[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-15.1 for G5

Should we re-partition /system for /vendor to be able to go treble and GSI?

• Yes.

Votes: 139 94.6%
  • No.

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

rocketrazr1999

Feb 17, 2014
Dennisport
Anyone else have issues with this rom randomly rebooting and then having to pull the battery just to get it to boot back up?

No, but it gets stuck while booting a lot after I shut it down when the battery is about to die so I can install my other battery which is charged. All I do is pull the battery and immediately reconnect it and reboot.

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
lineage-15.1-20190313-X86CPU

I am still around. I've had medical issues to deal with and now recovering after a hip replacement surgery.

Synced from latest sources, including March security update.

Keep in mind you will need to have a Nougat bootstack to get fingerprint working.

Great news thanks. I don't often look here, but seems it was right time:p

BTW if I was on last version and flash dirty I'll keep fingerprint?
I was unlocking bootloader on oreo

lotan_rm

Apr 2, 2012

I am still around. I've had medical issues to deal with and now recovering after a hip replacement surgery.

Keep in mind you will need to have a Nougat bootstack to get fingerprint working.

First of all: Get well soon! I hope the surgery was a success.

Sorry for being ignorant: what is the bootstack you're referring to? anything to do with the recovery?

Reactions: gerciolisz

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
@x86cpu any idea what's causing this in Android Auto?

Rom or opengapps? Latest version of Google Play Services included in opengapps is a beta. Maybe that is the problem. Screenshot_20190314-130516_Android_Auto.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

obs3rv

Jul 22, 2012
Cambridge
Great to see a March 2019 security update.

Things I haven't been able to get around in the latest build:

• As soon as I make a call, the screen goes dark and unresponsive to touch or any physical button presses. The only way to end the call is to enable (beforehand) power-button-ends-call, and then using the power/fingerprint button to end the call. Calls made using LineageOS Phone as well as Google Phone, with either in turn set as the default phone app in Settings > Apps.

Googling around it seems this is a common problem with LOS across several models -- for a few people calibrating the proximity sensor solves the problem, but no such luck for me.

This was working with stock Oreo (before a clean flash of LOS) so I don't think there's anything wrong physically with the sensor, and within LOS adaptive brightness reacts to the sensor. (For me this is unfortunately a showstopper as I often need to use the softkeys during IVRS calls.)
  • With super opengapps, I have Voice Match working, but Trusted Voice (to wake up the phone on "OK Google") doesn't work (whether locked or unlocked, with the screen off).
  • Is there any chance the FM Radio driver for the H850 can be supported in the kernel? I understand the G5 uses a Broadcom radio chip.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

Known items
      • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet
    • Other known issues (same as OFFICIAL too):
      • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12
      • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
      • Enabling ADB Debugging in development setting can cause a kernel crash. If you are quick and press OK right away, it will take and still crash. On reboot, it will be enabled.

Install
    • You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I have a rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date and variant)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1

Sources

lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

Surprise! I still am here, real life/work is getting busy, so been quiet for a bit. I also try to ensure I test each UNOFFICIAL I release so it does not cause issues. Plus building for all LG msm8996 devices (g5/g6/v20) takes about 8-14 hours (14 devices). Includes test flashing the ROM on my dev devices. I also use a v20 for my daily driver, so I ensure that works as well before releasing things. This might be the last one for a while before/and/or 3.14.

* Updated Lineage sources, nothing majorly new or fixed. The Oct security updates are included.

Enjoy.
    lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181214-X86CPU

Just an update, latest December security update too.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone