• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][GT-N8010] Official Kitkat Stock 4.4.2 N8010XXUDNE4-[Root-Recovery]

Search This thread

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
Just upgraded to 4.4.2 on the GT-N8010 using Kies.

Everything looks OK, everything has been kept.

Only two issues so far:
- Outlook.com app crashes every time you try to view an email
- Still using the old SNote app - kind of hoped the new one would be on here (same version a Note 3 is using)

Regards

Tom

Mr-Kappa

Jun 3, 2011
Just upgraded to 4.4.2 on the GT-N8010 using Kies.

Everything looks OK, everything has been kept.

Only two issues so far:
- Outlook.com app crashes every time you try to view an email
- Still using the old SNote app - kind of hoped the new one would be on here (same version a Note 3 is using)

Regards

Tom

For that, if you have root, you can use the apks found in the gnabo rom thread..

Again, did someone test the wifi to see if the wpa enterprise is working?

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
For that, if you have root, you can use the apks found in the gnabo rom thread..

Again, did someone test the wifi to see if the wpa enterprise is working?

I thought I'd seen a post about the new S-Note somewhere last night but couldn't find it again this morning. The one I have found in a gnabo thread I don't think is the same one as I'm sure it had instructions on what to do with it last time. This is just a zip file, I thought the other was a apk.

What is the recommended way of rooting? Do I have to remain rooted, or can I root install and revert to unrooted running?

I'm afraid I don't have access to a WPA Enterprise, only WPA2 PSK - that's running fine.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

mrgerlo

Apr 15, 2009
Montreal
Hello everyone,
Given the fact that GT-N8010 and GT-N8013 are basically the same device, has anyone tried installing this image on a GT-N8013?? Thats what I have. At the moment running gnabo V3 with:
ROM, SuperSu, Kernel for N801X, WiFi Fix for N801X (as stated in the Gnabo post)
Is running without updating the bootloader and no problems whatsoever, just the expected crashes when clicking something phone-related, can I just go ahead on ODIN and flash this??

Thanks in advance for the advice

Last edited:

Mr-Kappa

Jun 3, 2011
I thought I'd seen a post about the new S-Note somewhere last night but couldn't find it again this morning. The one I have found in a gnabo thread I don't think is the same one as I'm sure it had instructions on what to do with it last time. This is just a zip file, I thought the other was a apk.

What is the recommended way of rooting? Do I have to remain rooted, or can I root install and revert to unrooted running?

I'm afraid I don't have access to a WPA Enterprise, only WPA2 PSK - that's running fine.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

The one in gnabo http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52908279&postcount=2 is a zip file, you just open it, go to systems/apps/ and you'll find two apks.
You'll need a file manager that supports root (I use ES File Explorer) to move them in /system/app (remember to change the permissions to rw-,r--,r--) and thats it. To root use autoroot ( odin is included in the zip, it's really easy) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957002, remember to install with the play store supersu. After you move the apks to system/apps you can disable root, but i suggest you install expose framework and use xprivacy,it's a great app (remember to donate to the developer! ;) )

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
The one in gnabo http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52908279&postcount=2 is a zip file, you just open it, go to systems/apps/ and you'll find two apks.
You'll need a file manager that supports root (I use ES File Explorer) to move them in /system/app (remember to change the permissions to rw-,r--,r--) and thats it. To root use autoroot ( odin is included in the zip, it's really easy) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957002, remember to install with the play store supersu. After you move the apks to system/apps you can disable root, but i suggest you install expose framework and use xprivacy,it's a great app (remember to donate to the developer! ;) )

OK I have the two APK files in the Download dir.

I have followed the instructions for CF auto root, and if I open SuperSU it says that ES File Explorer is granted permission.

Yet when I tick the two files and try and paste into /system/app it flashes up at the bottom saying permission granted, but the copy fails because can't write to readonly something (forgotten the last bit).

Any thoughts?

Tom

jaguaralani

Aug 3, 2007
Perth
jaguaralani-pda.forumms.net

I have followed the instructions for CF auto root, and if I open SuperSU it says that ES File Explorer is granted permission.

Yet when I tick the two files and try and paste into /system/app it flashes up at the bottom saying permission granted, but the copy fails because can't write to readonly something (forgotten the last bit).

Any thoughts?

Tom

Update Su binary, if fails by 'Normal', flash custom recovery and update binary through CWM.

-use root checker ( google play ) to check root.

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
Update Su binary, if fails by 'Normal', flash custom recovery and update binary through CWM.

-use root checker ( google play ) to check root.

Root Checker was fine.

Told SuperSu to forget for ES File Explorer, then tried again and re-granted worked fine.

Permissions are set as per post.

Now for the daft question, I guess I have to install both of the these APKs?

Tom

Mr-Kappa

Jun 3, 2011

Any thoughts?

Tom

gotta mount the /system directory read and write (there's an option when you click on root explorer)!

guys i'm freaking out with this wifi issue i have, it seems that when i try to install the certificate.p12 the system tells me it's installed but it actually doesn't. I'm in pain with university wifi (i use the talbet only in uni!) does someone know how fix or try to fix this issue?! i'm hating samsung and myself for this ******* update

EDIT
didn't see the last post, yes install both. the email apk doesn't work though

Last edited:

mrgerlo

Apr 15, 2009
Montreal
Hello everyone,
Given the fact that GT-N8010 and GT-N8013 are basically the same device, has anyone tried installing this image on a GT-N8013?? Thats what I have. At the moment running gnabo V3 with:
ROM, SuperSu, Kernel for N801X, WiFi Fix for N801X (as stated in the Gnabo post)
Is running without updating the bootloader and no problems whatsoever, just the expected crashes when clicking something phone-related, can I just go ahead on ODIN and flash this??

Thanks in advance for the advice

Well Im happy to report that it worked out nicely. Since I didn't upgrade the bootloader with Gnabo v3, the ODIN process took place without problems. In download mode, the device was still recognized as a N8010 (it changed after installing hyperdrive rom from N8013) and there was no problems with the installation.

1. as posted on the first post by @jaguaralani, a dirty flash in ODIN worked out. wait for the tablet to settle down.
2. using odin again, the installed the CF-autoroot file and no problems.
3. Installed TWRP version 2.7.1.0 using adb shell right away
4. Factory reset and all is good now.

I did notice when I installed super SU that it detected KNOX running, however in download mode after doing all the previous procedures it shows the following:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT MODE: GT-N8010
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
RP SWREV: A2​

So i guess it's not really there. Using titanium backup I saw a couple of KNOX programs that got uninstalled without further apparent problems. After the factory reset, everything is clean and there is no trace left from the phone menus present in Gnabo V3.

End of report :D

Reactions: jaguaralani

sobertillnoon

Jan 5, 2011
I have an N8013 and I tried flashing in odin 3.09 and it failed two times at the very start. "complete(Write) operation failed." is what I get. Am I doing something wrong?

Top Liked Posts