• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
This is an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build for the international Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506).
The korean Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S/K/L) is NOT tested by the developer and it may have some issues such as wakeup delay.

Instructions

1. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin.
  2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power).
  3. Optional: Wipe data / Factory Reset
  4. Install the ROM (Lineage zip).
  5. Optional: Install LineageOS su addon or Magisk to get root.
  6. Install the Google Apps (Open GApps 8.1).
Enjoy!

Downloads

All: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=43918
LineageOS 15.1: lineage-15.1-20181007-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.2.3-0-ks01ltexx.tar
Recommended Bootloader/Modem: I9506XXSDPL2_I9506XXUDOJ2_bootmodem.tar

Sources

https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx
https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_samsung_ks01ltexx

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
kyasu
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-02-11
Last Updated 2018-10-07

Last edited:

wkwk

Jan 11, 2007
Is the Bluetooth voice call issue fixed?.

Edit _> confirmed fixed !. Awesome Kyasu, thanks.

Last edited:

pratak

May 8, 2015
Dirty Flashing from 14.1 did not work for me. Device boots completely but hangs after 20s of usage. Maybe there is an incompatible app, thats making my device crash. I'll try it from scratch in some days again. But thank you for all your work!

P

PixelChris95

This will be my daily driver from today on. Thanks so much kyasu! Switching on and off Bluetooth and WiFi seems to interfere somehow, but everything else seems to work fine for the moment!
Did you consider posting a donation link @kyasu ?

marcinadd

Jun 14, 2014
Big bug for me. If you set screen lock as pattern or pin you can't unlock phone because SystemUI crashes so I can't add Credit Card to Android Pay.

EDIT: OK work but there is some delay. If the process interrupted you don't able to unlock screen. To fix this you must Reboot to Recovery and go to Advanced-->File Manager. Navigate to /data/system and delete all locksettings databases.

Last edited:
P

PixelChris95

Big bug for me. If you set screen lock as pattern or pin you can't unlock phone because SystemUI crashes so I can't add Credit Card to Android Pay.

Camera LED doesn't work too.
Pin works fine here. Also led flash is working fine for me with footej camera app. Switching flight mode off from power menu does not work, but there is also the quick settings tile for this, so nothing to worry about. This is very stable and some features work even better than with los14.1 (torch tile, switching cameras delay...).
One more thing: Switching selinux to enforcing works also for me, so no problem using Netflix and other apps, which depend on this.

gebaya

May 20, 2016
This is an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build for the international Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506).
The korean Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S/K/L) is NOT tested by the developer and it may have some issues such as wakeup delay.

I don't think the wakeup delay problem is specific to the Korean version. I'm experiencing this bug on an international Galaxy S4 LTE-A. On stock the keys light up right away and the screen immediately after. On your roms the keys light up immediately, but the screen takes about a second to wake up.

Thanks for all your work, nonetheless. This is a great ROM, thanks for keeping ks01lte alive.

Reactions: DrAcula04
P

PixelChris95

When I try to set pin settings froze. I rebooted phone and tried to unlock, but it's relocking continously. You only set PIN from settings and it worked?
Yes I did nothing special. I just changed to a pattern, unlocked once and changed back to my pin. No problems whatsoever.
I have the wakeup delay too with the international version, but I am already used to it since 14.1 :cool:

Top Liked Posts