[ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

arzine

Jan 26, 2013
Does anyone else have horrible sound recording quality? I was at a Slayer concert yesterday and the video quality is ok but the sound quality is just horrible. It sound worse than this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jap9R4Tao&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Could this be related to AOSP roms or the phone itself? I remember that in pandoriam rom, when I recorded my band's gigs the quality was good, but now it is just horrible..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

it's probably the stock camera's problem

FAdrums

Apr 14, 2012
First of all: you went to the Slayer concert! \m/

Secondly it seems that the mic caption setting is too high. Not sure if theres a way to turning it down a notch.

Enviado do meu GT-I9305 utilizando Tapatalk 4

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
First of all: you went to the Slayer concert! \m/

Secondly it seems that the mic caption setting is too high. Not sure if theres a way to turning it down a notch.

Mm I'm going to flash a stock-based rom today and test the camera, since I'm going to see Tenacious D this sunday!
If it works good I'm going to stay with stock roms.. :/

FAdrums

Apr 14, 2012
Mm I'm going to flash a stock-based rom today and test the camera, since I'm going to see Tenacious D this sunday!
If it works good I'm going to stay with stock roms.. :/

Jeeeez where do you live? Gig heaven? :D

Yesterday I went to the swimming pool and made a couple of videos and it was just fine. Mind that the volume at a gig are way higher.

Btw just flashed 0808! :)

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Jeeeez where do you live? Gig heaven? :D

Yesterday I went to the swimming pool and made a couple of videos and it was just fine. Mind that the volume at a gig are way higher.

Btw just flashed 0808! :)

Sweden! Well yes there's a lot of good bands playing here this year. Saw maiden a few weeks ago, and exodus+testament+lamb of god+deep purple and other bands will play at a festival this week. I dont have the money nor the time though haha.

Enough of offtopic, how's the battery with the latest build? :)

FAdrums

Apr 14, 2012
You luck b*****d!!! :D

Too soon to say. Yesterday flashed 0807 and this morning 0808...seems normal atm. Wanted to try CM with another kernel but want to stay 100% CM for some weird reason! :p

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
You luck b*****d!!! :D

Too soon to say. Yesterday flashed 0807 and this morning 0808...seems normal atm. Wanted to try CM with another kernel but want to stay 100% CM for some weird reason! :p

Yes I also want to go CM all the way but recording+camera quality and features are way too importan to me. Forced to stay om stock roms. F***ing sammy :/

jackpf

Feb 11, 2013
Are people still having issues with Android OS using so much battery? I saw in the changelogs that a battery wasting workqueue was fixed in the 0708 update, but according to my battery stats Android OS is still using 61% of my battery :/

FAdrums

Apr 14, 2012
Are people still having issues with Android OS using so much battery? I saw in the changelogs that a battery wasting workqueue was fixed in the 0708 update, but according to my battery stats Android OS is still using 61% of my battery :/

Well i havent check where the drain is coming but 0808 is drinking too much juice! :(

phete

Jun 26, 2009
Borås
I made a post about this in the Q&A a couple of days ago, mainly because i didnt have a fresh logcat of my own (and of course since I didnt had access to post in the dev-forum). http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39625428&postcount=135
Now however, I have both a fresh logcat and access to post here.

The problem is how some of the mobile switchboards behave, in my case Telia Jobbmobil växel (Telia Corporate mobile switchboard).

It's supose to work like this:

You answer an incomming call. To transfer the call to a college you first place the call on hold then dial the college.
When a call to your college is established you should press "4" and "Dial".
Since Smartphones almost never have a Dial-button with a ongoing call, the workaround goes like this (This is also what the diffrent switchboard app's out there do):

Dive into your phonebook, where you have stored a contact called "Transfer" with the phone number "4".
You call this contact and the two ongoing calls are merged by the swtichboard.

The problem with AOSP-roms is that they are unable to place this third call.

Code:
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): Exception from app.mCM.dial()
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): com.android.internal.telephony.CallStateException: cannot dial in current state
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.internal.telephony.CallManager.dial(CallManager.java:835)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.PhoneUtils.placeCall(PhoneUtils.java:689)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.CallController.placeCallInternal(CallController.java:474)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.CallController.placeCall(CallController.java:252)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.SipCallOptionHandler$1.run(SipCallOptionHandler.java:395)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.Activity.runOnUiThread(Activity.java:4644)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.SipCallOptionHandler.setResultAndFinish(SipCallOptionHandler.java:372)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.phone.SipCallOptionHandler.onCreate(SipCallOptionHandler.java:208)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5104)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1080)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2261)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2357)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:153)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1247)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5226)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:562)
W/PhoneUtils( 3050): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/CallController( 3050): placeCall: PhoneUtils.placeCall() FAILED for number '4'.

Almost none of the stockrom dialers (TW, Sense etc) have this problem so it should not be impossible to work around it.
Im curious of what state the phone is in that causes the call to fail.

I actually had this issue too (on both my LG Optimus 2X, Galaxy S3 and now the Sony Xperia Z). Worked on stock but never on CM.
What I did was to check through system dumps from stock roms of all of the major vendors and found out that they basically removed the check to "canDial()" in CallManager.java or removed a check if both lines were busy so that's what I did.
And after building CM for myself, transfering calls works flawlessly again!
I uploaded my changes to CM code review:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/47709/
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/47710/

Last edited:
Reactions: petterkatt

jackpf

Feb 11, 2013
I definitely believe the battery drain is wifi related, when im at home on my router my phone can easily last 24+ hours with moderate usage, but at work on a different router it drains about 50-60% in 7 hours, and i have a massive wlan_rx_wake wakelock with "Android OS" using around 60-70% of my battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9305_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S III LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery (Odin Version)
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9305

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Heimdall Flash Tool:
    Official website

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9305/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    qswQn1Zl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    mcampbellsmith and me are going to support your device officially.
    official nightlies will start soon, the first build will be called "experimental" and appear on http://get.cm in a few hours.