[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for G5

Search This thread

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Still not working for me. Still getting the enrollment not complete error. I flashed the 0415 build on top of 0402 and wiped dalvik cache. Anything I am missing?

Possibly needed unless you wipe data (as root):
Code:
rm /data/system/users/0/fpdata/user.db
rm /data/system/users/0/settings_fingerprint.xml
Reboot after that and try again.

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
From my limited use, it seems that 16.0 has feature parity with 15.1, and, actually, works better. I haven't tried NFC, encryption or BT calling, so don't know about those.

The only hiccup I've found is that lineage changed Updater (the app for OTA updates) to require ssl (https vs http). Since I run an OTA server on my LAN, where I can't use a standard certificate, and lineage/android doesn't accept self-signed certificates (easily, at least), this complicates things. Two main choices if I want to continue using my own OTA server: alter Updater to allow http, or build a trust anchor into Updater.

It is really convenient to have a local OTA server, as I have a number of older devices running lineage 14.1 (tablets), which are still useful. 14.1 is still given security updates by lineage (as is 13, interestingly), but they don't build them, which is fair enough. That's really good support, on my view.

Many thanks to @x86cpu.

Best wishes,
Bob

testerac

Jun 10, 2013
Cape Town
Came from Official LG Oreo, and unlocked bootloader.
Flashed TWRP 3.3.0.0
Wipe: Advanced Wipe (all partitions) & Format Data.
Flashed: lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU-h850.zip & open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20190416.zip
Didn't root (no Magisk)
Everything seems to work better than ever, and Finger Print Unlock works (is persistent).
Apps tested: Firefox, WhatsApp (incl. voice calling), Uber (i.e. GPS location works), Camera (OpenCamera - still & video works).
SIM APN for data works fine.

Thanks so much x86CPU and all. My hope it that it can go official and maybe just maybe get Treble.

Reactions: SaidJan

有为青年

Mar 9, 2019
After the update, the fingerprint cannot be added. When the fingerprint is completed, the prompt “Cannot register the fingerprint. Please try again or change the finger”. I brushed the "04-15" ROM multiple times in the recovery mode (including uninstalling Magisk and then brushing in. No data is cleared), and still can't add fingerprints. My device is the H830. - From Google Translate (Chinese to English, may not be translated very accurately, please forgive)

有为青年

Mar 9, 2019
lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU

• Fingerprints should persist after reboot.
  • Pie navigation gesture support

From "lineage-16.0-20190402-X86CPU" update to "lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU", I can't add fingerprints. When I finish fingerprinting, my device prompts "Cannot register fingerprint. Please try again or Change your finger." I brushed in the recovery mode multiple times "lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU" (including uninstalling Magisk and then brushing in. No clear data ), still can not add fingerprints. My device is the H830.
Thank you very much for your hard work.

- - From Google Translate (Chinese to English, may not be translated very accurately, please forgive)

Last edited:

vkeza057

Sep 14, 2009
Sarajevo
Just dirty flashed over RR (LOS 15.1 based) and everything works. All apps and settings remained. This includes GCam. Fingerprints work fine even after reboot.

Steps: Backup, flash LOS16, flash Gapps, wipe cache/dalvik

Later I installed Magisk 18.1 too

It is amazing.

jofa news

Apr 3, 2016
Hannover
Hello x86cpu,
that was a good job.
I did a Dirty Flash of your first ROM (2019-04-02).
Before I booted the first time I followed your tip and deleted the two files.
My problem with the fingerprints is solved.
Also the problem with my SD card during a reboot is solved.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

From "lineage-16.0-20190402-X86CPU" update to "lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU", I can't add fingerprints. When I finish fingerprinting, my device prompts "Cannot register fingerprint. Please try again or Change your finger." I brushed in the recovery mode multiple times "lineage-16.0-20190415-X86CPU" (including uninstalling Magisk and then brushing in. No clear data ), still can not add fingerprints. My device is the H830.

- - From Google Translate (Chinese to English, may not be translated very accurately, please forgive)

Did you follow the tip from x86cpu at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79346991&postcount=201?

So the fingerprints work for me.

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Minneapolis
Dirty flashed on H830 Oreo stock with TWRP. Now it's stuck on LOS-16 logo for like 20 minutes. I can't have adb. I can't boot to TWRP with vol down+power(tried 3 different ways) It goes to LOS logo after bootloader warning. My bootloader is locked.
Anything I can do?

Edit: I got fastboot, but it doesn't flash recovery or reboot into recovery.

Last edited:

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79346991&postcount=201

Reactions: shahbaz.ahmad444

Nedkoff

Sep 30, 2016
I make clean flash (wipe everything + format data) installed openGapps pico and magisk 19.0 and everything is good for now. Thanks again for the hard work.

Scostam

Oct 19, 2017
Installed the newest build. Only problem so far is that every time that I turn the Wi-Fi on it just turns off automatically after some time, usually between 5 and 15 minutes.
Other than that it's working flawlessly and the fingerprint issue got fixed after I deleted that two files.

有为青年

Mar 9, 2019
Hello x86cpu,
that was a good job.
I did a Dirty Flash of your first ROM (2019-04-02).
Before I booted the first time I followed your tip and deleted the two files.
My problem with the fingerprints is solved.
Also the problem with my SD card during a reboot is solved.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Did you follow the tip from x86cpu at https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79346991&postcount=201?

So the fingerprints work for me.

Oh, thank you very much! I didn't notice his prompt before . I can complete the registration fingerprint after I follow his prompts. thank you very much!
--from Google Translate

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Dirty flashed on H830 Oreo stock with TWRP. Now it's stuck on LOS-16 logo for like 20 minutes. I can't have adb. I can't boot to TWRP with vol down+power(tried 3 different ways) It goes to LOS logo after bootloader warning. My bootloader is locked.
Anything I can do?

I found that the device is in the power-off state, long press the device's volume + button, and then plug the data cable into the computer's USB port, the device can enter the recovery mode.
--from Google Translate

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Oh, thank you very much! I didn't notice your prompt before. After I follow your prompts, I can complete the registration fingerprint. thank you very much!
--from Google Translate

Last edited:

HearthC0re

Jul 20, 2011
Solingen
I'm experiencing call audio problems on my end while using any of my Bluetooth devices. (My mics audio stutters, experiences robotics and has enormous background noise)

Has there been work done on this?

H850, not rooted, just lineage and TWRP, no other customizations.

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
I'm experiencing call audio problems on my end while using any of my Bluetooth devices. (My mics audio stutters, experiences robotics and has enormous background noise)

Has there been work done on this?

H850, not rooted, just lineage and TWRP, no other customizations.
It's known issue seems everyone on h850 experience this in any lineage os Rom.

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
Anything I can do?

This recovery issue is annoying because every Google search I tried provided an incorrect or not working method to enter recovery using the hardware keys.

After 30 minutes and countless attempts/battery pulls I found this is the only way to do it

1) hold volume down then press and hold power to turn on phone while keeping volume down pressed

2) keep volume down held and release power and repress it quickly (probably less than half a second). May take a few tries to get it.

3) if done correctly screen will display a message asking you if you want to factory reset. Select yes then press power. I had select yes and press power twice

4) phone then loaded TWRP. I don't think it actually performed a factory reset as that function was probably related to stock recovery only.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what G5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources
    Issues

What is working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
    • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
    • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
    • IR
    • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
    lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

December security update.

I am unable to test these anymore due to the age and complexity of building 15.1/16.0 and now 17.0.

Separate note. I still have my v20/g5/g6 to test and develop on, but it is no longer my daily driver. A while ago I purchased an Asus Zenfone 6 to use. The 16.0 will also most likely be security updates only, while I focus on stabilizing 17.0 for the V20. Once things seem stable I will start a 17.0 G5 thread.
    lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

• Updated to latest July security.
    • GPS updated blobs.
    • Bluetooth fix for all devices (the same as the rs988/h850)
    • Hoping clean flash works.
    lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

• November security update.
    The h830/h850 is listed as 2019112 due to builds crossing a day boundary.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone