• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
I can't notice that here. Maybe you have 'reduce power consumption' or 'adaptive brightness' enabled.

somewhereinoz9

Jan 9, 2021
HI All. Newbie with no idea here.
I managed to download Android 11 using TWRP for my GT-i9506
Build Number: lineage_ks01ltexx-userdebug
11 RQ3A.211001.001
eng.kyasu.20211007.091936 release-keys

I also downloaded
NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210918-signed.zip
And
Magisk-v23.0.zip

I have previously managed to download Android 10 and then Android 11 on my Samsung S2 - with minimal problems.

I am now experiencing a few issues with my phone being:
1. When I receive a phone call from an number not listed in my address book it does not show up and I have no means to answer it as it does not show up on my screen.
2. When I make or receive a phone call I only have the green call button - I have no way to end or dismiss the call.
3. Searching in Google Play does not show the apps I am searching for even when entered correctly and I have some issues with apps not working I have downloaded (such as COVID QR check in scanners not reading) - or sometimes web pages not loading (although this appears more relevant using mobile data as opposed to Wi-Fi). I have downloaded a QR barcode scanner app and this appears to be working fine.

I am just wondering if anyne else has had any issues or problems - or is it something I have done wrong and any possible solutions?

Don't get me wrong I think this is magnificent being able to upgrade like this and am eternally gratful to all the hard work put in by Kyasu and all the other developers like Rinaldo - and to anyone that may be able to help me out.

somewhereinoz9

Jan 9, 2021
HI All. Newbie with no idea here.
I managed to download Android 11 using TWRP for my GT-i9506
Build Number: lineage_ks01ltexx-userdebug
11 RQ3A.211001.001
eng.kyasu.20211007.091936 release-keys

I also downloaded
NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210918-signed.zip
And
Magisk-v23.0.zip

I have previously managed to download Android 10 and then Android 11 on my Samsung S2 - with minimal problems.

I am now experiencing a few issues with my phone being:
1. When I receive a phone call from an number not listed in my address book it does not show up and I have no means to answer it as it does not show up on my screen.
2. When I make or receive a phone call I only have the green call button - I have no way to end or dismiss the call.
3. Searching in Google Play does not show the apps I am searching for even when entered correctly and I have some issues with apps not working I have downloaded (such as COVID QR check in scanners not reading) - or sometimes web pages not loading (although this appears more relevant using mobile data as opposed to Wi-Fi). I have downloaded a QR barcode scanner app and this appears to be working fine.

I am just wondering if anyne else has had any issues or problems - or is it something I have done wrong and any possible solutions?

Don't get me wrong I think this is magnificent being able to upgrade like this and am eternally gratful to all the hard work put in by Kyasu and all the other developers like Rinaldo - and to anyone that may be able to help me out.

wanted to provide an update.
I have removed the original lineage and GAPPS zip files and reinstalled the original January 2021 lineage and GAPPS file - this seems to have resolved the issues with being able to end the phone call and I can locate apps on Google Play now - so I am hoping this may have fixed the issue.

I will play around with it for a few days and see how I go

bizzzang

Jan 24, 2020
Seoul
View attachment 5440169 View attachment 5440171

I can't download apps from Playstore because it says that there isn't enough storage spaces.

But there are so many enough spaces.

I took this picture immediately after installing Lineage rom and gapps
and i didn't install any apps and i didn't change any settings.

I installed 20210910, 20211007 version and Opengapps, Bitgapps by
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ks01lte.

But it always says there isn't enough spaces when I try to install apps from Pl

View attachment 5440169 View attachment 5440171

I can't download apps from Playstore because it says that there isn't enough storage spaces.

But there are so many enough spaces.

I took this picture immediately after installing Lineage rom and gapps
and i didn't install any apps and i didn't change any settings.

I installed 20210910, 20211007 version and Opengapps, Bitgapps by
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ks01lte.

But it always says there isn't enough spaces when I try to install apps from Playstore.

And I can't take a screenshot also.
Format the system and install

sdadaf

Apr 15, 2015
Format the system and install

I also did format and reinstall 18.1 many times before. But there was still a problem.

To take a test, I installed lineage17.1 20201213 and it is fine.
Then I installed lineage18.1 20211007 again and it is fine now.

I don't know what was the reason but the problem is solved now.
Thank you.

Last edited:

radek.k

Oct 28, 2021
This is my first post so hello to everyone and please don't mind my english.

Thank you kyasu for your wonderful work! I'm using this ROM without any issues, I just can't get video output to work. I have the proper MHL to HDMI converter (11 pin) and I've tried a couple of major video apps but none of them work. Any idea what might be wrong?

gvamp

Dec 25, 2015
Stuttgart
I'm constantly having connection and "android setup crashed" errors after installing the most recent OpenGApps regardless if it's nano or pico and if it's this rom here or the rom for Android 9/10. Bootloader/modem/twrp are the recommended ones. Seems the Google apps can't access the internet. I can't open the playstore. Any hints what I could try? Did a bunch of clean installs and nothing helped.

sdadaf

Apr 15, 2015
I'm constantly having connection and "android setup crashed" errors after installing the most recent OpenGApps regardless if it's nano or pico and if it's this rom here or the rom for Android 9/10. Bootloader/modem/twrp are the recommended ones. Seems the Google apps can't access the internet. I can't open the playstore. Any hints what I could try? Did a bunch of clean installs and nothing helped.
I also experienced your problem at other phone's android 10 roms.
I think there were some problems at opengapps.
Now the newest opengapps arm android10 changes into 2021/10/21 which is old version.
After 2021/10/21 version is deleted on official opengapps site.
And I also experienced this problem when i installed bitgapps too.

Last edited:

gvamp

Dec 25, 2015
Stuttgart
I also experiencd your problem at other phone's android 10 roms.
I think there were some problems at opengapps.
Now the newest opengapps arm android10 changes into 2021/10/21 which is old version.
After 2021/10/21 version is deleted on official opengapps site.
Yes, weird, meanwhile I have installed an older version of gapps and this was ok with this rom here (but Android 10). Thanks for the information. Took me a few hours, I thought I did something wrong. :)

bizzzang

Jan 24, 2020
Seoul
lineage-18.1-20211106-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip

New build is available (See the first post).
Sync with the latest LineageOS source (November 2021 Security Patch).

Changes:
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx/commits/lineage-18.1
https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974/commits/lineage-18.1
This rom perfect
lineage-18.1-20211106-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx.zip

New build is available (See the first post).
Sync with the latest LineageOS source (November 2021 Security Patch).

Changes:
https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_samsung_ks01ltexx/commits/lineage-18.1
https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_samsung_msm8974/commits/lineage-18.1
This rom is perfect. Thank you.

rknnth

Apr 21, 2020
i have samsung s4 shv-330s and it works
i also have samsung shv-e300s . will this work or not?

Top Liked Posts