[ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 official nightly builds

Search This thread

mariolhand2

Oct 2, 2008
Hello all,

I just got my Galaxy tab 2 7" and flashed with this rom. I saw on other threads that there is an option in the settings to root the tablet, but I'm unable to find it..
I think that this option has been deleted as the versions released, is it right?
Thanks

Jdgp42

Feb 10, 2010
Hello all,

I just got my Galaxy tab 2 7" and flashed with this rom. I saw on other threads that there is an option in the settings to root the tablet, but I'm unable to find it..
I think that this option has been deleted as the versions released, is it right?
Thanks

ROM is pre rooted dont need to change anythng

Fri13

Jan 15, 2011
Bluetooth isn't an important thing to most people. Only you. Maybe you would be happier running the stock firmware?

I see it as an old way of connecting and I never use it.

Sorry but you are so wrong.

Samsung Tab 2 specific 7" and 10" models (like P3100) special features are that they include GSM Voice functionality. Meaning can throw away your smartphone at once with bad small screen and start using a tablet as "smart" part but still capable to receive and make phone calls.

7" is a size what fits over 90% jackets side pockets perfectly so it isn't hard to carry with you at all. It as well fits perfectly to pants what has side pockets or even to normal size front pocket (although sitting is impossible).

10" is a size what you can carry well in briefcase, backpack or even in larger than women party purse.

You really want to use bluetooth to make calls as most times you are on move or you need both hands free, even with smartphones bluetooth is much better as cables are always on your way. Earplugs are great for those who mostly listen music and especially for them P3110 and other models are for.

CM10.1 had few weeks ago a patch to give a bluetooth functionality for calls. Even that it looks it broke then the internal microphone but you really don't want to use it in most cases when using P3100 model, as not even most skype calls are done as video calling (example you don't want to be making video call when you are on store, driving or at mall sitting somewhere).

Bluetooth functionality with working microphone / headset is crucial for P3100 owners and very important for other model owners as well who like to carry the device outside their homes.

And it is funny you say it is "old way connection", while there is no newer way to connect a headset to mobile device to make calls than bluetooth.
Cables are WAY older than bluetooth.

And if you mistaken bluetooth for data connection, on that I can say it is just very special case when you need to share internet connection over bluetooth and most cases hotspot and tethering are way better ways. But bluetooth is much better to share data between devices than even NFC as you don't need to be contacted to other device and you can use it multiple times easily. NFC to start bluetooth protocol and pairing is different thing and is nice small improvement but not so huge as some companies want to promote.

Prizzel

Jun 26, 2012
AW: [ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 official nightly builds

Helo together,
I think the same about bluetooth, espacially in case of 3g tabs. I've had the same Prob with Mic and Headset with my Tab 2 (p3100) uneffected of the used rom. For that I found out it was a prob with the baseband. The Prob in my case could be fixed by downloading latest firmware for the exactly model and region of my tab from sammobile.com and flash it via odin (!!!). Flashing via cwm doesn't changed the baseband but after flashing via odin baseband has changed and phoning works well.
Greetz Prizzel.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3100 mit Tapatalk 2

G

gFrenken97

Tablet UI

Can someone please tell me how to get the tablet UI in CM10.1 like in the screenshots? I just got a blown up phone UI like on the Nexus 7, I tried some DPI changers, the text gets bigger/smaller but the UI doesn't change nicely like in Paranoid Android ..

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
AW: [ROM][GT-P31XX][JB][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10 official nightly builds

Can someone please tell me how to get the tablet UI in CM10.1 like in the screenshots? I just got a blown up phone UI like on the Nexus 7, I tried some DPI changers, the text gets bigger/smaller but the UI doesn't change nicely like in Paranoid Android ..

cm10.1 follows googles design.
use it like it is or modify it by yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

G

gFrenken97

cm10.1 follows googles design.
use it like it is or modify it by yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Is there any way I can get a CM10 build instead of CM10.1? If that makes the difference, I'd rather have the real tablet UI than the Nexus 7 one.

jeffm5150

Jul 4, 2012
Chandler
Build 10-1.20130308-NIGHTLY-p3110 has cosmetic video noise and incorrect resolution during cold boot start up animation on my 3113.

Build 20130211 did not have these issues.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

Y

yokio7

I've install some themes but not working.. Anyone know how to solve that ??

Edit : sorry im using cm 10.1 i did a mistake..

Last edited:

Andrev01

Nov 1, 2012
Gliwice
Hi there. Is there any fix for cuted apps icons in app drawer of Trebuchet Launcher? I mean the situation in landscape mode. I hope you understand what do I mean :)

Andrev01

Nov 1, 2012
Gliwice
I searched Google for this issue and it took me here, cause there was a fix. Just thought that our Trebuchet is invalid or something, and here I'll find a fix :)

BowDown

May 26, 2013
Ok, I tried searching this thread for answers but I'm really am having a hard time... So please if you could just give me a yes or no on the following line items based on experience with the current build that would be great. I know from past experience with CM10/10.1 on my Nook HD that not all builds are in the same functional state.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
-Is a P3100?
-Bluetooth tethering for Internet works?
-Bluetooth tethering simultaneously with WiFi ADHOC?
-USB Audio (DAC) Supported via OTG Cable?
-HDMI Functional?
-Kernel supports charging and OTG at the same time?

Thanks for your time! I'm looking forward to this new tablet! My Nook HD's proprietary 30-pin connector contributed to a lack of OTG functionality so I'm trading up.

Jdgp42

Feb 10, 2010
Ok, I tried searching this thread for answers but I'm really am having a hard time... So please if you could just give me a yes or no on the following line items based on experience with the current build that would be great. I know from past experience with CM10/10.1 on my Nook HD that not all builds are in the same functional state.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
-Is a P3100?
-Bluetooth tethering for Internet works?
-Bluetooth tethering simultaneously with WiFi ADHOC?
-USB Audio (DAC) Supported via OTG Cable?
-HDMI Functional?
-Kernel supports charging and OTG at the same time?

Thanks for your time! I'm looking forward to this new tablet! My Nook HD's proprietary 30-pin connector contributed to a lack of OTG functionality so I'm trading up.

P3100 is 3G model, P3110 is WiFi only model.
Bluetooth tether work.
Havent tried.
Tab 2 have a 30 PIN connector, but I think it does have OTG support.
I think tab 2 doen't have HDMI out. (Correct me)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

KNOWN ISSUES / FAQS / WIKI
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy Tab 2, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10 nightly builds:
    p3100: http://www.get.cm/?device=p3100
    p3110: http://www.get.cm/?device=p3110
    p3113: use p3110 builds

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

p3100: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#p3100/cm10/next
    p3110: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#p3110/cm10/next
    p3113: use p3110 builds

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

b7Nc6l.png

4pUYVl.png

qikpel.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    build for the p3113 is up.
    The voice control, Google Now, the new animations, the "Butter" smoothness, and "phablet" mode are all features that made me want to stick with CM10. Add to that the fact that I'd probably go to it later so might as well get to try it out ASAP, and I was sold.
    It seems like if you sum up all the arguments / counter-arguments, I think the biggest single thing that divides people is if you like "phablet" mode or not, which seems to be entirely a case of personal taste. Even that will end up being a non-issue, since it seems inevitable that either CM10 or some kang of it will end up having a "Phablet Mode: Yes/No" UI option.
    Why not make a backup of your current setup and then try it out? You can always restore back to CM9, right?

Afaik the toggle is being worked one. But users are simply much to impatient.

@all:
    If we're working to slow for anyone, pay us or do it yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    TabletUI patch update 20121004

Here's the updated TabletUI patch. Works with the 20121004 nightly.
    uploaded cwm flashable kernel zips to fix the wifi tethering issue.