[ROM][Guide][CITRUS][Port] Ubuntu Touch - Ubports

Search This thread

SivaMaxwell

Sep 25, 2016
coimbatore
Xiaomi Mi A3
POCO M3
Hi, I have the same issue as the OP, however UBPorts Recovery is working fine. Always boots to that.
If I run: fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false

adb runs fine when in Recovery. I can see the "disk" and top works showing all the processes.

Not sure how to proceed. Tried 0.9.1 and 0.8.9 both Linux and Windows. Same result.
Any help most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Firstly, OP is a guide, there is no issue. You need to wait further after the installer says it is completed. Your phone migh be updated.

And clearly state your query.

If your phone is stuck at boot (bootloop), try this. Clean installation

Install twrp / orangefox-recovery
wipe everything except system, otg, microsd
install android-10 miui (your stock OS)
enable adb, trust computer
now use the ubports installer, v0.8.9 from my instructions.

melbcycle

May 13, 2012
www.electricbrain.com.au
Indeed, my apologies, it was post #4.

The precise error reported is pretty much identical (This is a copy paste from #4):
error: adb: preparesytemimage: error: {"error":{"code":1,"cmd":"C:\\Users\\tman1\\AppData\\Local1\\Temp\\1z2CZhpznORyjIPpqvVgfFBXFGZ\\resources\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\android-tools-bin\\dist\\win32\x86\\adb.exe -p 5037 shell mkdir -p /cache/recovery"},"stderr":mkdir: '/cache/recovery": required key not available"}

The error prevents the installer from reporting it has completed, that is to say it never completes.

The phone now always boots to UBPorts Recovery or fastboot. The original MIUI is no longer available. So not bricked,

I followed what I thought were the steps outlined in the reply (use an older version being 0.8.9). It is entirely possible that I missed something however.

I am thinking now that after the phone unlocked its identity changed invalidating any previous authorization adb had made. I cannot remember if the adb authorization step was carried out again or not. Could this be a cause of this symptom? However, I am certainly able to use adb and even run a shell when UBPorts Recovery is running, although this may have no bearing on the issue (required key not available).

In any case I'll now locate the mentioned recovery and prepare to reflash the original firmware back in as per your advice.beta

EDIT: Further to the further...... SUCCESS !!!

So I download 0.8.8-beta following advice from another post. Then various people had the same issue as me with this version too (so that's 0.9.1, 0.8.9 and 0.8.8) when a person said this issue is caused by infomation left in a user paritition from a previous OS. He said you must wipe the user data. So following that advice I checked the wipe data setting before running. It worked!

I now have the UBPorts Ubuntu operating system running on my phone. I am very happy too :)

Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated and I hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: ong14

svaethier

Oct 7, 2015
is there a way to switch update channels from devel to release candidate channel to test out the new update that's coming out on the 19th?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all Privacy minded users out there.. Ubuntu Touch is another alternative to Android.

THE HOW
    • Head to citrus|Ubuntu-touch
    • Download the UBports Installer. ( See installer section )
    • Allow USB Debugging in Developer Settings
    • Connect to your PC
    • Allow / Trust your PC
    • Open the installer application
    • Select your device
    • Select OS
    • Install
    Installer
    Try with an older version. Last known working version is 0.8.9. Go to release page and download it for your OS. Provided the direct link also.
    Installer release page

download direct link to 0.8.9-beta version (windows)
    Note
    Wait for the whole process to finish. You will see ubuntu touch login / setup screen.

What's working and what's not

citrus|Ubuntu-touch

Thanks to
    TheKit
    Me (
    TheMekaniq)
    great work ! congrats ! really appreciate. if only you could work out the adb/mtp/sd card issues along with earphones so device could be used to listen to music.
    thanx anyway :)
    great work ! congrats ! really appreciate. if only you could work out the adb/mtp/sd card issues along with earphones so device could be used to listen to music.
    thanx anyway :)
    Hello, Thanks..

I am only posting this and had a minor role. All of the work is done by TheKit. I just tested and created that devices page for citrus.

This is possible, big thanks to TheKit.
    Indeed, my apologies, it was post #4.

The precise error reported is pretty much identical (This is a copy paste from #4):
    error: adb: preparesytemimage: error: {"error":{"code":1,"cmd":"C:\\Users\\tman1\\AppData\\Local1\\Temp\\1z2CZhpznORyjIPpqvVgfFBXFGZ\\resources\app.asar.unpacked\\node_modules\\android-tools-bin\\dist\\win32\x86\\adb.exe -p 5037 shell mkdir -p /cache/recovery"},"stderr":mkdir: '/cache/recovery": required key not available"}

The error prevents the installer from reporting it has completed, that is to say it never completes.

The phone now always boots to UBPorts Recovery or fastboot. The original MIUI is no longer available. So not bricked,

I followed what I thought were the steps outlined in the reply (use an older version being 0.8.9). It is entirely possible that I missed something however.

I am thinking now that after the phone unlocked its identity changed invalidating any previous authorization adb had made. I cannot remember if the adb authorization step was carried out again or not. Could this be a cause of this symptom? However, I am certainly able to use adb and even run a shell when UBPorts Recovery is running, although this may have no bearing on the issue (required key not available).

In any case I'll now locate the mentioned recovery and prepare to reflash the original firmware back in as per your advice.beta

EDIT: Further to the further...... SUCCESS !!!

So I download 0.8.8-beta following advice from another post. Then various people had the same issue as me with this version too (so that's 0.9.1, 0.8.9 and 0.8.8) when a person said this issue is caused by infomation left in a user paritition from a previous OS. He said you must wipe the user data. So following that advice I checked the wipe data setting before running. It worked!

I now have the UBPorts Ubuntu operating system running on my phone. I am very happy too :)

Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated and I hope this helps someone else.