4 Active is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download LineageOS and gapps zips and put in /sdcard

Latest build: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxgfl6b9z545ql2/lineage-16.0-20190723-UNOFFICIAL-jactivelte.zip/file

Builds Archive

Google Apps (MindTheGapps is recommended. Pick ARM, not ARM64)

Before you install LineageOS: Preparation
    (Optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    Install Easy Backup & Restore from Market, run it and backup your stuff.
    Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    I suggest using this TWRP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/18vo85kssa8caqq/twrp-3.2.3-0-jactivelte.img.tar.md5/file

WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

Boot into recovery.
    Wipe data and cache.
    Flash lineage-16*.zip.
    Flash gapps*.zip.
    Reboot phone.
    After you setup your Google account, reinstall Easy Backup & Restore from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.

Warning:
    Do not restore backup data of system apps!

If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.

Upgrades

Upgrades from previous builds of LineageOS 16.0 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between LineageOS 16.0 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links
    :

Source repos:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_jactivelte
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_jf-common
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_jf
    https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/tree/lineage-16.0/jactivelte
    https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/tree/lineage-16.0/jf-common

FAQ

Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.

Other Issues?

Use this for obtaining logs.

Last edited:

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    This ROM should be fully working, as in there's currently no known broken things.

Screenshot_20190714-083033_Trebuchet.jpg Screenshot_20190714-083409_Trebuchet.jpg Screenshot_20190714-083117_Settings.png Screenshot_20190714-083133_Settings.png Screenshot_20190714-083152_Settings.png

Last edited:

Jim__boy

Jun 5, 2019
    as of now i noticed that the device's temperature rose, could be my problem, also wifi doesn't work on first boot, with a little shutdown, it worked on the second boot

also for some reason, Error 31 appears when i message my tablet, dialer code *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work either.

arco68

Recognized Developer
  • Oct 11, 2010
    as of now i noticed that the device's temperature rose, could be my problem, also wifi doesn't work on first boot, with a little shutdown, it worked on the second boot

also for some reason, Error 31 appears when i message my tablet, dialer code *#*#4636#*#* doesn't work either.
    No problems with wifi on first boot here. Also dialer code works fine here.

May I ask what gapps you used? If you used OpenGapps, I don't recommend any other packages than pico or nano. OpenGapps are known for replacing critical system files in Lineage with their own, thus causing all sorts of issues. That's why I stick with MindTheGapps personally.

Jim__boy

Jun 5, 2019
    No problems with wifi on first boot here. Also dialer code works fine here.

May I ask what gapps you used? If you used OpenGapps, I don't recommend any other packages than pico or nano. OpenGapps are known for replacing critical system files in Lineage with their own, thus causing all sorts of issues. That's why I stick with MindTheGapps personally.

I used pico gapps, wifi and sim problem aside, everything is working fine on the phone.

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
    I've installed it today without gapps - everything is working fine, but sometimes I encount freezes of systemUI, and if I try to mod anything in system folder or to clear the system with SDMaid then sometime Wi-Fi (sometimes Bluetooth or mobile internet) do not launch. This bugs fixes with the phone reboot.
    Also "Led notifications" for apps (even stok one, such as messaging or missed phones) do not work, but work for battery.

But, however, thanks a lot for this android!

I wonder what is SisUI in the quick settings, can anyone explain it?

PS: sorry for my English a lot.

Last edited:

dziubson

Jul 27, 2013
    @arco68
    Could you test:
    1. Audio Mod from @wilsonhlacerda that improves speaker and mic,more info:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79522919&postcount=798
    And maybe you can even use it to replace default file ()when building new releases? (example: mixer_paths-LOS2019-IncreaseDualSpk_IncreaseBothMic_Fix-byWilsonhlacerda.xml)

2. whether there is a bug with bluetooth (when you turn it on you call log will be cleared) observed in earlier versions of LineageOS sources (14.1)

thanks in advance

Reactions: wilsonhlacerda
    Hi @arco68 thanks for this new updated LOS for our devices!

Good to see you building it! I already know your good work to S4 Mini (my girlfriend's backup device; thanks!) and thus I also know how good you can contribute to S4 Active community.

I myself have an S4 Active I9295 as my daily device (currently with LOS14.1, thanks to @_JaSoN_ and @tsvetkov_vlad and old developers of it) and sure I'll try your LOS16 now!

By the way, my girlfriend main device is also an I9295 but unfortunately last week it started to fail SIM phone calls audio (I did some tests and it seems the audio hardware is dead....thru bluetooth audio works fine). Then she is currently using the I9192 with your LOS16 for SIM calls.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

I've just seen that you suggest to use your own (really yours?) TWRP v3.2.3 on OP. Why it and not the official TWRP v3.3.1? Or even the official v3.2.3?

Have you detected any problems with v3.3.x? Or with official TWRP in general?

Reactions: arco68

Jim__boy

Jun 5, 2019
    Hi, just re-flashed this rom cause of SMS not working and unfortunately something happened weird.
    Reddit, Twitter and other apps including XDA Labs doesn't let me sign in and doesn't sync i think? Both twitter and reddit works on my TB3-850M while my I9295 doesn't, i did a restore of my stock rom and both apps let me in and refresh the feed.On my first install of this ROM everything works fine except for SMS, i've been doing re-flashes and wipes all over again however the problem doesn't persist, I hope someone helps me on this matter.

Top Liked Posts