[ROM][GT-N7105]#--EmptyStock--#[Stock][Root][Deox][10 Nov]

Search This thread

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Hello N7105 owners,

DISCLAIMER:
By reading this post, downloading any of the links, or acting on it in anyway you accept full responsibility for the outcome. I strongly suggest you do not download this ROM but that's just my opinion.

What this is:

This is EE's (UK operator)(formally Orange & T-Mobile) stock ROM for the GT-N7105 or Galaxy Note 2 LTE International - N7105XXXALIJ
Stock Kernel
Rooted
Busybox
Fully deodexed
Zip aligned
Some bloatware removed. (Light version)

What you would need:
Custom recovery (CWM) <-- See other threads for the how-to I might post a link later.

What you would do:
Download .zip
While waiting... it's big (sorry) ... do a nandroid <-- Google it.
Put .zip onto external SD Card (internal would be fine too but I think if you full wiped it'd get deleted and your panties would twist)
Flash .zip
Wait... remember it's big (sorry)
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Reboot
Enjoy

What else you would want to do:
Flash a different Kernel - there's only one floating around for now.
Use a storage data swap - two options
Use performance scripts, see around there are lots and they'll work best with a different kernel with init.d support - there is a thread with an how-to for getting support with any kernel/ROM and I tried it but failed. I didn't try hard.
Wipe Data - this shouldn't be necessary as your phone will already be on a stock ROM.

What I would like you to do:
Make themes and I'll link them in post 2
Tell me what default apps you want back or what taken away.
Post links to other stock ROMs you'd like made more convenient (that's all this is btw because it's no different than rooting etc yourself after the fact).
Talk about N7105 development - we all want proper Dev support and built from source roms.

What I don't want you to do:
Expect anything from me.
Flash this thinking it's something special, or that I'm a dev, or think that this is counts as actual development.

Credits:
I'll update this - but in order of significance:
Torvalds
The GPL
Google
Samsung
dsixda
carl1961

Downloads:
0.0.0 - B=Downloads:145 | L=Downloads:20
[Bloated][~800MB] http://www.adrive.com/public/23eMz4/EmptyStock_000.zip This is what I'm running.
MD5: 7bdba61934be6e2ec9b21c2437080aaa
[Light][~600MB] http://www.adrive.com/public/wsYjTa/EmptyStock_000_Light.zip :: Untested - I'm running the bloated version and haven't checked that this one even boots I don't recommend flashing it although that's exactly what I'll do to test it just can't be arsed at the moment - mainly because I'm playing bezomied and I'm on level 24 with 17 shotguns in reverse... anyway the version I'm running will be uploaded in an hour or so.
MD5: 02706989addb4e4f1055114659153d17

Last edited:

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
+1 for first de-bloated n7105 rom
I am going to flash this once I get my note 2.

Tbh until there's been some discussion about what should be in and what should be out the light version is not recommended. There's literally too many apps and too many Samsung goodies to know whats right to remove.
The once we agree on the best minimum apps for a base, I'll just use that for updates and the other apps can come in a range flashable packages.
For now the recommended way to debloat is just use titanium backup.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Those few who have downloaded the Light version, how is it? Did it boot? I remove anything that needs putting back in? Is there anything still there you would consider bloat?

snabben

May 21, 2012
GBG
Will cirtainly try it but my phone is acting up. It refuces to use 4g, it goes like a jojo between e/g/3g/h and thats when its connected. Most of the dsy its out of service :) so need to return it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
He's talking about the multiview mod for any app which I'm disappointed to hear doesn't work but its because this is an old version.
But the newest EE version I have found.
I'll find the latest version and rebrand it.

Reactions: KCA. and wrapper

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Should have ALJ4 uploaded tomorrow.

Edit:

Dang the re branding broke s note. Can't fix until tomorrow. Probably just need to push a different s note app (has someone optimised that awful app yet?)
It's uploading anyway if it doesn't fail I'll post link but flashing it without at least removing the s note app will result in infinite FCs. It's otherwise untested.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCA. and wrapper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello N7105 owners,

DISCLAIMER:
    By reading this post, downloading any of the links, or acting on it in anyway you accept full responsibility for the outcome. I strongly suggest you do not download this ROM but that's just my opinion.

What this is:

This is EE's (UK operator)(formally Orange & T-Mobile) stock ROM for the GT-N7105 or Galaxy Note 2 LTE International - N7105XXXALIJ
    Stock Kernel
    Rooted
    Busybox
    Fully deodexed
    Zip aligned
    Some bloatware removed. (Light version)

What you would need:
    Custom recovery (CWM) <-- See other threads for the how-to I might post a link later.

What you would do:
    Download .zip
    While waiting... it's big (sorry) ... do a nandroid <-- Google it.
    Put .zip onto external SD Card (internal would be fine too but I think if you full wiped it'd get deleted and your panties would twist)
    Flash .zip
    Wait... remember it's big (sorry)
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Reboot
    Enjoy

What else you would want to do:
    Flash a different Kernel - there's only one floating around for now.
    Use a storage data swap - two options
    Use performance scripts, see around there are lots and they'll work best with a different kernel with init.d support - there is a thread with an how-to for getting support with any kernel/ROM and I tried it but failed. I didn't try hard.
    Wipe Data - this shouldn't be necessary as your phone will already be on a stock ROM.

What I would like you to do:
    Make themes and I'll link them in post 2
    Tell me what default apps you want back or what taken away.
    Post links to other stock ROMs you'd like made more convenient (that's all this is btw because it's no different than rooting etc yourself after the fact).
    Talk about N7105 development - we all want proper Dev support and built from source roms.

What I don't want you to do:
    Expect anything from me.
    Flash this thinking it's something special, or that I'm a dev, or think that this is counts as actual development.

Credits:
    I'll update this - but in order of significance:
    Torvalds
    The GPL
    Google
    Samsung
    dsixda
    carl1961

Downloads:
    0.0.0 - B=Downloads:145 | L=Downloads:20
    [Bloated][~800MB] http://www.adrive.com/public/23eMz4/EmptyStock_000.zip This is what I'm running.
    MD5: 7bdba61934be6e2ec9b21c2437080aaa
    [Light][~600MB] http://www.adrive.com/public/wsYjTa/EmptyStock_000_Light.zip :: Untested - I'm running the bloated version and haven't checked that this one even boots I don't recommend flashing it although that's exactly what I'll do to test it just can't be arsed at the moment - mainly because I'm playing bezomied and I'm on level 24 with 17 shotguns in reverse... anyway the version I'm running will be uploaded in an hour or so.
    MD5: 02706989addb4e4f1055114659153d17
    He's talking about the multiview mod for any app which I'm disappointed to hear doesn't work but its because this is an old version.
    But the newest EE version I have found.
    I'll find the latest version and rebrand it.

Should have ALJ4 uploaded tomorrow.

Edit:

Dang the re branding broke s note. Can't fix until tomorrow. Probably just need to push a different s note app (has someone optimised that awful app yet?)
    It's uploading anyway if it doesn't fail I'll post link but flashing it without at least removing the s note app will result in infinite FCs. It's otherwise untested.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone