[ROM] [GUIDE] - HOW TO INSTALL CRDROID 7.5 ANDROID 11 ON REDMI 8 (GSI but all work)

Search This thread

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Any specific you would like to suggest. I am a light user with absolutely no gaming just browsing and streaming use
ive only used sakura for a bit, but have used crdroid 7.7 07-05 for weeks with no issues (til i derped) and am currently trying 7.8 07-14 but havent fully tried it yet.

if youve got telegram installed, ask them whether or not its safe to convert from a GSI since ive never used them yet so im not too sure about it. IMHO it should be technically safe, but i dont know how fixes GSIs have to work, better safe than sorry right?

Supriyo19!

Aug 17, 2021
Hi, here's a guide on how install crDroid 7.5 (A11) on Redmi 8

UPDATE: THERE'S 7.5 VERSION AVAIABLE, IF YOU ARE USING 7.4 FOLLOW THIS STEPS TO UPDATE WITHOUT LOSING DATA (NEW ROM IS IN MEGA FOLDER, ):

1- Reboot in recovery
2- Go to Wipe -> Avanced wipe -> wipe dalvik, cache and system
3- Go to Reboot -> Recovery
4- Now follow the normal guide from the flashing of the .img file as system image

VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T FORMAT DATA AFTER FLASHING GSI FIXER OR YOU WILL LOST ALL YOUR DATA

Features:
- All functions of the phone work (face unlock, fingerprint, voLTE, voWIFI, hotspot, bluetooth, fast charge, DT2W, ...)
- Magisk safetynet passed without flash nothing (screenshot at the bottom)
- Permissive Selinux by default (in settings is writing disabled, it's wrong) but you can switch to enforcing with
SelinuxModeChanger app, apk at the bottom

What doesn't work
- Nothing if you use fixes below

Note 1: You may have problems with the brightness or sim calls/sms, there are solutions:

- For brightness: Open settings -> Go in "Phh Treble Settings" -> "Misc Features" -> Scroll until you are in backlight menu -> Select "Force alternative backlight scale" and "Enable auto-brightness overlay" -> then deselect both and reboot

- For sim calls: Open settings -> Go in "Network and internet" -> "Mobile network" -> Tap on "Preferred network type" and select "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" or "Global" (try which is better for you) and then reboot

Note 2: If you fing bugs tell me in comments, maybe I could help you (I'm not the developer of the rom)

IMPORTANT ADVICE:

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps, all the steps were tested on my personal device and are confirmed, my device is Redmi 8 4/64

Installation Steps - All the files you need are HERE

Note 3: I did the installation coming from Mui 12.0.1 stock (flashed in fastboot with Mi Flash) and there was no problem in the installation process or in the boot process, YOU NEED THIS ROM IF YOU WON'T PROBLEMS

1- First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover, Charge the battery at least 80%
All your data will be deleted during the process

2- Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post: http://en.miui.com/unlock/

3- Before continue following steps estract on pc "crdrom-v302-210315-arm64-bvZ.img" from "crdrom-v302-210315-arm64-bvZ.img.xz" and activate USB debug in phone settings

4- Reboot in fastboot and connect the phone to the pc with cable

5- Install on pc minimal adb tool (zip at the bottom), flash the TWRP recovery typing " fastboot flash recovery ", now drag twrp file near the command, then vbmeta typing " fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta " and drag vbmeta file near the command. Finished the procedure type " fastboot reboot " and hold volume + on the phone until you see the recovery screen

6- Scroll on the slider at the bottom of the phone screen to access in the TWRP

7- Go to Wipe -> Format data -> type "yes"

8- Go to Reboot -> Recovery

9- Go to Wipe -> Avanced wipe -> wipe dalvik, data, cache and system

10- Go to Reboot -> Recovery

NOW YOU HAVE TO TRANSFER ALL OTHER FILES OR IN THE INTERNAL STORAGE OF THE PHONE OR IN SD/USB WITH OTG CABLE

11- Go to Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Install img -> select "crdrom-v306-210425-arm64-bvZ.img" (Extracted from the .xz file) -> select "system image" and flash

12- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

13- Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> select "system" and click on "Repair or change file system" -> Resize system

14- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

15- Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Flash "GSI-BUGS-FIXER_11_Q.zip"

16- Wipe -> Format data -> type "yes"

17- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

18- Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Flash "BiTGApps-arm64-11.0.0-R19_signed.zip"

19- Wait and then go to Reboot -> System

20- Configure phone and enjoy your new rom ;)

Note 4: I reccomend you to flash magisk after you have configured the rom to avoid problems, I leave you the zip to flash in recovery below

Note 5: I reccomend you the best gcam I've found for Redmi 8, everything works except slow motion, link HERE

Thanks for the attenction​

-Estatè
#Bug_report

Bug in playing video from any video player. Video that are recorded after flashing the os. Backuped videos are seamlessly playing.

And also screen blinks sometime

Dev, please fix this issue as soon as possible , thanks

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, here's a guide on how install crDroid 7.5 (A11) on Redmi 8

UPDATE: THERE'S 7.5 VERSION AVAIABLE, IF YOU ARE USING 7.4 FOLLOW THIS STEPS TO UPDATE WITHOUT LOSING DATA (NEW ROM IS IN MEGA FOLDER, ):

1- Reboot in recovery
    2- Go to Wipe -> Avanced wipe -> wipe dalvik, cache and system
    3- Go to Reboot -> Recovery
    4- Now follow the normal guide from the flashing of the .img file as system image

VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T FORMAT DATA AFTER FLASHING GSI FIXER OR YOU WILL LOST ALL YOUR DATA

Features:
    - All functions of the phone work (face unlock, fingerprint, voLTE, voWIFI, hotspot, bluetooth, fast charge, DT2W, ...)
    - Magisk safetynet passed without flash nothing (screenshot at the bottom)
    - Permissive Selinux by default (in settings is writing disabled, it's wrong) but you can switch to enforcing with
    SelinuxModeChanger app, apk at the bottom

What doesn't work
    - Nothing if you use fixes below

Note 1: You may have problems with the brightness or sim calls/sms, there are solutions:

- For brightness: Open settings -> Go in "Phh Treble Settings" -> "Misc Features" -> Scroll until you are in backlight menu -> Select "Force alternative backlight scale" and "Enable auto-brightness overlay" -> then deselect both and reboot

- For sim calls: Open settings -> Go in "Network and internet" -> "Mobile network" -> Tap on "Preferred network type" and select "GSM/WCDMA/LTE" or "Global" (try which is better for you) and then reboot

Note 2: If you fing bugs tell me in comments, maybe I could help you (I'm not the developer of the rom)

IMPORTANT ADVICE:

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps, all the steps were tested on my personal device and are confirmed, my device is Redmi 8 4/64

Installation Steps - All the files you need are HERE

Note 3: I did the installation coming from Mui 12.0.1 stock (flashed in fastboot with Mi Flash) and there was no problem in the installation process or in the boot process, YOU NEED THIS ROM IF YOU WON'T PROBLEMS

1- First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover, Charge the battery at least 80%
    All your data will be deleted during the process

2- Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post: http://en.miui.com/unlock/

3- Before continue following steps estract on pc "crdrom-v302-210315-arm64-bvZ.img" from "crdrom-v302-210315-arm64-bvZ.img.xz" and activate USB debug in phone settings

4- Reboot in fastboot and connect the phone to the pc with cable

5- Install on pc minimal adb tool (zip at the bottom), flash the TWRP recovery typing " fastboot flash recovery ", now drag twrp file near the command, then vbmeta typing " fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta " and drag vbmeta file near the command. Finished the procedure type " fastboot reboot " and hold volume + on the phone until you see the recovery screen

6- Scroll on the slider at the bottom of the phone screen to access in the TWRP

7- Go to Wipe -> Format data -> type "yes"

8- Go to Reboot -> Recovery

9- Go to Wipe -> Avanced wipe -> wipe dalvik, data, cache and system

10- Go to Reboot -> Recovery

NOW YOU HAVE TO TRANSFER ALL OTHER FILES OR IN THE INTERNAL STORAGE OF THE PHONE OR IN SD/USB WITH OTG CABLE

11- Go to Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Install img -> select "crdrom-v306-210425-arm64-bvZ.img" (Extracted from the .xz file) -> select "system image" and flash

12- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

13- Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> select "system" and click on "Repair or change file system" -> Resize system

14- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

15- Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Flash "GSI-BUGS-FIXER_11_Q.zip"

16- Wipe -> Format data -> type "yes"

17- Wait and then go to Reboot -> Recovery

18- Install -> Select the storage where you have files -> Flash "BiTGApps-arm64-11.0.0-R19_signed.zip"

19- Wait and then go to Reboot -> System

20- Configure phone and enjoy your new rom ;)

Note 4: I reccomend you to flash magisk after you have configured the rom to avoid problems, I leave you the zip to flash in recovery below

Note 5: I reccomend you the best gcam I've found for Redmi 8, everything works except slow motion, link HERE

Thanks for the attenction​

-Estatè
    Happy that many GSI roms are under develment. I hope this phone will die due to hardware, as there are lots of options in future to keep the software updated.

Anyway, if someone intends to try, following is the link of all GSI Roms.

Can i flash vbmeta through recovery
    Hey
    I'm not using crDroid yet, but I've already installed TWRP.
    It is advertised that you should flash vbmeta when you're installing TWRP.
    I hope I can help you 😃
    Does VoLTE and VoWIFI works ? It's a GSI so I'm not thinking it works...
    I haven't this problem, have you flashed the gsi fixer? Did you start the installation from miui 12.0.1? It's really important, anyway, you can try to do again the procedure
    I have reinstalled and fixed it, thanks