[ROM][GTS4LVWIFI][10]LuisROM Android 10 based on crDroid V6.x

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
The 1/26 LUIS Rom cr 7.2 OTA update fails with download error - Known issue?

1/28 Edit: Back to normal.. The 1-28 update downloaded just fine!

Last edited:

blackstuff5

Oct 20, 2010
I installed the latest version from the website yesterday. Came from Stock Android 10. The difference in speed and responsiveness is outstanding so far. Amazing how the bloat from Samsung really hinders the performance of their devices.

I did have some issues installing with the instructions provided. I had to format /data before installing to get it to work properly, otherwise it would just end up at the crDroid loading animation in indefinitely. Once I was up and running, I got Magisk installed, installed MagiskHide Props Config and libomcrypto disbler. Rebooted. Ran Termux and elevated to su, ran props. Changed the device fingerprint to Galaxy Tab S5e for Android 10. Rebooted again. SafetyNet now clears basicIntegrity and ctsProfile. All good!

Thanks for your hard work. This is how a Tab S5e should run! (y)

y0000

Mar 9, 2015
New York
I wanna try this rom and i wanna use this rom for daily usage because looks very good with great support. What Gapps can i use with this rom? OpenGapps? NikGapps? FlameGapps?

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
My LuisROM based on cdDroid V6.x for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e WiFi (gts4lvwifi)

Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
This is my personal custom rom. LuisROM based on the crDroid, LineageOS and other...

This is a ROM that works on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e WiFi (gts4lvwifi) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lin...s4lvwifi)(gts4lvlte)/changelog_gts4lvwifi.txt

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

My ROMs
My LuisROM an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device. The LuisROM build server generates automaticly every 2nd days new builds directly from the sources. Thanks to (thanks to @LuK1337) for the device,vendor and kernel sources.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
  • Based on the latest cdDroid V6.x (Android 10), LineageOS and AOSP sources
  • Latest security patches and sources
  • OTA Updater
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Linux 4.9.x Kernel with many mods other devs and me!
  • Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
  • Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
  • Boeffla Wakelock blocker driver V1.1.0
  • More I/O-Schedulers (fiops, sio, zen, maple)
  • Added fsync on/off support.
  • Disabled crc check
  • Optimized for performance and battery life
  • Fast charging
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Compatible with systemless root (recommend Magisk 20.3 or higher !!!)
  • Wireguard kernel support
  • Many other misc. improvements not listed here

First time installation:
  • Unlock the bootloader, 1. Connect to WiFi network, 2. Enable OEM Unlock in developer options, 3. Turn off the tablet, Boot to download mode manually by plugging in USB and holding all the buttons for few seconds, 4. Follow instructions on the screen
  • Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
  • Flash custom VBMeta image ( https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi/vbmeta.tar.html ) in Odin ( use AP slot )
  • After flashing VBMeta, boot to stock. It'll likely ask you to wipe data, if so do that
  • Connect to WiFi network and make sure OEM Unlock in developer options is still checked
  • Now you can flash TWRP ( gts4lvwifi > https://dl.twrp.me/gts4lvwifi ) in Odin ( use AP slot once again ), for convenience you can hold volume up while flashing it so that you boot to recovery right after it's flashed
  • Boot into TWRP (press power and vol+)
  • Install latest cr LuisROM Android 10 http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/cr/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_S5e_(gts4lvwifi)(gts4lvlte)/
  • Optional: Flash Open GApps and Magisk 20.x and above
  • Reboot ( make sure to not install TWRP app when TWRP asks you to )

OTA App update installation (auto):
  • Go to crDroid > About cdDroid > Updates
  • Press reload button (right corner)
  • Select download on the new build list
  • After download select update/flash new build
  • Optional: Installed gapps and magisk will be moved into new system automaticaly !

TWRP update installation (manual):

Download

Changelog

Known Issus

Telegram group:

Donate for my dog Luis, he is looking forward to an extra bone:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][GTS4LVWIFI][10]LuisROM Android 10 based on crDroid V6.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Contributors
8224Freak
Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: T720XXS1ASL3
Based On: LineageOS, crDroid, AOSP

Version Information
Beta
Beta Release Date: 2020-03-24

Created 2020-02-26
Last Updated 2020-03-24
Hehe Sir, I see we have the same taste regarding devices! I used to flash your ROMs on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 and now I'm just after flashing on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 😁 Everything seems to be working fine and fast 👏 If you'd ever build crDroid for Xiaomi Mi Note 10... :LOL:

Thank you for your great job!

Dejavu`

Aug 2, 2015
Guys quick panel is so small how can i resize the quick panel borders? I dont speak about buttons or tiles or notifications. I speak about the whole quick pane border. Is there any crdroid tweak or any mode to make the quick panel bigger? I want something like that https://ibb.co/T0n0VYS

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Does anyone experience random soft reboots? This rom is almost perfect, but this one thing is annoying. Although I use Magisk as well as EdXposed Framework, so the cause can lay somewhere here... But I want to exclude other possibilities

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Does anyone experience random soft reboots? This rom is almost perfect, but this one thing is annoying. Although I use Magisk as well as EdXposed Framework, so the cause can lay somewhere here... But I want to exclude other possibilities
Magisk 'yes', Exposed 'no' ... .. not a single reboot in either v6.x or v7.x

Reactions: Lord Sithek

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Another question, not directly connected with the rom, but... One thing I really miss from the stock rom is floating windows feature. I know that on A11 we have freeform windows, but they have many limitations. I wonder if somebody knows any other solution for that. There were at least two Xposed modules (XHalo and SkyOline) with this feature, but they are no longer maintained and dont work on newer Androids. Or maybe at least somebody knows any way to open freeform windows always in the same position? That would help a lot... I tried apps from PlayStore like TaskBar and Floating Apps, but they don't work reliable or even at all. I'd be greatful for any hints 🤡

famaTV

Aug 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

Fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all, it won't sense that you put your finger on it during the activation phase of fingerprint. I had this issue since day ... used version 6.13 (based on A10) ... today I upgraded to 7.3 (A11) ... formatted data ... reinstall flamegapps ... still same issue. Not sure if I have to go through the very painful process of re-installing stock rom then cr 7.3.

Any help here is truly appreciated.

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Hi Guys,

Fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all, it won't sense that you put your finger on it during the activation phase of fingerprint. I had this issue since day ... used version 6.13 (based on A10) ... today I upgraded to 7.3 (A11) ... formatted data ... reinstall flamegapps ... still same issue. Not sure if I have to go through the very painful process of re-installing stock rom then cr 7.3.

Any help here is truly appreciated.
i haven't been using fingerprint, but set it up to checkout your post and all worked normally & as expected (cr 7.3). Unfortunately it does appear you have a corrupt install of some sort.