• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][GT-N8010] Official Kitkat Stock 4.4.2 N8010XXUDNE4-[Root-Recovery]

Search This thread

sobertillnoon

Jan 5, 2011
So when in download mode I have no info in the top left. I just have the stuff in the middle. Did I at some point in the past flash updated boot loaders? It was like this before I ever tried gnabo's rom.

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
i tried flashing using ODIN but it failed.

this is what i have in the window

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N8010XXUDNE4_N8010BTUDNF1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

any ideas?

+1. Odin 3.09, 1.85, 3.07 all fail. Of course, I already have KK ROM on my N8013, so dont know if that is "blocking"it or something. BTW, the UK version has Samsung KNOX.

@OP: Thanks for the post, since dowwnload was easy.

someonet1k

Mar 13, 2012
Its a pity that samsung disabled floating windows in 4.4 !!!! so it is a downgrade rather than an upgrade

I asked one of the local Samsung managers about this and he said it was just "the new way" of multitasking because in their minds the split screens are just the same in terms of productivity... I don't agree with that and managed to put more apps on the screen (readable/useable) with multiwindow on my N8010 than he did on his 10.1-inch Tab 4, but there we are. "You can switch between opened apps on one of the screens so easily, while you keep your main app open at all times"... It's not the same in my view but we agree to disagree :)

The lack of multiwindow is stopping me from updating, but I saw that @dutchxxl has a way around it so I may just pull the trigger on the update...

Are/Will these new ROMs be available OTA? My N8010 is with PHN CSC and but the tablet keeps saying there's nothing new for me... It updated with no problems from ICS to JB OTA a while back...

Reactions: raghavan_nvr

raghavan_nvr

Aug 5, 2010
GRENOBLE
www.flickr.com
I asked one of the local Samsung managers about this and he said it was just "the new way" of multitasking because in their minds the split screens are just the same in terms of productivity... I don't agree with that and managed to put more apps on the screen (readable/useable) with multiwindow on my N8010 than he did on his 10.1-inch Tab 4, but there we are. "You can switch between opened apps on one of the screens so easily, while you keep your main app open at all times"... It's not the same in my view but we agree to disagree :)

The lack of multiwindow is stopping me from updating, but I saw that @dutchxxl has a way around it so I may just pull the trigger on the update...

Are/Will these new ROMs be available OTA? My N8010 is with PHN CSC and but the tablet keeps saying there's nothing new for me... It updated with no problems from ICS to JB OTA a while back...
what is the way around?
Thanks.

tomsimmons

Mar 2, 2006
Root Checker was fine.

Told SuperSu to forget for ES File Explorer, then tried again and re-granted worked fine.

Permissions are set as per post.

Now for the daft question, I guess I have to install both of the these APKs?

Tom

OK, so having resolved the issues about accessing the destination and setting the permissions everything appeared to be working.

Then I discovered that the sync of new S Note files with other devices and S Note on the PC wasn't working, it never seems to happen. While playing with that problem I also discovered that when on the main screen of S Note on the 10.1, I can't change from Recent Notes and All Notes from the tab in the top left, it just closes the app - I assume with a crash but noting is displayed error wise.

Anyone any thoughts?

Tom

Zheen

Apr 27, 2014
As Sulaymaniyah
Guys I have the Korean variant SHW-M480W which is pretty much the same as the GT-N8010 or GT-N8013. I tried to flash some of these official kitkat firmwares using odin but all of them failed, even after trying different versions of odin. So I decided to flash a 4.1.2 GT-N8010 firmware to make the transition to kitkat at a later time easier if that's even possible. I flashed the 4.1.2 official samsung firmware for Australia. It flashed successfully but it got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" boot screen. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache but nothing worked and when I entered download mode I saw this(screenshot is attached, as you can see it says that CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM although there is nothing custom on the device at this point). Then I flashed the latest CWM recovery, still the tablet refused to boot.
So I flashed the official samsung 4.1.2 SH-M480W firmware and everything is fine again.

My question is: Is it harmful to flash a GT-N8010 firmware onto a SHW-M480W? Do I have to wait for samsung to release the update for my specific variant (SHW-M480W)? because i feel like that's never gonna happen

P.S. I have flashed a custom ROM for the SCH-I337 Galaxy S4 on my GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 device and it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Aldighieri

Aug 16, 2009
Samsung is very very good in memory manage, my N8010 are consuming now just 35% os memory, its very good for Android, my LG G2 consume 70~80% of memory, and many apps crash...

Top Liked Posts