• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][GT-N8010] Official Kitkat Stock 4.4.2 N8010XXUDNE4-[Root-Recovery]

Search This thread

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Guys I have the Korean variant SHW-M480W which is pretty much the same as the GT-N8010 or GT-N8013. I tried to flash some of these official kitkat firmwares using odin but all of them failed, even after trying different versions of odin. So I decided to flash a 4.1.2 GT-N8010 firmware to make the transition to kitkat at a later time easier if that's even possible. I flashed the 4.1.2 official samsung firmware for Australia. It flashed successfully but it got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" boot screen. I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache but nothing worked and when I entered download mode I saw this(screenshot is attached, as you can see it says that CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM although there is nothing custom on the device at this point). Then I flashed the latest CWM recovery, still the tablet refused to boot.
So I flashed the official samsung 4.1.2 SH-M480W firmware and everything is fine again.

My question is: Is it harmful to flash a GT-N8010 firmware onto a SHW-M480W? Do I have to wait for samsung to release the update for my specific variant (SHW-M480W)? because i feel like that's never gonna happen

P.S. I have flashed a custom ROM for the SCH-I337 Galaxy S4 on my GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 device and it works perfectly fine.
I would just download the 4.4.4!! Update from sxroms, here: http://www.sxrom.com/samsung/SHW-M480W/ and then flash that with Odin. That model has the latestand greatest from Sammy.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
ROM 4.4.4.

I would just download the 4.4.4!! Update from sxroms, here: http://www.sxrom.com/samsung/SHW-M480W/ and then flash that with Odin. That model has the latestand greatest from Sammy.

How do you download that rom? I have used the google translator to understand what the page is saying, I still cannot get what is being said. Which link do I click to get the download going?

Will this work on the Note 10.1 wifi (N8010)?

Thanks for your help.

widto08

Nov 26, 2008
Roseville, MI
How do you download that rom? I have used the google translator to understand what the page is saying, I still cannot get what is being said. Which link do I click to get the download going?

Will this work on the Note 10.1 wifi (N8010)?

Thanks for your help.

I have not tried this ROM but I was able to get a "download" link clicking around on that page...

Click HERE for link

Reactions: YOSEFE

Maos_frias

Apr 22, 2012
Porto
hi. I have the n8020.
i've the update for my tab but when i unzip it says -file currupted-
its to flash into recovery?
or odin? cause in the zip file there is a mds file.
if its to flash into recovery,
Do we need to do a full wipe cache/davik and system or only cache/davik?
DO we have gapps for tabs? or all that exist work?
i've the last phillz recovery for n8020. flashed by odin and tab is rooted by odin. and stock 4.1.2
I'me not sure what i need to do to put this 4.42 stock firmware up.

Some help will be apreciated. Thank you!

iostrym

Aug 11, 2011
Hi, Using samsung official kitkat dom on my gt-n8010, are you facing like me huge latency problem when dealing with two user session and one 'children' session ?

Top Liked Posts