[ROM][GTi9305][XXUFNL1]23.1.2014[KK4.4.4] ▌Official Stock Rom ▌

Search This thread

MaHo_66

Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Has anyone been able to successfully flash this using CWM ?
I'm currently using CM11 and the notes only recomments Philz, so I'm not sure if my CWM recovery can handle this.

Make a nandroid backup in CWM recovery to your sd card, just for incase if it doesnt flash, then try to flash this rom, if it doesnt flash you can always restore your current rom back and try it with Philz recovery if you want :good:

Reactions: squeeworm

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
Last edited:
Reactions: LeoDeos and woodman

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Huawei P9 Lite
I9305XXUFNL1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC NEE - Nordic countries, modem XXUFOA1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.50 with Boeffla Sound:
I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v5_5BS.zip

Release only for new bootloader - Stock Kernel:
I9305XXUFNL1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

PS. I didn't tested (no more I9305), so pls leave here feedback ;)
Hi Boss ;) , thanks for this.
If I have time, I'll test it.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

PS : it was a message from Mr Joker. But it was not a joke this time. I'll test both versions since I have latest bootloader. :)

Reactions: kenar2

woodman

Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Huawei P9 Lite

PS. I didn't test (no more I9305), so pls leave here feedback ;)

Everything seems OK with both builds. :good:

Only thing is that Samsung still doesn't have fixed the following issue I've already reported before : "NFC turns ON itself after bluetooth pair and Connect, then bluetooth OFF (post 233 in AMCHA KK thread)"

View attachment 3129719 View attachment 3129720

Reactions: kenar2

kenar2

Oct 31, 2011
Czech Republic
Im not sure, i fully understand you question. Yes supported Triangle Away, but if I'm not wrong, on new 4.3. and 4.4 bootloaders doesn't work. So when you're on old bootloader, then no problem.

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Hello.

First of all, congratulations on the great job you have here.

Secondly I flashed the brand new 4.4 and I have the Knox bootloader. I flashed the rom via Philz Rec. and did not accept the root request via recovery. Rom is running fine (except for windy weather live wallpaper that FCs when I select it) but although SuperSU is installed when I open the app it says that the binaries are not installed. What do you recommend? I tried rooting with CF Auto Root but now the SuperSU app keeps force closing.

Keep up the good work mate :good:

woodman

Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Huawei P9 Lite
Hello.

Secondly I flashed the brand new 4.4 and I have the Knox bootloader. I flashed the rom via Philz Rec. and did not accept the root request via recovery. Rom is running fine (except for windy weather live wallpaper that FCs when I select it) but although SuperSU is installed when I open the app it says that the binaries are not installed. What do you recommend? I tried rooting with CF Auto Root but now the SuperSU app keeps force closing.

Hi,
You have first to use re-root command in philz settings. Then install again superSU on playstore. Finally, open SuperSU, install binaries when asked and reboot. You're done.

Reactions: MaHo_66

MaHo_66

Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Hello.

Enter philz recovery and then there is a option to reinstall supersu in philz settings, do that and boot back to the rom and install supersu from playstore, open the app and update the supersu binary, just follow instructions that are given, that should do the trick ;)

Reactions: woodman

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Guys thanks for the quick reply.

With regards to the SuperSU. Thing is it is already installed from scratch in the rom. I cannot unistall it from the app manager so how could I install it again from the playstore? :confused:

woodman

Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Huawei P9 Lite
Enter philz recovery and then there is a option to reinstall supersu in philz settings, do that and boot back to the rom and install supersu from playstore, open the app and update the supersu binary, just follow instructions that are given, that should do the trick ;)
Hi mate ;)
I've been faster than you. :D

Reactions: MaHo_66

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Nevermind. i just ran the re-root from Philz and it deleted the supersu apk from the system. I am now updating the binaries. Thank you for your help :D

About the windy weather wallpaper, is there a fix for the FC? :cowboy:

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Good Morning FLooDW,

I think I caught a "situation", it is not exactly a bug but something I believe that can be configured on the CSC.
On previous samsung roms I had the option in the SMS app not to convert long texts into MMS. On your Rom there's no such option. Is there a way to activate it?

And with regards to the the live wallpaper, is there a fix for the force close?

woodman

Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Huawei P9 Lite
Good Morning FLooDW,

I think I caught a "situation", it is not exactly a bug but something I believe that can be configured on the CSC.
On previous samsung roms I had the option in the SMS app not to convert long texts into MMS. On your Rom there's no such option. Is there a way to activate it?

And with regards to the the live wallpaper, is there a fix for the force close?

About live wallpaper, I'm sorry but I don't use it. I have no idea why it FCs. Is it happening even after full wipe ?

About message app and sms/mms conversion disabling, yes I think it's CSC related. The only way I know would be is to extract feature.xml from ROM.zip (system\csc), then edit as you want and then push it in system\csc with right permissions. Finally, reboot.
If it doesn't work after reboot, maybe you have to do full wipe to take into account changes.

I've checked a modified feature.xml from other ROM, i can see for instance what follows that could be interesting for you to include in feature.xml :

Code:
<!-- Message -->
<CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>999</CscFeature_Message_RecipientLimit>
<CscFeature_Message_SmsToMmsTextThreshold>999</CscFeature_Message_SmsToMmsTextThreshold>
<CscFeature_Message_MaxSlideCount>999</CscFeature_Message_MaxSlideCount>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableConvertingEffectBetweenSMSMMS>
<CscFeature_Message_DisableSmsToMmsConversionByTextInput>true</CscFeature_Message_DisableSmsToMmsConversionByTextInput>

But maybe boss @kenar2 could help you more do to this an esaier way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Based on Samsung Stock Roms for GTI9305:

- Stable and smooth
    - Rooted, Deodexed, Zipaligned, Busybox added
    - unbranded, boot sound renamed
    - without any mods
    - new bootloader isn't included!
    - 5 Shortcuts possible add on Lockscreen
    - defaultly set EN language, multilingual

All next it’s on your own risk!!!

About bootloaders:
    - if you ever flash 4.3 or 4.4 via Odin or updated from OTA you have new Bootloader.
    - if you bought your device and you dont know what bootloader you have, turn off your phone,reboot to download mode (hold power + volume down +home buttons) and when is there Knox flag 0x1 you have new and you are warranty off. When Knox flag is there 0x0 you have also new bootloader, but you are still in warranty and when you'll flash any custom recovery or unofficial firmware via Odin, you'll have then Knox 0x1 and you will be warranty off - so it's on your deciding. When isn't in download mode any records about about Knox, you still have old bootloader (btw congratulation :) ) and don't ever flash via Odin 4.3 and higher firmware - it's a pity.
    PS: exit from download mode: hold pressed power button cca 5 seconds

Downloads:

I9305XXUFNJ1 KK 4.4.4 (CSC XEO - Poland, modem XXUFNJ1):

Release for old and new bootloader - AGNi Kernel 5.00 with Boeffla Sound:
    I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_AGNI_v500BS.zip

I9305XXUFNJ1_KK_CWM_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip

-Roms reuploaded 9th November 2014 (fixed modem)

I9305XXUFNI3 KK 4.4.4 (CSC DBT - Germany, modem XXUFNI3):
    Release R3 - use on old bootloader - Hbohd kernel v0.2:
    I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R3_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_HboKernel_v2.zip
    MD5: 30f189d7620db2bed6cf48c34d0400b4

Release R2 - use on new bootloader - Stock Kernel:
    I9305XXUFNI3_KK_CWM_R2_Root_DEOdex_Ziplgn_StockKernel.zip
    MD5: 3bdcb9bcb3a18f9f7c85c398e2bccd14

Samsung Hub FIX for R2 and R3 HERE .... just flash it, however you'll lose possibility add 5 Short-cuts on Lockscreen

Screenshots - in 2nd post and in attachment

Changelogs - in 3th post

Customize as you like and wish!
    - for good improvements I recommend install Wanam Xposed from market
    - for cleaning of Bloatware you can use Rom cleaner from S4, guide you will find there, download possible HERE

Installation Instructions:
    - first of all backup all your data from internal SD card, 4.3 and 4.4 has different structure tree from 4.1.2!!!
    - if you go from 4.1.2 or older I recommend format internal card, if you don’t do it, on internal card were by me still data (DCIM etc...) and you can’t normal access them on 4.3, but even without formatting you can later move them from old folder to new one in 4.3 with Aroma file manager , for me easer way without format. Also is possible, that files will move automatically – also me happened
    - be sure, you have EFS backup!!!
    - create NanDroid backup to external card!!!
    - download the *.zip file to external card!
    - download to Recovery, recommended is only PHILz
    - ROM isn’t full wipe, but is recommended if you get from any older
    - wipe cache and Dalvik cache is automatically included
    - select ZIP file from external card and install
    - don’t use re-root after installation inside recovery - you don’t need it, if you'll do, then you need install again SU apk from market
    - reboot and wait and wait ...
    - enjoy it

- IF YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEM WITH ROOT TRY MAKE UPDATE AND APPLY SUPERUSER VIA MARKET ( then open SU and update binary and disable Knox and enjoy), OR RE-ROOT VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY (only PhilZ is recommended), THEN YOU HAVE TO AGAIN INSTALL AND APPLY SUPERUSER APK FROM MARKET.
    - ON NEW BOOTLOADER AFTER INSTALLATION I RECOMMEND YOU MAKE STATUS SELINUX PERMISSIVE VIA WANAM XPOSED OR SELinux Mode Changer .....IF YOU WILL NOT MAKE THIS STATUS, ARE EXPECTED PROBLEM WITH ROOT

- If your camera doesn't work primary flash this Camera Patch. It should works ;) . For interesting here are also older instruction: follow this (thanks @Hbohd and @P$T), if you don't have incriminated file flash relevant Stock kernel from HERE - Wifi doesn't work with old bootloader, then take photo and short video, then flash again your Rom without full wipe with kernel which you like. If your camera still doesn't work :) follow THIS or flash some Rom 4.1.2 (via Recovery or Odin) take picture, grab and backup incriminated files, then flash this Rom and put them to data/cwm. Don't forget backup your SlimISP_XX.bin for future. Problem with camera have only some users - Samsung issue.

Working Modems:
    use version for KK from HERE

Info for devs:
    If you want use this Rom or part as base for your Rom, Mods, just give me credit with link in your OP ;)

Credits:
    @Hbohd for HboKernel...you must give him BIG THX! He is the 1st, who made custom kernel for us on KK 4.4.4
    @psndna88 for AGNi kernel
    @Chainfire for CF-Auto-Root!
    @MaHo_66 for his willingness to test it, feedback and making Screenshots
    @FLooDW for his willingness to test it and feedback ;)
    - to some others here!
    - to Samsung

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][GTi9305 LTE version][KK4.4.4] ▌Official Stock Rom ▌, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    kenar2
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2015-01-28
    @kenar2 I had issues with a 4.3 modem as well, I9305TDVUENC1 (not on this build, the one I'm working on, but it would be a possible common issue). It did eventually work, however it took a while to find the carrier properly.

So, what I did was flash the 4.4.4 XXUFNI3 modem and that solved the issue, picks it up straight away.

Maybe these new 4.4.x modems have something new to go alongside the 4.4.x Firmware. I had no issues in the past with 4.1.2 modems on 4.3 Firmware, but this new 4.4.x FW seems to be completely different. Even the kernels seem different as Hbohd has encountered.

Also many thanks for helping out the community with this stock ROM. I'll start work on a custom ROM soon, I'll be able to get a good portion of the work done with the kernel Hbohd has provided. I'll probably wait until there is a proper custom kernel released before bringing out the next TGP (which will reach v20, damn lol) but if it takes too long I can always put it out with the existing kernels.

Depending on which way I go, this may be my last contribution on the S3. Tomorrow morning I am getting delivered my S5, the only thing is I haven't decided yet whether or not to mod it, since unlike the S3 you can't reverse the modding you've done, and it's on a 2yr contract (just scared the phone will break physically or hardware-wise and I need to get it fixed under warranty)
    Screenshots:

MSr.jpg
    to OP added Release R3
    - version with HboKernel, primary is R3 for users on old bootloader

to OP added links for working kernels
    - Stock and HboKernel

big credits @Hbohd for HboKernel and to others users[/MENTION] here :good:
    Now this is some good news mate :good: gonna download it now and if it boots and all works fine I will use as my official base for S5 Elite

EDIT: oke, some feedback on the rom

-boots fine
    -wifi works
    -had some troubles updating the SU binary, solved applying reroot using philz recovery
    -manually pushed supersu.apk to phone and installed, cause play store wouldnt open, giving FC
    -updated google play services and rebooted and got 2 or 3 more FC's from google related components
    -seems overall nice and smooth
    -sometimes freezes when trying to open Super SU app, pressing home button solves it though
    -samsung apps are removed i guess, didnt saw it in the rom

So this far of my tests, only google related stuff is not working and to be honest, i dont believe rom will boot if i transfer S5 Elite to this base without a 4.4.4 custom kernel updated, but i'll give it a try anyway ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone