• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

PokeRekoP

Jul 16, 2021
Hi all.
Big thanks once more to kyasu for keeping these beauties up to date.
Trying to use mine as an audio streaming client for our living room amp. For that I have a Samsung "Multimedia Dock" (3 USB ports, microUSB for power, HDMI, and the 3.5mm audio jack. Don't want to go bluetooth route, don't want to connect to the S4's internal 3.5mm jack.

I can't find any rom other than the stock 5.0.1 one which plays audio through the dock's 3.5mm jack. Just re-flashed that to confirm the dock is good - it is.

The options that were there in the stock rom aren't available in anything but stock.

To test something other than Lineage based roms I had a go with HavocOS which is based on AOSP iirc. But same there.
Any thought on how to make things work with LineageOS? Anyone ever used this, anyone ever had this working "after stock"?

In the end I don't mind what custom ROM I put on, but having something more recent than 5.0 would be lovely ;)

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
It could be "Samsung TouchWiz" exclusive. Its not just a user interface. Its also a proprietary framework on stock rom only. Samsung apps depend on that (e.g. their camera app with 60fps recording and hardware post-processing). These functions/frameworks are proprietary/closed-source and cannot be ported..
The dock could rely on that as well. That's just a guess though.

PokeRekoP

Jul 16, 2021
@DualJoe thanks for the hint. Is there anything I could check, e.g. logcat when docking or so to see what is going on? I'd expect that dock to be some sort of OnTheGo OTG USB device. And there is 3rd party docks out there like those compact stereo amps and whatnot where one can plug the various microUSB devices in.

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
Yes, logcat could shed some light.
Where exactly are the (missing) options in stock rom?

The dock could be an external soundcard. That usually should work though i guess. It's possible that the Android device tree or the kernel configuration have a missing configuration setting on custom roms. Most custom roms share the same device tree (configuration).

Last edited:

PokeRekoP

Jul 16, 2021
The full Story up to now is here:

stock Android 5.0.1. : Settings > My Device > Accessories > enable "Dock Sound" and "Audio Output Mode"
EDIT: checked the translations, they were correct; the relevant tick is "Audio Output Mode". /EDIT

In AOSP/LOS (or rather "later versions of Android" ?) all different setting compared with touchwiz. On recent ROMs there is one setting in dev options related to automatic usb audio routing but that one has no effect. I couldn't locate any "Dock" , "sound" , "Audio" or "usb" related settings / options so I have no idea where in the various options screens one would expect them.

Last edited:

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
A logcat analysis/comparison would be your best candidate indeed i guess.

When you connect the dock is something changing at all in LOS? Status bar, muted sound or something?

PokeRekoP

Jul 16, 2021
Re Sound via Dock: Sorry, didn't find much time to look into this.
For now have set up stock 5.0.1 to have a working solution (to comply with the "WAF" hurdle whenever I have not time to work on it)
Will set up latest lineage 18.1 by kyasu and then see that I get logcats for both platforms. "I'll be back!"

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
Anyone noticing some gfx glitches now and then as well? They are there for some months or so and seem to only appear on the same apps (Nova launcher, WeatherOnline).

stripes03.png

stripes02.png

pediadk

Aug 10, 2021
Hello to all! New member here. Let me start by expressing my gratitude towards kyasu and the rest of the developers for their amazing work on the i9506.

I want to confirm, that I have the exact same problem as user Kryga-i9506 has reported, concerning Bluetooth. I have exactly the same bootloader/modem/recovery configuration as Kryga. Everything else seems to be running really smoothly. However, Bluetooth is a show-stopper for me since I am using a portable EKG device to monitor my heart rhythm. Having to reboot the device at least once per day is extremely bothersome.

Would there be a way to re-initialize Bluetooth programmatically via the terminal so that the device would not need to be rebooted?

Any other potential fix that you could propose?

Kryga what did you end up doing about this issue?

Thank you very much in advance for your replies.

Kryga-i9506

Jun 13, 2020
I have no clue as to the problem so far. I was able to back up some logcat with adb after noticing bluetooth failures again. But I could not find any clues (recognizable to me) in the logcat about the cause.
Partially both i9596 work for days without the error occurring. On other days the error occurs several times a day. It doesn't matter if the i9506 is just sitting on the desk or if I'm really mobile with it.
I also haven't found a tutorial with google that helps me read the logcat in relation to the bluetooth failure.

I uninstalled the corona warning app as a test; then the error did not occur for more than a week. Then I reinstalled the app and the error occurred intermittently again.

Then I tested disabling the risk detection in the app, and the error did not occur for days.

But the risk detection is the main function of the app.

The Corona-Warn-App is an app that helps trace infection chains of SARS-CoV-2 (which can cause COVID-19) in Germany. The app is based on technologies with a decentralized approach and notifies users if they have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. Transparency is key to both protect the app's end-users and to encourage adoption.

The Exposure Notification System (by Apple and Google) on a mobile device broadcasts a Rolling Proximity Identifier (something to be remembered by), while also regularly scanning for identifiers of other phones using Bluetooth Low Energy technology and storing the identifiers locally. The identifiers are only valid for 10-20 minutes and are derived cryptographically from temporary keys which change every 24h.

If Bluetooth Low Energy is not used by any app, Bluetooth remains permanently enabled on the i9506.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Toby123456

Sep 22, 2019
Hi Kyasu, I am new to this, but know about Ubuntu and linux basics. I would like to learn / master the skills to build LineageOS for the Korean SHV-E300S or SHV-E330S Exynos5 architecture. Would you be able to guide me? If yes, please contact me. I would also be willing to make a donation via Paypal for your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi Kyasu, I am new to this, but know about Ubuntu and linux basics. I would like to learn / master the skills to build LineageOS for the Korean SHV-E300S or SHV-E330S Exynos5 architecture. Would you be able to guide me? If yes, please contact me. I would also be willing to make a donation via Paypal for your efforts.
I have built many ROMs from source. I learnt by using the instructions (for a diffrerent but related device to what I started on) from the LineageOS site. There are pretty detailed instructions there. Most GitHUB pages for different ROMs have instruction how to at least start.

There is also a thread here on XDA to help get you started or with any issues you come accross.

EIther way, you would save time of both yourself and @kyasu if you started the learning process on your own. I can't imaging that a "donation" would go anywhere near compensating for the time required to train someone to build a ROM, from no starting point.

Top Liked Posts