[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-15.1 for G5

Should we re-partition /system for /vendor to be able to go treble and GSI?

• Yes.

Votes: 139 94.6%
  • No.

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
Is it true that stock rom has better camera quality compare to a custom rom?
Also can we have stock camera on a custom rom like LOS 15.1 ?
Atm, I don't think you can use the stock LG camera app on a custom rom, unless maybe if someone ports it somehow?

But after trying the included camera from this rom, it's noticeably worse than the stock LG camera app IMO. This shouldn't be surprising since the LG camera app was specifically made for our device.

With that said, gcam was modded to work with our device, and in my experience, generally produces better results. I say generally because sometimes the auto-HDR can make photos look arguably worse in certain low-light conditions.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/themes/cstark27-google-camera-mod-wide-angle-t3747263

Downsides are that they're split into two apps: regular and wide angle. And you also can't save to external storage.

If you're still on the stock LG software, you can download and install the modded Gcam and compare them for yourself.

Last edited:

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
I've a funny problem when installing a new version of the ROM. This is only merged changes to the tree. H850. Encrypted with password.

Here's the process.

1. Password works getting into TWRP ( using twrp-3.2.3-2-h850.img, thanks @NextDroid and @shunjou ).
2. Installing image works.
3. Boot to Lineage password screen works.
4. After entering password, "Android starting" (or something like this) shows up.
5. Never ending (8 minutes at least) lineage moving circle.

Then.
6. Pull battery for a minute, then put it back.
7. Power up.
8. Password.
9. "Android starting",.
10 System comes up after a few seconds of lineage moving circle.

Sometimes I have to boot again to get sensors working.

Any ideas about what is going on?

Best wishes,
Bob

mie_ayam

Jan 15, 2017
When this oreo release? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_Firefox_20180816-201240.jpg
    Screenshot_Firefox_20180816-201240.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 278
Jun 3, 2015
Questions About the ROM

I have an RS988 either running with the Resurrection Remix Unnoficial which is developed by NextDroid, i have no complains at all but suddenly he has stopped posting and i want to try yours. But i have a little questions.

1. IR Blaster Works?
2. Bluetooth Calls are enabled?
3. I´ve had crashes with onedrive app using RR ROM, i don´t know it this may work with your ROM

Hope that you can reply me because I want to give it a try.

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
Ppl please stop asking about this IR blaster . It was said something about million times about this. Device specifics like ir blasters and FM radio almost always on many devices was working poorly if they work at all.

tavocabe

Sep 5, 2010
Monterrey
Ppl please stop asking about this IR blaster . It was said something about million times about this. Device specifics like ir blasters and FM radio almost always on many devices was working poorly if they work at all.

Are we never going to see an official build because of this? LOS restrictions about becoming oficial are stricter than ever.

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
I have an RS988 either running with the Resurrection Remix Unnoficial which is developed by NextDroid, i have no complains at all but suddenly he has stopped posting and i want to try yours. But i have a little questions.

1. IR Blaster Works?
2. Bluetooth Calls are enabled?
3. I´ve had crashes with onedrive app using RR ROM, i don´t know it this may work with your ROM

Hope that you can reply me because I want to give it a try.

The rs988 will have static in Bluetooth, issue known, no fix at the moment.

Are we never going to see an official build because of this? LOS restrictions about becoming oficial are stricter than ever.

IR worked in 14.1, has issues in 15.1. FM driver was ripped out of Kernel. Both are listed on the Lineage charter as SHOULD. Not a MUST. So neither would prevent it from going official.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

Known items
      • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet
    • Other known issues (same as OFFICIAL too):
      • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12
      • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
      • Enabling ADB Debugging in development setting can cause a kernel crash. If you are quick and press OK right away, it will take and still crash. On reboot, it will be enabled.

Install
    • You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I have a rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date and variant)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1

Sources
    lineage-15.1-20190313-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20190313-X86CPU

I am still around. I've had medical issues to deal with and now recovering after a hip replacement surgery.

Synced from latest sources, including March security update.

Keep in mind you will need to have a Nougat bootstack to get fingerprint working.
    lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

Surprise! I still am here, real life/work is getting busy, so been quiet for a bit. I also try to ensure I test each UNOFFICIAL I release so it does not cause issues. Plus building for all LG msm8996 devices (g5/g6/v20) takes about 8-14 hours (14 devices). Includes test flashing the ROM on my dev devices. I also use a v20 for my daily driver, so I ensure that works as well before releasing things. This might be the last one for a while before/and/or 3.14.

* Updated Lineage sources, nothing majorly new or fixed. The Oct security updates are included.

Enjoy.
    lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

Just an update, latest December security update too.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone