[ROM][GT-I9506][ks01ltexx] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A

Search This thread

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
Magisk install did work properly here. Maybe you have some leftovers from previous installs. Check /data/adb and if present delete it.

If it doesn't help delete /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh and dirty install the rom again. Then try again.

Reactions: klaus-hamburg

klaus-hamburg

Apr 4, 2017
Hamburg
Magisk install did work properly here. Maybe you have some leftovers from previous installs. Check /data/adb and if present delete it.

If it doesn't help delete /system/addon.d/99-magisk.sh and dirty install the rom again. Then try again.
thx,
I have to make a clean install ,
start system ,
reboot into twrp,
install magisk,
reboot system,
update/install magisk manager,
reboot into twrp,
restore data backup from previous build
ready
;-)

vagika

Mar 7, 2009
Hungary
Hi,
This is a great rom, works w/o any issues for me, except it's draining my battery.(a very new one.)
W/o SIM card, it2-4 days on standby, but if I connect to provider, it's drained in ~9 hours.
What should be my expectation, how long the battery usually lasts, if it's mostly on standby?
thanks!

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
Did you check settings/battery if there are some consumers logged?
Standby probably lasts for (i don't know) maybe 3-4 days i guess. Never had the phone unused for such a long time though. The question rather is if your phone wakes up a lot (and something's wrong) or if the battery is already weak, especially if its a new one.

Edit: Nvm, you already said its 2-4 days without SIM. Are you on latest modem from 1st post? Do you have good signal quality in your area?

Last edited:
Reactions: vagika

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi,
This is a great rom, works w/o any issues for me, except it's draining my battery.(a very new one.)
W/o SIM card, it2-4 days on standby, but if I connect to provider, it's drained in ~9 hours.
What should be my expectation, how long the battery usually lasts, if it's mostly on standby?
thanks!
have you looked into your doze?
see: https://xdaforums.com/t/app-tool-temefi-comprehensive-system-administration.3806260/

On a previous phone (actually previous 2 devices, I now have a Pixel4a), my device(s) would not go into doze, so was active/awake draining battery even when screen was off and the phone was unused. Also maybe look into BBS:

Reactions: vagika

vagika

Mar 7, 2009
Hungary
Thanks, for the both of you. Signal is perfect, and modem is the suggested by Kyasu. I'll check the suggestions, and maybe flash an official rom to test it.

M@yeulC

May 14, 2020
Thanks kyasu!
I had a few issues on 17.1, anyone knows if those are solved with this ROM?
  • Couldn't use the SD card trough android storage access framework. With adopted storage, I periodically have to re-insert the card.
  • Some applications would crash deterministically (Mozilla stumbler on upload, and OpenCamera on finishing a panorama, for instance).
  • Smart cover detection with the hall effect sensor was too sensitive, the screen was getting locked when flapping the cover on the back.
  • Highly unreliable compass.
The first one is the most annoying to me, other users reported it in the 17.1 thread, so I'm wondering if this got fixed along the way?

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
What filesystem is on your sdcard?
Did you clean install the rom?

Last edited:

M@yeulC

May 14, 2020
What filesystem is on your sdcard?
Did you clean install the rom?
You are telling me you can't reproduce? I saw multiple posts mentioning that issue, so I assumed it was widespread :/

It happens on at least two phones for me. I'll have to take some time to dig a bit into this, as this is my daily driver.

IIRC, I tried a variety of filesystems: ext4, FAT (exfat or 32 or vfat, can't remember now), f2fs. SD card access is fine from a terminal emulator, and for apps that store data in a dedicated SD card folder, like OSMAnd. The issue comes from android SAF, and appears quite clearly in the logs.

I think those were clean install, yeah. Pretty sure I reinstalled multiple times trying to fix this.

fichatel

Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I installed latest build (lineage-18.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx) from clean install (wiped everything :) )

I have 2 issues (3 in facts) :
- Some apps disapear from desk after reboot, i don't know why. I tried to wipe cache and dalvik with no effect
- I installed twrp (through Odin) but after a system reboot, twrp is replaced by rom recovery. I obviously took care to reboot to recovery after install twrp and managed to go in twrp but after a system rebout, then a recovery reboot, rom recovery is launched.
The twrp doc says that twrp patch rom to prevent this. What's going wrong ?
- Finaly, my 3rd issue is one I had with lineage 17.1 (and which make me try 18.1). I often have a "No sim card detected", and have to reboot to fix this, sometimes few times per day. Anyone has an idea where this problem could come from ?

SofianeLasri

Feb 17, 2018
Hi,

I installed latest build (lineage-18.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx) from clean install (wiped everything :) )

I have 2 issues (3 in facts) :
- Some apps disapear from desk after reboot, i don't know why. I tried to wipe cache and dalvik with no effect
- I installed twrp (through Odin) but after a system reboot, twrp is replaced by rom recovery. I obviously took care to reboot to recovery after install twrp and managed to go in twrp but after a system rebout, then a recovery reboot, rom recovery is launched.
The twrp doc says that twrp patch rom to prevent this. What's going wrong ?
- Finaly, my 3rd issue is one I had with lineage 17.1 (and which make me try 18.1). I often have a "No sim card detected", and have to reboot to fix this, sometimes few times per day. Anyone has an idea where this problem could come from ?
Sometimes the wifi and the sim card don't work. Wait a few minutes for your device to cool down or restart it. ;)

DualJoe

Oct 12, 2011
de
@kyasu:
Can you put the msm8974-common vendor blobs to your repo as well?
Build fails:
device/samsung/msm8974-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk:103: error: vendor/samsung/msm8974-common/BoardConfigVendor.mk: No such file or directory

Bringing back ZRAM might be a good idea indeed as the SystemUI bug should be all upstreams fault. Its still not fixed completely but at least the lags are gone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts