[ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 official nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Do you have Focal installed? Or do use Boefla kernel, and have sharpness fix enabled?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I haven't got Focal installed but, yes, I do have the Boeffla kernel with sharpness tweaks. I'm downloading today's nightly (20131217) and will give that a go in the morning with default CM kernel. I saw in the BBQlogs that there had been several changes this week involving Samsung and camera related issues.

I should also say that I also tried Caera Zoon FX but that, too, failed after about three shots in succession, saying it could not contact the camera.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I haven't got Focal installed but, yes, I do have the Boeffla kernel with sharpness tweaks. I'm downloading today's nightly (20131217) and will give that a go in the morning with default CM kernel. I saw in the BBQlogs that there had been several changes this week involving Samsung and camera related issues.

I should also say that I also tried Caera Zoon FX but that, too, failed after about three shots in succession, saying it could not contact the camera.

Boeffla is ok too (At least it was ok for me, but I was using it only for a day or so.), but without sharpness tweak. If you have the tweak enabled, that's the reason for your problem.

Boeffla is ok too (At least it was ok for me, but I was using it only for a day or so.), but without sharpness tweak. If you have the tweak enabled, that's the reason for your problem.

Well, I had reverted to 20131212 nightly (I was having problems downloading 20131217) and switched off the sharpness tweak but, again, my camera froze.

What has fixed it for me, for now at least, is Temasek's "Restart Camera" app available from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

RohanAJoshi appears to offer a fixed camera app for CM10.1, 11 and Omni but all that I have used - for now - is the "Restart Camera" ap which works a treat!

:good::laugh:

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well, I had reverted to 20131212 nightly (I was having problems downloading 20131217) and switched off the sharpness tweak but, again, my camera froze.

What has fixed it for me, for now at least, is Temasek's "Restart Camera" app available from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

RohanAJoshi appears to offer a fixed camera app for CM10.1, 11 and Omni but all that I have used - for now - is the "Restart Camera" ap which works a treat!

:good::laugh:

You did reboot, after switching off the sharpness tweak? Maybe wiping cache is needed, but disabling the tweak, and removing Focal, fixed all my problems with the Camera app. Focal would sometimes cause the 'cannot connect to camera' problem, but sharpness tweak broke the camera app completely.

You did reboot, after switching off the sharpness tweak? Maybe wiping cache is needed, but disabling the tweak, and removing Focal, fixed all my problems with the Camera app. Focal would sometimes cause the 'cannot connect to camera' problem, but sharpness tweak broke the camera app completely.

I forget - I tried so many things and had do delete so many JPEGS afterwards!!!

I've now managed to download 20131217 so now I have definitely rebooted with sharpness tweaks switched off!

Thanks for your help on this !crazy

BTW - do you or anyone else around here have any problems with the runaway gsiff_daemon? I had to rename that again yesterday after it nearly emptied my battery. It's in system/bin but I've never been able to work out exactly what it does. advice received elsewhere is to rename it so that's what I've been doing..

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
I forget - I tried so many things and had do delete so many JPEGS afterwards!!!

I've now managed to download 20131217 so now I have definitely rebooted with sharpness tweaks switched off!

Thanks for your help on this !crazy

BTW - do you or anyone else around here have any problems with the runaway gsiff_daemon? I had to rename that again yesterday after it nearly emptied my battery. It's in system/bin but I've never been able to work out exactly what it does. advice received elsewhere is to rename it so that's what I've been doing..

IIRC I was having a problem with gsiff only after doing a hot reboot. Cold reboot would fix it.

IIRC I was having a problem with gsiff only after doing a hot reboot. Cold reboot would fix it.

Yes, that's how it happened to me too, in the past. However, I hadn't knowingly performed a hot reboot this time. After upgrading to 20131217 I've renamed it again so that it should not reoccur. I have no idea what it does but everything seems to tick along OK without it....
:cool:

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes, that's how it happened to me too, in the past. However, I hadn't knowingly performed a hot reboot this time. After upgrading to 20131217 I've renamed it again so that it should not reoccur. I have no idea what it does but everything seems to tick along OK without it....
:cool:

I have read somewhere it has something to do with the gyroscope.
Why have you disable it, if it misbehaves only after hot reboot? Just don't hot reboot any more :).

I have read somewhere it has something to do with the gyroscope.
Why have you disable it, if it misbehaves only after hot reboot? Just don't hot reboot any more :).

Because I didn't hot reboot yesterday but, somehow, it got triggered and nearly killed my battery.

Ok, that makes sense.

On the other hand, I did have to hard reboot several times owing to my camera woes which cropped up again this afternoon, despite sharpness tweak having been disabled. I've now flashed the replacement camera from the forum I referred to above.

Danfonwyd o'm P5110, i9100 neu i9305

cham06

Dec 16, 2012
Antibes
I have upgraded to ... CM11 but i did not noticed that the 20131225 update was not about CM10.2 but CM11.

So no wipe, no factory install. Reboot was ok, and all is ok now. So.. Bye bye CM10.2 ! :)

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.2

Reactions: mcampbellsmith

Monoqoque

Jul 19, 2013
I have upgraded to ... CM11 but i did not noticed that the 20131225 update was not about CM10.2 but CM11.

So no wipe, no factory install. Reboot was ok, and all is ok now. So.. Bye bye CM10.2 ! :)

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.2

What version recovery you are running?
Because I can't update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Send me more if you have them.....

Screenshot_2013-08-09-16-59-29.jpg

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9305_Info

• Occasional graphics rendering issues
    • You tell me

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy S3 I9305, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

CM10.2 nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9305
    http://10.2.cmxlog.com/?device=i9305

Test builds
    cm-10.2-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_BLE.zip - 190.51 MB (test build for low power bluetooth)

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps/

Heimdall Flash Tool:
    http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9305/cm10.2/next

Chat:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support
    irc.freenode.net #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
    Graphics glitches gone in latest nightly.....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
    4.4 kitkat update

Just an update on 4.4

codeworkx created the device tree for CM11.0 for us.

I have a build that boots, loads, looks like it is working but has some major issues that mean it is not yet usable (similar to the OMNI build).

1. There are some extra selinux related issues that I believe are causing RILD not to work, camera connection etc. Looking into this, but I have limited experience with selinux, so may take a while.
    2. GPS is not yet working. Have to port over specific code for i9305 (and t0lte as far as I'm aware)

I'll post a new thread when I've got a more working version.
    Who compiled this? What are the known bugs so far? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I compiled this :) I helped to maintain the CM10.1 i9305 release as well (with huge support from codeworkx of course)

Other than that I haven't noticed any major bugs, haven't installed all my apps yet but no major bugs, internal storage works (i9300 bug). I've been running this for about an hour now.
    Bugs I've found:
    - Focal is buggy, you can't change pic/video size, it freezes. Everything else seems to work.
    - Stock frontal camera has 1.3 mpx as max size. This was a early bug on 10.1. I guess stereo video recording does not work properly, this was also an early bug on 10.1

If I find any other bugs I'll post them.

Edit:
    - Multitask previews are all black, so no real previews.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Focal is generally buggy at the moment.
    I'll fix the stock camera and stereo issues again. Missed these in the rush to get this ported.
    Expect some glitches and issues with the graphics at the moment. Exynos devices have a few issues currently being worked on.

Anyone else have some apps that have "extra" application notifications that you cant close? I have this issue with battery defender which now has an icon in addition to the normal % notification

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...tifications-after-you-upgrade-to-android-4-3/
    Maybe cherry pick this as well?:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46287/

That fixed some of my camera issues for me in my rom :)

New build up. Latest CM changes and also included the patch above. Untested, but I know it boots at least :)

cm-10.2-20130804-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip - 190.46 MB

EDIT1:
    A test build with this patch included from CM10.1, which is meant to improve battery life:

cm-10.2-20130804-UNOFFICIAL-i9305-test-build1.zip - 190.46 MB

EDIT2:
    The patch in test build 1 is now ported and merged in CM10.2 and will be included in the next build