[ROM][H811/H815][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for LG G4

Search This thread

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
I'm using the cm-12.1-20160207-NIGHTLY-h811.zip for the H811 T-Mobile variant and I am unable to get the lockscreen settings to work nor am I able to open security settings without the settings app crashing. Everything else seems fine? I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. It doesn't matter which nightly I use, same result every time.

Downgrade bootloader and modem to v10.

Reactions: joselt

TacoTuco

Oct 11, 2014
Hi just installed cm12.1 the 20160210 nightly and I didn't have this problem before but when I turn of WiFi to just use cellular data it just shows an exclamation mark next to the signal bars help please?

dneilan1

Jul 18, 2010
So sorry if this is a dumb question, but my auto updates coming through to my phone are now CM13, but I can't install those until I update to stock 20i right?

Reactions: dcwiker05

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Does the stock camera work with 12.1 on the h815 at the moment or will I need to use the Google one?

No. Stock camera has not been ported to custom ROMs(any aosp/cm based ROMs).

I swear this is the most asked questions. Please use google and or the XDA search tool to get this info rather than repeating the same questions that have already been answered, and again, and again ;)

I'm not sure why anyone is still interested in flashing cm12.1 on a G4?
Development has ceased and I'm kinda sure things have deprecated.

Cm13 however is running strong, there is also an Omni build almost done(is aosp source, not cm)
The cm13 build and other ROMs based on cm have had a modified version of Snap Camera included. It is a rather good camera with manual controls. But it will never equal stock based camera app. On any device, this holds true. The stock camera apps rely on the stock framework files. And it is incredibly difficult to port a camera app to custom roms, never mind not lose quality

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
No. Stock camera has not been ported to custom ROMs(any aosp/cm based ROMs).

I swear this is the most asked questions. Please use google and or the XDA search tool to get this info rather than repeating the same questions that have already been answered, and again, and again ;)

I'm not sure why anyone is still interested in flashing cm12.1 on a G4?
Development has ceased and I'm kinda sure things have deprecated.

Cm13 however is running strong, there is also an Omni build almost done(is aosp source, not cm)
The cm13 build and other ROMs based on cm have had a modified version of Snap Camera included. It is a rather good camera with manual controls. But it will never equal stock based camera app. On any device, this holds true. The stock camera apps rely on the stock framework files. And it is incredibly difficult to port a camera app to custom roms, never mind not lose quality

Thanks for the info! :) My main problem at the moment is the fact that only the h815P is available in my country, and afaik that has a locked bootloader, which means no flashing unless I can unlock it.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Thanks for the info! :) My main problem at the moment is the fact that only the h815P is available in my country, and afaik that has a locked bootloader, which means no flashing unless I can unlock it.

Well then regardless of weather or not this ROM has stock camera working or not.... You can't use it. So im confused

And your model is not supported. So again. Confused by your questioning

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Well then regardless of weather or not this ROM has stock camera working or not.... You can't use it. So im confused

And your model is not supported. So again. Confused by your questioning

The question was posted 8 hours ago, and I've since discovered that I can only get the locked P variant in South Africa. Now I'm looking towards something like Nova Launcher for a stock experience.

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
The question was posted 8 hours ago, and I've since discovered that I can only get the locked P variant in South Africa. Now I'm looking towards something like Nova Launcher for a stock experience.

Can always purchase the carrier unlocked h815 international version direct from LG, or new/used from around the world.

Anddddd, Nova Launcher is not a stock LG G4 experience. Maybe a more aosp like experience.... But even more than that. Nova is highly customizable.

Bl1zz4rd

Apr 26, 2014
Can always purchase the carrier unlocked h815 international version direct from LG, or new/used from around the world.

Anddddd, Nova Launcher is not a stock LG G4 experience. Maybe a more aosp like experience.... But even more than that. Nova is highly customizable.

I would, but I'd prefer to get it on contract.

Yeah, I meant stock (vanilla) Android :) What do you think I should use in conjunction with Nova to get the G4 to look and feel as much like a Google Nexus phone as possible? Is there a way to change the system UI, so that things like the phone's settings menu don't stay the same?

gerax07

Jan 8, 2012
Hey guys, probable anomaly, but hopefully someone can help me out. So I'm on the latest h811 nightly, posted on the 23rd, and I'm experiencing a nasty bootloop. Trying to access TWRP through the physical buttons (factory reset mode) only makes the phone get stuck on the screen and then reboot again. The phone got out of the bootloop somehow and loaded the system, and so I was able to send some snapchats/whatsapp messages, and it bootlooped agian. I have tried accessing the fastboot menu through physical buttons, but I somehow can't, and abd/fastboot commands aren't working at all. Does anyone know what I could do? My phone is also from the first hardware batch, so I'm almost a 100% sure the error from the defective motherboard, but I'm afraid the T-Mobile guys will blame me for tinkering with the phone. Thanks in advance, and hopefully someone can help me out

gerax07

Jan 8, 2012
So, called T-Mobile, and since I changed the system, warranty is completely void, regardless of LG's acceptance of the hardware failures. I would greatly appreciate any help at all.

knutwalfisch

Aug 23, 2016
Does anyone have a cm12.1 for h815 lying around? on cm website there is only cm13 where i get the "setup assistant stopped working" bug when i install open gapps pico

Top Liked Posts