- Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Busybox added
- unbranded, boot sound renamed
- without any mods
- new bootloader isn't included!
- 5 Shortcuts possible add on Lockscreen
- defaultly set EN language, multilingual

All next it’s on your own risk!!!

About bootloaders:
- if you ever flash 4.3 or 4.4 via Odin or updated from OTA you have new Bootloader.
- if you bought your device and you dont know what bootloader you have, turn off your phone,reboot to download mode (hold power + volume down +home buttons) and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new and you are warranty off. When Knox flag is there 0x0 you have also new bootloader, but you are still in warranty and when you'll flash any custom recovery or unofficial firmware via Odin, you'll have then Knox 0x1 and you will be warranty off - so it's on your deciding. When isn't in download mode any records about about Knox, you still have old bootloader (btw congratulation :) ) and don't ever flash via Odin 4.3 and higher firmware - it's a pity.
PS: exit from download mode: hold pressed power button cca 5 seconds

Downloads:

I9305XXUFNL1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC NEE - Nordic countries, modem XXUFOA1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.50 with Boeffla Sound:
I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v5_5BS.zip

Release only for new bootloader - Stock Kernel:
I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

I9305XXUFNJ1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC XEO - Poland, modem XXUFNJ1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.00 with Boeffla Sound:
I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v500BS.zip

I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

-Roms reuploaded 9th November 2014 (fixed modem)

I9305XXUFNI3 KK 4.4.4 (CSC DBT - Germany, modem XXUFNI3):
Release R3 - use on old bootloader - Hbohd kernel v0.2:
I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R3_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_HboKernel_v2.zip
MD5: 30f189d7620db2bed6cf48c34d0400b4

Release R2 - use on new bootloader - Stock Kernel:
I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R2_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip
MD5: 3bdcb9bcb3a18f9f7c85c398e2bccd14

Samsung Hub FIX for R2 and R3 HERE .... just flash it, however you'll lose possibility add 5 Short-cuts on Lockscreen

Screenshots - in 2nd post and in attachment

Changelogs - in 3th post

Customize as you like and wish!
- for good improvements I recommend install Wanam Xposed from market
- for cleaning of Bloatware you can use Rom cleaner from S4, guide you will find there, download possible HERE

Installation Instructions:
- first of all backup all your data from internal SD card, 4.3 and 4.4 has different structure tree from 4.1.2!!!
- if you go from 4.1.2 or older I recommend format internal card, if you don’t do it, on internal card were by me still data (DCIM etc...) and you can’t normal access them on 4.3, but even without formatting you can later move them from old folder to new one in 4.3 with Aroma file manager , for me easer way without format. Also is possible, that files will move automatically – also me happened
- be sure, you have EFS backup!!!
- create NanDroid backup to external card!!!
- download the *.zip file to external card!
- download to Recovery, recommended is only PHILz
- ROM isn’t full wipe, but is recommended if you get from any older
- wipe cache and Dalvik cache is automatically included
- select ZIP file from external card and install
- don’t use re-root after installation inside recovery - you don’t need it, if you'll do, then you need install again SU apk from market
- reboot and wait and wait ...
- enjoy it

- IF YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEM WITH ROOT TRY MAKE UPDATE AND APPLY SUPERUSER VIA MARKET ( then open SU and update binary and disable Knox and enjoy), OR RE-ROOT VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY (only PhilZ is recommended), THEN YOU HAVE TO AGAIN INSTALL AND APPLY SUPERUSER APK FROM MARKET.
- ON NEW BOOTLOADER AFTER INSTALLATION I RECOMMEND YOU MAKE STATUS SELINUX PERMISSIVE VIA WANAM XPOSED OR SELinux Mode Changer .....IF YOU WILL NOT MAKE THIS STATUS, ARE EXPECTED PROBLEM WITH ROOT

- If your camera doesn't work primary flash this Camera Patch. It should works ;) . For interesting here are also older instruction: follow this (thanks @Hbohd and @P$T), if you don't have incriminated file flash relevant Stock kernel from HERE - Wifi doesn't work with old bootloader, then take photo and short video, then flash again your Rom without full wipe with kernel which you like. If your camera still doesn't work :) follow THIS or flash some Rom 4.1.2 (via Recovery or Odin) take picture, grab and backup incriminated files, then flash this Rom and put them to data/cwm. Don't forget backup your SlimISP_XX.bin for future. Problem with camera have only some users - Samsung issue.

Working Modems:
use version for KK from HERE

Info for devs:
If you want use this Rom or part as base for your Rom, Mods, just give me credit with link in your OP ;)

Credits:
@Hbohd for HboKernel...you must give him BIG THX! He is the 1st, who made custom kernel for us on KK 4.4.4
@psndna88 for AGNi kernel
@Chainfire for CF-Auto-Root!
@MaHo_66 for his willingness to test it, feedback and making Screenshots
@FLooDW for his willingness to test it and feedback ;)
- to some others here!
- to Samsung

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GTi9305 LTE version][KK4.4.4] ▌Official Stock Rom ▌, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
kenar2
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
Last Updated 2015-01-28

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 5,337
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 3,856
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,413
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 3,282
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,210
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 3,216
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 3,117
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 3,125
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 3,244
  • Stock_444.jpg
    Stock_444.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 3,755
Last edited:

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
Change log:

I9305XXUFNL1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC NEE - Nordic countries, modem XXUFOA1): - 27th January 2015
- version with Stock and AGNi kernel

ROMs I9305XXUFNJ reuploaded - 9th November 2014 (fixed modem)

I9305XXUFNJ1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC XEO - Poland, modem XXUFNJ1) - 7th November 2014
- version with Stock and AGNi kernel

I9305XXUFNI3 KK 4.4.4 (CSC DBT - Germany, modem XXUFNI3) - Release R3 - 1st October 2014
- version with HboKernel, primary is R3 for users on old bootloader

I9305XXUFNI3 KK 4.4.4 (CSC DBT - Germany, modem XXUFNI3) - Release R2 - 30th September 2014
- Stable and smooth
- added all Stock apps
- fixed apks
- improved SU

Initial Release - 29th September 2014

Last edited:
Reactions: b0li

MaHo_66

Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Now this is some good news mate :good: gonna download it now and if it boots and all works fine I will use as my official base for S5 Elite

EDIT: oke, some feedback on the rom

-boots fine
-wifi works
-had some troubles updating the SU binary, solved applying reroot using philz recovery
-manually pushed supersu.apk to phone and installed, cause play store wouldnt open, giving FC
-updated google play services and rebooted and got 2 or 3 more FC's from google related components
-seems overall nice and smooth
-sometimes freezes when trying to open Super SU app, pressing home button solves it though
-samsung apps are removed i guess, didnt saw it in the rom

So this far of my tests, only google related stuff is not working and to be honest, i dont believe rom will boot if i transfer S5 Elite to this base without a 4.4.4 custom kernel updated, but i'll give it a try anyway ;)

Last edited:

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
Ok very thank you!
Did you make Status SeLinux Permissive and applied towel root before? It should solve SU problems.

Edit: i confirm, Samsung apps aren't included, ill add.

Edit2: added to R2, solved all problems

Last edited:
Reactions: MaHo_66

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
i would help testing but i urgently need gps and my phone working for a few days coz ii have to go somwhere. Sorry for stupid useless post. I will help testing at the end of the weeek

Reactions: kenar2

bestfil

Oct 31, 2012
1. where should I seek for stock kernel (my brother's phone has 4.3 bootloader
2. What recovery is suitable? Like for CM11 - tweaked 2.7.0 TWRP? Or it doesn't mind which one?

MaHo_66

Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Ok very thank you!
Did you make Status SeLinux Permissive and applied towel root before? It should solve SU problems.
Samsung apps I'll check. I also don't know, why is missing SMemo and apks which I already added. The same problem with apps are on ported roms for S3 too :(

Edit: i confirm, Samsung apps arent included, ill add.

I think i know why the ported apps for the s3 roms dont work, probably youve figured it too, because of the s5 framework they work on the s5 roms, but not with s3 framework of 4.4.4, sounds logical enough to me, right?

Reactions: kenar2

muhib.al.karim

Jan 16, 2012
Downloaded this version from sammobile 2 days ago... Seems stable.. Also tested this one.. Seems to work fine so far... The camera bug which I kept having constantly on other cm based 4.4.2 seems to bd fixed.. I flashed stock rom before but that didn't even fix the camera, but this one does.

Just curious : any way to remove all the Samsung bloatware with one script or app ?.. Seems to be draining the battery a lot! ?

Sent from my GT-I9305N using Tapatalk

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
I think i know why the ported apps for the s3 roms dont work, probably youve figured it too, because of the s5 framework they work on the s5 roms, but not with s3 framework of 4.4.4, sounds logical enough to me, right?

no, no i didnt use them ..... now compiling new version with sasmung apps, and with others missing apps (will be contain the same apps as from Odin) - will solve problem with market too ;)

Edit: and yes, for 4.4.4 must be used stuff from S5 4.4.4 .... I think in S3 threads people works on it

If I have 4.3 bootloader, wifi doesn't work? Because wifi isn't working for me.

Yes. Wifi works only on new bootloader, we haven't Custom kernel for old bootloader ;(

Last edited:

bestfil

Oct 31, 2012
Yes. Wifi works only on new bootloader, we haven't Custom kernel for old bootloader ;(

I still don't understand. I don't know which bootloader do I have.

I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...tock-sgsiii-i9305-prerooted-firmware-t1935570 and it says:

Code:
D:\ANDROID\ANDROID-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ su
su
/system/bin/sh: su: can't execute: Permission denied
126|[email protected]:/ $ getprop ro.boot.bootloader
getprop ro.boot.bootloader
I9305XXBMJ1
[email protected]:/ $
which is propably 4.1.2's Polish ROM = 4.1.2 bootloader.

As far as I understand You say that every bootloader which is not 4.4.4 will make wifi disabled?

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
if you ever flashed 4.3 Rom or 4.4.4 via Odin you have new bootloader, if not, you have old.
You can reboot to download mode, and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new and you are warranty off. If there isnt any records about Knox you have old and you have to wait for custom kernel.
I always recommend leave old bootloader, you'll not be warranty off ;)

Edit: for more information you can find here topic about knox and bootloader.

Last edited:

bestfil

Oct 31, 2012
if you ever flashed 4.3 Rom or 4.4.4 via Odin you have new bootloader, if not, you have old.
You can reboot to download mode, and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new. If there isnt any records about Knox you have old and you have to wait for custom kernel.

All lines from my bootloader left top status:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]
ODIN MODE[/B][/COLOR]
PRODUCT CODE: GT-I9305
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (9 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

Is it 4.1.2?

If Yes than the only way to WIFI work would be installing newer (but worse) 4.3 or 4.4.4 bootloader?!

Last edited:

MaHo_66

Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
You can reboot to download mode, and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new. If there isnt any records about Knox you have old and you have to wait for custom kernel.

in addition to your info, AP SWREV 2 is 4.3 bootloader and AP SWREV 3 with blue text saying ''secure download enabled'' is 4.4.4 bootloader with enhanced security, thats causing us so much trouble, damn samsung with their crap of a KNOX and Bootloader****! :mad: :)

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]
ODIN MODE[/B][/COLOR]

Is it 4.1.2?

If Yes than the only way to WIFI work would be installing newer (but worse) 4.3 or 4.4.4 bootloader?!

yes correct, but if i were you i would wait for a decent FW of 4.4.4 with a custom kernel, soon or later we'll get a new kernel one way or another, till then just wait and enjoy other roms. There is nothing special on 4.4.4 and you will be probably dissapointed with the 4.4.4 fw (at least i am) considering we had to wait so long for it...

Reactions: bestfil and kenar2

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]
ODIN MODE[/B][/COLOR]

Is it 4.1.2?

yes you have old, the best way for you is to wait for custom kernel, @Hbohd already started working on Boeffla

in addition to your info, AP SWREV 2 is 4.3 bootloader and AP SWREV 3 with blue text saying ''secure download enabled'' is 4.4.4 bootloader with enhanced security, thats causing us so much trouble, damn samsung with their crap of a KNOX and Bootloader****! :mad: :)

;)

Reactions: Suixo and bestfil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Based on Samsung Stock Roms for GTI9305:

- Stable and smooth
    - Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Busybox added
    - unbranded, boot sound renamed
    - without any mods
    - new bootloader isn't included!
    - 5 Shortcuts possible add on Lockscreen
    - defaultly set EN language, multilingual

All next it’s on your own risk!!!

About bootloaders:
    - if you ever flash 4.3 or 4.4 via Odin or updated from OTA you have new Bootloader.
    - if you bought your device and you dont know what bootloader you have, turn off your phone,reboot to download mode (hold power + volume down +home buttons) and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new and you are warranty off. When Knox flag is there 0x0 you have also new bootloader, but you are still in warranty and when you'll flash any custom recovery or unofficial firmware via Odin, you'll have then Knox 0x1 and you will be warranty off - so it's on your deciding. When isn't in download mode any records about about Knox, you still have old bootloader (btw congratulation :) ) and don't ever flash via Odin 4.3 and higher firmware - it's a pity.
    PS: exit from download mode: hold pressed power button cca 5 seconds

Downloads:

I9305XXUFNL1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC NEE - Nordic countries, modem XXUFOA1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.50 with Boeffla Sound:
    I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v5_5BS.zip

I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

I9305XXUFNJ1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC XEO - Poland, modem XXUFNJ1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.00 with Boeffla Sound:
    I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v500BS.zip

I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

-Roms reuploaded 9th November 2014 (fixed modem)

I9305XXUFNI3 KK 4.4.4 (CSC DBT - Germany, modem XXUFNI3):
    Release R3 - use on old bootloader - Hbohd kernel v0.2:
    I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R3_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_HboKernel_v2.zip
    MD5: 30f189d7620db2bed6cf48c34d0400b4

Release R2 - use on new bootloader - Stock Kernel:
    I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R2_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip
    MD5: 3bdcb9bcb3a18f9f7c85c398e2bccd14

Samsung Hub FIX for R2 and R3 HERE .... just flash it, however you'll lose possibility add 5 Short-cuts on Lockscreen

Screenshots - in 2nd post and in attachment

Changelogs - in 3th post

Customize as you like and wish!
    - for good improvements I recommend install Wanam Xposed from market
    - for cleaning of Bloatware you can use Rom cleaner from S4, guide you will find there, download possible HERE

Installation Instructions:
    - first of all backup all your data from internal SD card, 4.3 and 4.4 has different structure tree from 4.1.2!!!
    - if you go from 4.1.2 or older I recommend format internal card, if you don’t do it, on internal card were by me still data (DCIM etc...) and you can’t normal access them on 4.3, but even without formatting you can later move them from old folder to new one in 4.3 with Aroma file manager , for me easer way without format. Also is possible, that files will move automatically – also me happened
    - be sure, you have EFS backup!!!
    - create NanDroid backup to external card!!!
    - download the *.zip file to external card!
    - download to Recovery, recommended is only PHILz
    - ROM isn’t full wipe, but is recommended if you get from any older
    - wipe cache and Dalvik cache is automatically included
    - select ZIP file from external card and install
    - don’t use re-root after installation inside recovery - you don’t need it, if you'll do, then you need install again SU apk from market
    - reboot and wait and wait ...
    - enjoy it

- IF YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEM WITH ROOT TRY MAKE UPDATE AND APPLY SUPERUSER VIA MARKET ( then open SU and update binary and disable Knox and enjoy), OR RE-ROOT VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY (only PhilZ is recommended), THEN YOU HAVE TO AGAIN INSTALL AND APPLY SUPERUSER APK FROM MARKET.
    - ON NEW BOOTLOADER AFTER INSTALLATION I RECOMMEND YOU MAKE STATUS SELINUX PERMISSIVE VIA WANAM XPOSED OR SELinux Mode Changer .....IF YOU WILL NOT MAKE THIS STATUS, ARE EXPECTED PROBLEM WITH ROOT

- If your camera doesn't work primary flash this Camera Patch. It should works ;) . For interesting here are also older instruction: follow this (thanks @Hbohd and @P$T), if you don't have incriminated file flash relevant Stock kernel from HERE - Wifi doesn't work with old bootloader, then take photo and short video, then flash again your Rom without full wipe with kernel which you like. If your camera still doesn't work :) follow THIS or flash some Rom 4.1.2 (via Recovery or Odin) take picture, grab and backup incriminated files, then flash this Rom and put them to data/cwm. Don't forget backup your SlimISP_XX.bin for future. Problem with camera have only some users - Samsung issue.

Working Modems:
    use version for KK from HERE

Info for devs:
    If you want use this Rom or part as base for your Rom, Mods, just give me credit with link in your OP ;)

Credits:
    @Hbohd for HboKernel...you must give him BIG THX! He is the 1st, who made custom kernel for us on KK 4.4.4
    @psndna88 for AGNi kernel
    @Chainfire for CF-Auto-Root!
    @MaHo_66 for his willingness to test it, feedback and making Screenshots
    @FLooDW for his willingness to test it and feedback ;)
    - to some others here!
    - to Samsung

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][GTi9305 LTE version][KK4.4.4] ▌Official Stock Rom ▌, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    kenar2
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2015-01-28
    @kenar2 I had issues with a 4.3 modem as well, I9305TDVUENC1 (not on this build, the one I'm working on, but it would be a possible common issue). It did eventually work, however it took a while to find the carrier properly.

So, what I did was flash the 4.4.4 XXUFNI3 modem and that solved the issue, picks it up straight away.

Maybe these new 4.4.x modems have something new to go alongside the 4.4.x Firmware. I had no issues in the past with 4.1.2 modems on 4.3 Firmware, but this new 4.4.x FW seems to be completely different. Even the kernels seem different as Hbohd has encountered.

Also many thanks for helping out the community with this stock ROM. I'll start work on a custom ROM soon, I'll be able to get a good portion of the work done with the kernel Hbohd has provided. I'll probably wait until there is a proper custom kernel released before bringing out the next TGP (which will reach v20, damn lol) but if it takes too long I can always put it out with the existing kernels.

Depending on which way I go, this may be my last contribution on the S3. Tomorrow morning I am getting delivered my S5, the only thing is I haven't decided yet whether or not to mod it, since unlike the S3 you can't reverse the modding you've done, and it's on a 2yr contract (just scared the phone will break physically or hardware-wise and I need to get it fixed under warranty)
    Screenshots:

MSr.jpg
    to OP added Release R3
    - version with HboKernel, primary is R3 for users on old bootloader

to OP added links for working kernels
    - Stock and HboKernel

big credits @Hbohd for HboKernel and to others users[/MENTION] here :good:
    Now this is some good news mate :good: gonna download it now and if it boots and all works fine I will use as my official base for S5 Elite

EDIT: oke, some feedback on the rom

-boots fine
    -wifi works
    -had some troubles updating the SU binary, solved applying reroot using philz recovery
    -manually pushed supersu.apk to phone and installed, cause play store wouldnt open, giving FC
    -updated google play services and rebooted and got 2 or 3 more FC's from google related components
    -seems overall nice and smooth
    -sometimes freezes when trying to open Super SU app, pressing home button solves it though
    -samsung apps are removed i guess, didnt saw it in the rom

So this far of my tests, only google related stuff is not working and to be honest, i dont believe rom will boot if i transfer S5 Elite to this base without a 4.4.4 custom kernel updated, but i'll give it a try anyway ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone