[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This is an unofficial LineageOS 18.1 build for the international Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506).
The korean Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S/K/L) is NOT tested by the developer.

Known Issues
Instructions
  1. Flash TWRP recovery via Odin
  2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Home + Power)
  3. Optional: Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  4. Install ROM (lineage-*.zip)
  5. Install Gapps (arm)
  6. Optional: Install Magisk to get root
  7. Reboot
Enjoy!

Downloads

All: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=43918
LineageOS 18.1: lineage-18.1-20210211-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip
TWRP: twrp-3.5.0_9-0-ks01ltexx.tar
Recommended Bootloader/Modem: I9506XXSDPL2_I9506XXUDOJ2_bootmodem.tar

Sources
https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx
https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_samsung_ks01ltexx

Contributors
kyasu, LineageOS Devs

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Created 2021-01-03
Last Updated 2021-02-11

Last edited:

GT-I8160P

May 27, 2014
Do you think a dirty flash over 17.1 might work with this Rom?
I'd like to give it a try but would not want to reinstall all apps and data.

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
On LOS16 before dirty flashing to LOS17 it was helpful to delete folders like below in /data/data beforehand in TWRP. But they are mostly empty now here. I'm not sure where LOS17 saves that data now.
It actually removed the global rom system settings to prevent invalid settings. This has reset the rom but not the apps.
com.android.providers.settings
com.android.settings
org.lineageos.settings.device

GT-I8160P

May 27, 2014
Thank You Kyasu for your excellent work and for keeping this phone up-to-date!
Everything works fine for me after flashing 18.1 over 17.1.

Nicholas.K

Jul 30, 2012
After clean upgrade, if I am downloading a file and screen turns off, my download stops (default download manager) until I turn the screen on. Few seconds later, my download resumes.
I checked battery saver, it's off. I checked restricted background, it's off. Nothing that I can think of to fix the problem.
I have not installed anything after the upgrade, so it is a clean fresh upgrade without changing any settings or installing any apps.
If anyone can think of something, please let me know how to fix it.
Thanks

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
After clean upgrade, if I am downloading a file and screen turns off, my download stops (default download manager) until I turn the screen on. Few seconds later, my download resumes.
I checked battery saver, it's off. I checked restricted background, it's off. Nothing that I can think of to fix the problem.
I have not installed anything after the upgrade, so it is a clean fresh upgrade without changing any settings or installing any apps.
If anyone can think of something, please let me know how to fix it.
Thanks
You call it a "clean upgrade". What did you upgrade from?

Nicholas.K

Jul 30, 2012
You call it a "clean upgrade". What did you upgrade from?
I'm not sure what to call it anymore :)
I wiped the system, data, cache and dalvil partitions through twrp, restarted and then installed lineage. Before installing lineage 18, I was using lineage 17. I had the same issue with that one too.
Now that I am using the phone again, it is getting under my nerves because I have to constantly turn the screen on to let the downloads finish.
Do you think it has something to do with modem/bootloader file? I am using the recommended bootloader version from the first post and I don't have any other issues with lineage.
Thanks

ruadus

Jun 9, 2012
Hello All,
How is your feeling with this new update?
I'm still on version 16 and wondering if I should upgrade or not?
Thanks