[ROM][GT-i9305][4.4.4] OMNI ROM [Official]

Search This thread

MrGubby

Sep 13, 2007
I'm getting a Bluetooth share failure when I try to pair with my car head unit, it works OK with CM11 & Samsung ROMS so must it looks like an OmniROM bug :(

Sepp-Wurzel

Sep 20, 2012
which nightly? I want to update for a longer period now. So if bluetooth does not work, this is no option for me

MrGubby

Sep 13, 2007
It pairs ok with the car head unit, makes / answers calls and plays music but whenever it tries to copy contacts / call logs etc it gives the Bluetooth Share error.

Not a show stopper, just a pain in the **** :)

(It needs to copy contacts etc to show who is calling on the car display)

mcampbellsmith

Jul 1, 2010
Maintainers!

As posted in the CM thread ....

Hi Guys,

As many of you have noted, I've been absent for ages. Sorry about that!

I thought I should let you know that I'll be upgrading my device and so my i9305 will be left in a drawer from now on. I will not be developing any future ROMS for this device.

It has been fun and I hope you have enjoyed it. I really hope someone is able to step up and take over maintenance of the i9305 and bring some Lollipop love to you all!

Sepp-Wurzel

Sep 20, 2012
As posted in the CM thread ....

Hi Guys,

As many of you have noted, I've been absent for ages. Sorry about that!

I thought I should let you know that I'll be upgrading my device and so my i9305 will be left in a drawer from now on. I will not be developing any future ROMS for this device.

It has been fun and I hope you have enjoyed it. I really hope someone is able to step up and take over maintenance of the i9305 and bring some Lollipop love to you all!

Sad to hear. But thank you very much for your work on this device. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Youtube videos often get to freeze on 720p.Running the 12.12 build with latest Boeffla kernel.
Use stock kernel. I was also having issues (freezes too) with Boeffla.
The issues are related to specific schedulers, and settings combinations, so it is possible to run Boeffla and have a stable environment, but I'm or going into details here. You can check and tweak settings by your self ( you using Boeffla, system tuner, Trickster Mod, faux clock etc.).
In my case I see no real benefits over running stock kernel so I just 'switched'.

Also consider this ROM is abandoned at the moment and the last build which received updates is actually the one of 3rd December. No need to flash anything after atm, until someone else picks up maintace. Anyway everyone is now concentrating on Android 5, so let's hope someone will jump in (there are already unofficial builds.).

But for someone looking for the stable AOSP based ROM, this is still probably the best and only choice for this device.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Reactions: limnaln

limnaln

Jun 28, 2013
Plovdiv
Use stock kernel. I was also having issues (freezes too) with Boeffla.
The issues are related to specific schedulers, and settings combinations, so it is possible to run Boeffla and have a stable environment, but I'm or going into details here. You can check and tweak settings by your self ( you using Boeffla, system tuner, Trickster Mod, faux clock etc.).
In my case I see no real benefits over running stock kernel so I just 'switched'.

Also consider this ROM is abandoned at the moment and the last build which received updates is actually the one of 3rd December. No need to flash anything after atm, until someone else picks up maintace. Anyway everyone is now concentrating on Android 5, so let's hope someone will jump in (there are already unofficial builds.).

But for someone looking for the stable AOSP based ROM, this is still probably the best and only choice for this device.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the fast and quick response :) btw regardless of nobody updating the rom it is still pretty good until 5.0 becomes more usable?

mcampbellsmith

Jul 1, 2010
@mcampbellsmith sorry for disturbing you.
I have just noticed the last update for this ROM was released on 12th of December and just would like you to confirm that the update is ok and from trustworthy source... If possible...

The ROM will continually be updated with changes that affect every device. I don't think there have been many changes for i9305 for a while, so the updates should be fine!

I do see that the device tree for Lollipop has been created in github, so there is hope that you will get it sometime soon .....

n3rdmusic

Aug 13, 2011
Hi all,

anyone have an idea as to why the latest builds are all 0 kbs on the ROM page? wanting to get the latest version to fix the data connection bug but the download has no file (same with previous revs).

Cheers :)
Love this rom!

Antsu

Nov 28, 2013
Hi all,

anyone have an idea as to why the latest builds are all 0 kbs on the ROM page? wanting to get the latest version to fix the data connection bug but the download has no file (same with previous revs).

Cheers :)
Love this rom!

Hi

You might have been noticed but if not, todays build is up. What kind of databug you have?

n3rdmusic

Aug 13, 2011
Hi mate,
cheers for the quick response!

When I turned my data on, after awhile (~30mins) sometimes sooner, it just stops working. The 'H' stays there as if its almost frozen, i.e. doesnt show the '+' or toggle to 3G as it commonly does, and I get no signal when I try to load a webpage. It remains frozen like this until I turn it off and on and then it takes awhile to work again.

I have tried 4 different modem/radios and still the same issue across them all. It also appears my text messages fail to send when the data freezes like this, not sure if that helps?

Edit: Also tried the new build last night (02/17) and just had the same issue occurring.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:

Antsu

Nov 28, 2013
Hi mate,
cheers for the quick response!..........

Well, I'm not sure this helps but you can try if you haven't yet. Do you have LTE contract or 3g? If you don't use LTE you can go to mobile network settings and switch LTE to 2g/3g preferred or auto, depending of your areas 3g signal strenght. If I remember right, 2g/3g preferred setting tries to keep 3g connection more aggressively even in low 3g strenght areas. I've been using 2g/3g auto for a while, even though 3g signal is good here. Perhaps you should try that also (if you dont't use LTE)? I'm using the modem from OP because that only matches with roms rilblobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: n3rdmusic

n3rdmusic

Aug 13, 2011
Well, I'm not sure this helps but you can try if you haven't yet. Do you have LTE contract or 3g? If you don't use LTE you can go to mobile network settings and switch LTE to 2g/3g preferred or auto, depending of your areas 3g signal strenght. If I remember right, 2g/3g preferred setting tries to keep 3g connection more aggressively even in low 3g strenght areas. I've been using 2g/3g auto for a while, even though 3g signal is good here. Perhaps you should try that also (if you dont't use LTE)? I'm using the modem from OP because that only matches with roms rilblobs.

Legend! didn't realise the significance of riblobs in OPs modem, as I've been using other 4.3/4.4 ones... Also don't have LTE and changing that network setting to preferred worked a treat, loving ya work mate!

Much appreciated!
Sam

Reactions: Antsu

kbuss

May 14, 2013
Hi! where I can check the changelog in these official nightlies that come out almost every day...? Where is the talk about these, or what is being done...? I dont understand... thx!

Top Liked Posts