[ROM][GT-I9305][LOLLIPOP][5.1.1][Cyanogenmod 12.1][UNOFFICIAL][8.10.2015]

Search This thread

Freakert74

Jan 3, 2014
NetFlix issue

Love this release, I only have one isse with it and that is Netflix, I allways get this error "Sorry We Cannot Reach The Netflix Service (-9)"
I have tried by LTE and on WiFi and it won't connect, other devices in the house don't have any issues.
I know nothing have been developed on this release for a long time, but hopefully someone have a solution ?

Reactions: j.albers.ol

woodman

Moderator Emeritus
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 France
OnePlus 7T
Latest builds work fine for me, I have no problems.

I often try CM13 and other MM builds but I always have issues (mainly because of AGNi, which I need for its features) and I always come back to CM12.1 in the end. Never gives me any problems. There are no features in MM that I miss in LP anyway and it looks the same really and is just as smooth. (The CM13 camera looks better but doesn't work as well and crashes a lot, and the default SMS has lost the vibrate pattern setting, which I like.)

P.S. I'm on the latest OTA nightly (17th July) although I use an AGNI smdk kernel from about a year ago (version 4.4.4) because the newer ones give me issues. AGNi is not as reliable as it used to be!
Do you know if you also have the "broken data" issue with CM12.1 running built-in stock kernel? (The issue we've just talked about in AGNi thread)

mile_jna

Oct 3, 2016
help

i try to download latest build but i get message OOPS! no mirrors found.
so how to download?

and withs gapps to i take full or stock ?

i have version 4.3 can i go to this version ?

tnx

basel33

Oct 6, 2016
problem abot sd card

i have a problem my phone doesn’t recognize sd card , i can’t enter to sd card from this rom , what i can do ,please.

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
OTA updated to 19 12 2016 release, i dont see any issue.. good rom.. every month OTA one release is going out with new patch, who is releasing it?

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
This rom is fast as stock rom. With agni pure cm. Cm13 is much faster. Why is that like this? Clean install, everything works but slow..

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
This rom is fast as stock rom. With agni pure cm. Cm13 is much faster. Why is that like this? Clean install, everything works but slow..

Lollipop were just a really bad version android. All my devices when the went from KK to LP got much more laggy. N seem to be the best version for android for our device as of now if you want a great battery life and smooth device. :)

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
Well I've used CM13 extensively with AGNi and Boeffla and do not find CM12.1 with AGNi any slower or laggier, unlike stock ROM. So my experience is very different to yours.
It works better with an older version though. I use AGNi smdk version 4.4.4. lulzactiveq_mod governor and remember to set touchboost to 800mhz

Last edited:
Reactions: tinko975

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
Well I've used CM13 extensively with AGNi and Boeffla and do not find CM12.1 with AGNi any slower or laggier, unlike stock ROM. So my experience is very different to yours.
It works better with an older version though. I use AGNi smdk version 4.4.4. lulzactiveq_mod governor and remember to set touchboost to 800mhz
Really no lags any more!!
Cpu clock speed default? Main profile angi normal or?

Last edited:

dawidd6

Mar 13, 2015
Wroclaw
CM12.1 Sammy based

Hello there, i've built CM 12.1 based on nameless sources (sammy) yesterday. For me everything is working except LTE (LTE works, had bad signal at home). After one day of testing i'm sharing with you result of my work.

I know that this is 5.1.1 and it is a bit outdated, but this rom performs well and will be definitely my daily driver till i build newer sammy based android or someone else do.

Screenshot:

l5G31Tm.png

md5sum:
Code:
1cb300f2279f2c9aa7c3b062fa50e1c4  cm-12.1-20170105-UNOFFICIAL-sammy-i9305.zip

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j26veo20aqc9omb/cm-12.1-20170105-UNOFFICIAL-sammy-i9305.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ aliasz3d

DJ aliasz3d

Jan 17, 2013
perth
Hello there, i've built CM 12.1 based on nameless sources (sammy) yesterday. For me everything is working except LTE. After one day of testing i'm sharing with you result of my work.

I know that this is 5.1.1 and it is a bit outdated, but this rom performs well and will be definitely my daily driver till i build newer sammy based android or someone else do.

Screenshot:

md5sum:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j26veo20aqc9omb/cm-12.1-20170105-UNOFFICIAL-sammy-i9305.zip?dl=0
Many thanks for your efforts and congratulations :highfive:, it is so good to see a new Dev building for our phone I look forward to what you'll do in the future.:good:

Reactions: dawidd6

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello there, i've built CM 12.1 based on nameless sources (sammy) yesterday. For me everything is working except LTE. After one day of testing i'm sharing with you result of my work.

Screenshot:

l5G31Tm.png

md5sum:
Code:
1cb300f2279f2c9aa7c3b062fa50e1c4  cm-12.1-20170105-UNOFFICIAL-sammy-i9305.zip

Download:
Start a new thread man ;) everyone is allowed to share his own work and its better in your own thread, you will get feedback, suggestions, maybe help with LTE who knows ;)

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: limjh16

dawidd6

Mar 13, 2015
Wroclaw
@Minto107 nah, i don't see the point, because it was just one time build and i've shared it, because why not. I've built it, because Sammy RR and Nameless (5.1.1) had some problems, which seems to be resolved in my CM build. Now i will focus on nameless kernel for 7.1.1 in free time. Will see what i can do in this topic.

Last edited:

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@Minto107 nah, i don't see the point, because it was just one time build and i've shared it, because why not. I've built it, because Sammy RR and Nameless (5.1.1) had some problems, which seems to be resolved in my CM build. Now i will focus on nameless kernel for 7.1.1 in free time. Will see what i can do in this topic.
Pan started same way as you ;) he was publishing occasional builds in winxuser thread and I proposed him to start a new thread and look what he did ;) anyway good luck with your projects ;) I would flash it with a pleasure but I don't own I9305 anymore, only I9300 ;)

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: dawidd6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

#include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

*/

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:

- are running a custom kernel

- have flashed mods

- modified system files

- didn't follow our instructions word by word

- are unfriendly

First time installing CyanogenMod 12.1 to your Galaxy S3 I9305, or coming from another ROM:

- Read known issues ans FAQs

- Flash one of the recovery images (CWM or TWRP)

- Copy GApps and CM12.1 ZIPs to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Flash CM12.1 zip from SDCard

- Flash GApps zip from SDCard

- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)

- Reboot

- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!

- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1:

- Copy CM12.1 ZIP to your SDCard

- Boot into Recovery

- Flash CM12.1 zip from SDCard

- Reboot

Wifi

Camera

Bluetooth

3G

Sensors

Home Button Wake

GPS (maybe)

RIL

Carrier APN

Keyboard on first boot

Added HDMI support but not sure if it works

Snapchat/Instagram video uploads

Stable

Kernel Sources:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412
    guys i have decided to start working on cm 13 for this device, i cant promise a build just yet but it will come in time

No more ROMs and testing for me guys. Will be giving my beloved s3 away to a friend who needs a phone. Hope all goes well with everyone who will still use this device in the future, I will continue cm 12.1 updates until the team is done with it and focused on updating cm 13 more.. Hope you guys get cm 13 soon.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
    my i9305 repo is pretty much up-to-date with nameless sources, i think i did a pretty good job :p

now im gonna compile a new build for you guys to celebrate xD

Lol a 24 year old acting like a damn child lol oh well ??
    for complete CM12.1 changelog please visit http://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/#

28/03/2015:
    Initial release

28/03/2015:
    updated to 5.1 r3 latest version by google

alpha 3 29/03/2015:
    added 720p front camera recording
    updated media codecs
    added hdmi support
    merged libril modems
    added more omx codes support

beta 2 3/4/2015: