[ROM][GT-P52XX][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1

Search This thread

infernicc

Aug 22, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11
my tab is hardbricked couple of moths ago. Only thing I did was installed alpha 3 or 4 and then watched some videos on youtube and then my half charged tab turned off. Whe i tried to turn on...nothing, i tried charged him but screen didnt turn on..then i tried to leave him for one month and after one month I charged it but nothing shows. I take back cover of and then unpluged battery and then connect it again but still nothing. Can someone help me? what can I do?

Odoslané z SM-G9250 pomocou Tapatalku

2010radams

Jan 29, 2013
Workington, Cumbria
my tab is hardbricked couple of moths ago. Only thing I did was installed alpha 3 or 4 and then watched some videos on youtube and then my half charged tab turned off. Whe i tried to turn on...nothing, i tried charged him but screen didnt turn on..then i tried to leave him for one month and after one month I charged it but nothing shows. I take back cover of and then unpluged battery and then connect it again but still nothing. Can someone help me? what can I do?

Odoslané z SM-G9250 pomocou Tapatalku

Its maybe just broke. What happens if you connect it to a pc? What does it say on your pc when you connect it?

igos2

Jul 2, 2012
bug report:
I'm on latest beta + flashed hw video decod zip, now when I want to view an embided youtube video on chrome full screen the tablet soft reboot.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5210 en utilisant Tapatalk

nels83

Apr 12, 2015
Anyone know how to increase a volume ? I just updated to Alpha 9 (P5210). Can't find mixer_paths.xml in etc folder.

You'll find mixer params in /system/etc/sound/santos10wifi (or santos103g/santos10lte) ;)

bug report:
I'm on latest beta + flashed hw video decod zip, now when I want to view an embided youtube video on chrome full screen the tablet soft reboot.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Reactions: nitram12

agentjrt

Feb 9, 2014
Berlin
jrtberlin.de
@agentjrt Can you try to add 'persist.sys.isUsbOtgEnabled=1' to /system/build.prop and see if you can safely remove USB ?

Works damn good. Thx for your support and hard work. 1435179250298.jpg

sashokmc

Sep 1, 2013
Lyubertsy
Hi nels83 ! Thanks for rom, working great, I found other movie, playing in only SW:
Container AVI
Video: DivX 6 624x352 23.976fps 873kbps [Video 0 (DivX 6, 624x352, 23.976 fps, 873.5 kbit/s)]
Audio: MP3 44100Hz stereo 128kbps [Audio 1 (MP3, 44.1 kHz, 2 chn, 128.0 kbit/s)]

MKV and H264 playing in HW great.

imagelost

Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery AL
OP

Thanks for continuing to breathe life into our forgotten Tablets. I am very grateful. I cannot afford to run out and get the latest and greatest toys. When I bought this one two years ago, I was a little disappointed that Samsung duped me. It does not have all the extra features that some others had for the same price at launch date. But since Root and now this CM, its been a completely different Tab. Thank you for this!

danigraham

Jun 23, 2013
Texas
We (husband and I) are trying to upgrade to a lollipop ROM from 4.4.2 on our tablet. Pretty knowledgeable about flashing roms as I have been doing this for a long time. But ran into a wall last night after I was reading a cyanogen thread for the SGTab 10.1 (didn't realize there was no 3 at the end, DOH!) So I had wiped everything I should have already then realized I had the wrong ROM. So, I found this one, the right one for our tablet, and noticed in the instructions for install it said to backup EFS partition.. didn't do that because as I said I had already wiped the thing clean. So then, got the necessary files as per the OP and tried flashing the ROM file and got an error (I think it was invalid MD5), I saw the MD5 link next to the ROM link so I got that and put it on the SD card (tried a few SD cards also) as well, tried flashing again, another error.

Can anybody help me? I haven't had this issue before when flashing ROMS, and I can usually research and find the answer but not this time. We put a KitKat ROM back onto the tablet so if someone could help me with this I would very much appreciate it!!
Thanks!!

*EDIT* By the way, I have the 5210 (16gb wifi version)

Last edited:

shinglers

May 12, 2009
Chicago Land, Illinois
We (husband and I) are trying to upgrade to a lollipop ROM from 4.4.2 on our tablet. Pretty knowledgeable about flashing roms as I have been doing this for a long time. But ran into a wall last night after I was reading a cyanogen thread for the SGTab 10.1 (didn't realize there was no 3 at the end, DOH!) So I had wiped everything I should have already then realized I had the wrong ROM. So, I found this one, the right one for our tablet, and noticed in the instructions for install it said to backup EFS partition.. didn't do that because as I said I had already wiped the thing clean. So then, got the necessary files as per the OP and tried flashing the ROM file and got an error (I think it was invalid MD5), I saw the MD5 link next to the ROM link so I got that and put it on the SD card (tried a few SD cards also) as well, tried flashing again, another error.

Can anybody help me? I haven't had this issue before when flashing ROMS, and I can usually research and find the answer but not this time. We put a KitKat ROM back onto the tablet so if someone could help me with this I would very much appreciate it!!
Thanks!!

You need to odin back to stock and start fresh.

Reactions: danigraham

realGoliath

Jun 29, 2015
Hey Guys,

thanks so much, my 5210 works fine with that release alpha9.

One important thing

The red dot notification point over the app symbol wont work.
WhatsApp, Facebook, E-Mail....i only notice that i have message is the status bar.
Please can u fix that?

THX a lot
Great Stuff

Greets from switzerland:laugh:

woopdedoda

Jun 4, 2012
Hey all,

just an FYI, UNOFFICIAL xposed for android 5.1 x86 was posted here - http://xdaforums.com/xposed/super-alpha-posted-permission-xposed-t3072979
and I've installed it (Framework from the linked thread and xposed installer alpha by rovo from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 ) on my P5210 and from what I can tell all the 20~ modules I've installed are working perfectly, no reboots etc. I highly recommend giving it a try, it improves an already amazing rom. Just remember to have the flashable uninstall zip if anything goes wrong for you as YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: japg2000

michiil

May 28, 2013
Salzburg
Hey Guys,

thanks so much, my 5210 works fine with that release alpha9.

One important thing

The red dot notification point over the app symbol wont work.
WhatsApp, Facebook, E-Mail....i only notice that i have message is the status bar.
Please can u fix that?

THX a lot
Great Stuff

Greets from switzerland[emoji23]
Thats stock android behavior. There is nothing to fix. Its a sumsung feature you wont find it in a stock android rom.

Reactions: realGoliath

realGoliath

Jun 29, 2015
Maybe a failure, please look at this.
Einstellungen, Nutzer Benachrichtigunganzeige, Schnell Einstellungen
The Akku Symbol , only safe mode? I cant switch to and other, only safe mode?

Many thanks to they people who spend many time for this!

bartolomeo999

Oct 8, 2014
great

Thanks for the ROM as it works just great, pretty much anything works but the encoding however it is not a big issue.
Keep up the good work,

Cheers!

keysna

Aug 31, 2014

Thanks!!

It seems like a bad download..Try downloading again and before flashing the ROM,check .MD5 using MD5 checker app and if .MD5 matches then you wouldn't have any issue..feel free to contact for further inquiry

razr2312

Feb 16, 2013
San Pedro Sula
hi dude a try to increase the volume of the loudspeakers i know a have to edit this file/system/etc/sound/santos10wifi but i dont know whats is the parameter than i edit to increase the volume you can help me. Sorry for my bad english i hope you get it i am saying or told to you.:p:fingers-crossed:

stevvie

Jan 6, 2009
Hey all,

just an FYI, UNOFFICIAL xposed for android 5.1 x86 was posted here - http://xdaforums.com/xposed/super-alpha-posted-permission-xposed-t3072979
and I've installed it (Framework from the linked thread and xposed installer alpha by rovo from here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811 ) on my P5210 and from what I can tell all the 20~ modules I've installed are working perfectly, no reboots etc. I highly recommend giving it a try, it imporves an already amazing rom. Just remember to have the flashable uninstall zip if anything goes wrong for you as YMMV.

thank you so much for the heads up opn the xposed X86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, ...
     * You flash this at your own risks
     */

About CM

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information

You need a recent TWRP version to flash this ROM.

Installation

First time installing or coming from another ROM
    • Copy ROM to SDCard
    • Copy Houdini to SDCard
    • Copy GApps to SDCard
    • Boot into recovery
    • Backup EFS partition
    • Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik Cache + System + Cache + Data
    • Install ROM
    • Install Houdini
    • Install GApps
    • Reboot
    • First start takes a long time

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.1
    • Copy ROM to SDCard
    • Boot into recovery
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot

[OPTIONAL] Converting filesystem to F2FS (thanks @michiil)

The ROM has F2FS support. You may want to use it instead of the default (EXT4).

This will delete ALL files/data from your tab.

What you will need: A working PC and a working USB cable.

1. Install the most recent Recovery
      Download the most recent Recovery from the second post. Flash the zip file in recovery. Back in the main menu press Reboot > Recovery
    2. Format Data and Cache to F2FS
      Wipe > choose Cache > repair or change file system > change file system > F2FS > Swipe to Confirm
      Go back and repeat the same steps with Data. I got some error messages when formatting Data but they don't seem to be a problem.
      Back in the main menu press Reboot > Recovery
    3. Install Rom + Houdini + Gapps
      Connect your tab to your PC and copy the zip files on the tab.
      Flash the files, reboot and enjoy :good:

How to get back to EXT4

You will again loose all files/data on the tab.
    Just repeat Step 2 but use EXT4 instead of F2FS.

What's working

• RIL for P5200 (data, SMS/MMS, calls)
    • GPS
    • 2D/3D acceleration
    • HW video encoding/decoding
    • Screen cast (miracast)
    • Sound
    • InfraRed
    • Camera
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors (and automatic brightness)
    • Smart cover lock/unlock
    • Multiuser
    • SDCard, USB OTG
    • Tethering (USB, Bluetooth, Wifi)
    • F2FS and exFAT

What's not working

• Chromecast
    • RIL (for P5220)
    • MHL
    • Secure videos/DRM (Widevine, Google Play Movies...)
    • HW audio decoding
    • SELinux (disabled)
    • You tell me

How to root

• Go to 'Settings/About tablet'
    • Tap 7 times on 'Build number'
    • Go back
    • Go to 'Developer options'
    • Tap on 'Root access'
    • Select 'Apps only' ('Apps and ADB' if you plan to use it in adb shell)

How to help

When something is not working correctly, in addition to common informations, I may ask you to provide logs. There are different kind of logs and it's not always easy to get all of them. For this, you can use SysLog (available on F-Droid or Google Play.

There is currently a bug in the app. Download it from AndroidFileHost. Use this patch if you want to compile it yourself:

Code:
    diff --git a/app/src/main/java/com/tortel/syslog/utils/Utils.java b/app/src/main/java/com/tortel/syslog/utils/Utils.java
    index 40d41b8..80ae55c 100644
    --- a/app/src/main/java/com/tortel/syslog/utils/Utils.java
    +++ b/app/src/main/java/com/tortel/syslog/utils/Utils.java
    @@ -144,7 +144,7 @@ public class Utils {

Log.v(TAG, "Path: "+path);
                 //Make the directory
    -            if(!outPath.mkdirs() && !outPath.isDirectory()){
    +            if(!outPath.mkdirs() || !outPath.isDirectory()){
                     throw new CreateFolderException();
                 }
    Make sure to root device before using this app.

To get the logs:
    • Start SysLog
    • Click on 'TAKE LOG'
    • Once log is taken, SysLog will try to share the resulting file, just cancel
    • Send me the file /sdcard/SysLog/[YYYY-MM-DD_HH.mm]/[YYYY-MM-DD_HH.mm].zip

If you left 'Scrub potentially personal information from the logs' checked, you should be safe.

ROM sources

Credits

• Angel_666 , moonbutt74 and Restl3ss for starting the work on this device
    • Android-Andi for his device tree
    • Deltadroid for his GApps package
    • All testers of the "signup" thread
    • CyanogenMod and Google for Android
    • XDA
    • AndroidFileHost

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for GT-P52XX, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Contributors
    nels83
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-05-05
    Last Updated 2016-05-29
    Downloads

ROM

ROM - Beta 4 (20160529)
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 3G : GT-P5200 (MD5)
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wifi : GT-P5210 (MD5)
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 LTE : GT-P5220 (MD5)

You can find old versions on AndroidFileHost. Version code is in file description.

Houdini (20150521)
    Houdini for Android 5.0 (MD5)

GApps
    See Open Gapps, select Platform x86 and Android 5.1.

TWRP

See TWRP thread.

Other

Flash player (11.1.112.60)
    Flash player for x86

Note
    There is currently a bug with HW video decoding/encoding: you can't have both. By default, the ROM provides HW video encoding but partial HW video decoding.
    If you want full HW video decoding, you can flash hw_decode.zip (you will however loose HW video encoding).
    Fixed in alpha 11.

A bug appeared in Alpha 13 causing voice calls (in P5200) to be muted. It will be fixed in Beta 2. In the meantime, you can flash audio_test3.zip after flashing the ROM. Fixed in beta 2.
    Changes

Changelog

Beta 4 (20160529)
    - CM update

Old changes

Beta 3 (20160210)
    - CM update
    - Fixed GPS
    - Updated F2FS driver

Beta 2 (20151120)
    - CM update (stable/cm-12.1-YOG7D)
    - Fixed audio calls
    - Speaker by default for audio calls
    - Fixed video artifacts

Beta 1 (20151027)
    - CM update
    - Better hardware buttons responsiveness
    - Enabled wifi hotspot for GT-P5210

Alpha 15 (20151012)
    - CM update
    - Button lights are activated only when touching them (thanks to pawitp)
    - Reduced boot time (first one and when using encryption)

Alpha 14 (20150922)
    - CM update
    - Fixed device encryption
    - Added HW keystore
    - Disabled CABC
    - Added stock extSdCard symlink (thanks @HassoNas)
    - Reduced boot time by launching MDS service (thanks to Tran Huu Tin)

Alpha 13 (20150902)
    - Based on CM 12.1 YOG4 stable branch
    - Fixed sensors
    - Optimized zram
    - Added KeyDisabler
    - Added CABC

Alpha 12 (20150806)
    - CM Sync
    - Fixed voice calls for P5200
    - Fixed GPS for P5200/P5220 (still partial support)
    - Fixed permissions for interactive governor
    - Used proper OmniROM patch for cursor
    - Added deadline I/O scheduler
    - Reverted to CFQ I/O scheduler by default
    - Disabled KSM

Alpha 11 (20150728)
    - CM Sync
    - Fixed video encoding
    - Fixed audio bugs appearing in some games
    - Added FIOPS I/O scheduler (enabled by default)

Alpha 10 (20150711)
    - CM Sync (Android 5.1.1_r6)
    - Fixed USB OTG settings
    - Added performance profiles
    - Fixed more green bar on some videos
    - Fixed reversed volume button
    - Reverted power hal

Alpha 9 (20150615)
    - CM Sync
    - Added Stk and SamsungServiceMode
    - Fixed pinch zoom (by CM)
    - Set lz4 compression for zram
    - Set lzma compression for kernel
    - Cleanups / merges

Alpha 8 (20150605)
    - CM Sync
    - Fixed third party VPN
    - Added smart cover support
    - Various fixes

Alpha 7 (20150601)
    - CM Sync
    - Enabled KSM (for real, missed a commit in alpha 6)
    - Fixed audio glitches
    - Fixed green bar on some videos
    - Added F2FS support (needs TWRP 2.8.6.0 V2)

Alpha 6 (20150528)
    - CM Sync (Android 5.1.1_r3)
    - Enabled KSM and zram
    - Forced menu icon (in Firefox for example)
    - Fixed home button for secondary users

Alpha 5 (20150520)
    - CM Sync
    - Fixed screen recording
    - Use opensource mixvbp

Alpha 4 (20150517)
    - CM Sync
    - Adjusted power profile (needs testing)
    - Fixed HW video encoding (only from camera, screen recording not working)
    - Fixed Wifi direct
    - Various config fixes

Alpha 3 (20150510)
    - CM Sync
    - Fixed wifi tethering
    - Fixed mouse cursor
    - Fixed show touches in developer options

Alpha 2 (20150508)
    - Add P5220 ROM
    - Fixed bluetooth PIN and tethering
    - Add extra fonts
    - H icon for HSPA
    - Enable Wifi-Direct for all devices

Alpha 1 (20150505)
    - Fixed camera for P5200
    - Fixed minimum brightness
    - Fixed hardware keys definitions
    - Enabled reboot to download
    Beta 3

Hi there,

Beta 3 is here. GPS is finally working and F2FS has been updated (hope it will fix the problems some of you had). CM has also been updated so a bunch of security fixes are included.
    I also updated the video corruption fix so if you have any green bars please tell me.

I'm still investigating MHL and BLN support but have very limited free time...

Happy flashing ;)
    Alpha 13

Alpha 13 uploaded (based on the stable branch of CM12.1, it will help finding device specific bugs)

Sorry guys, still no beta... and only one fix.
    However I added KeyDisabler, it lets you disable the capacitive keys and enable the navbar (in Buttons settings).
    Also added is CABC (in Display settings).

Development is slowed down (again...) but I'm not giving up. I'm currently working on a clean TWRP version (almost done ;)).

Thanks again for all the reports !

Happy flashing