[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for G5

Search This thread

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
I had issue that screen was unresponsive after soft reboot.

Also soft reboots was regular.. can't send dmesg on xda app now.. there is many thermal and CPU freq info.. Dunno if it was caused by thermal overheating or some memory flaw..

Scostam

Oct 19, 2017
Same problem here. Also I was unable to unlock phone after reboot, lock screen hangs after entering pin. I finally managed to access system settings and I disabled pin.
Same

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Look like magisk is causing the fingerprint problem. Now whit clean flash with opengapps pico everything is working.
Another problem is the flashlight sometimes is unavailable. It happens me twice but after reboot is fine.
I know this rom is in beta state but I will keep using it because is better from stock oreo.
Tanks @x86cpu and other guys for making this rom
Uninstalled Magisk, still can't add fingerprints

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Already told you... it depends from device. Some of them includes old camera app (as you did on G5), some others brand new application. Since G5 has almost the same hardware as Le Max2, maybe new Lineage Camera could work on it. I guess you need to edit some makefile to choose which camera app should be included in build, it must be device specific setting.

Looak at screenshot: https://www.xda-developers.com/files/2018/02/LineageOS-15.1-Snap-Camera-Modes-1.png this is from new Lineage Snap Camera. My Le Max2 official builds includes this camera app by default.

While neat as that is, according to LineageageOS github, it appears the Leeco device uses a custom camera HAL as well, which could enable alot of that. They also use the "Snap" camera in the msm8996.mk file. If you know which to include and/or can implement the hal for the g5/g6/v20 devices in the common, go for it and we can test/merge it. For now opencamera does work.

If it's just a different camera app, let me know what is is. I know there is Snap and Camera2. When I tried Camera2 before, it had nothing working.

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_leeco_msm8996-common

Reactions: kilm13 and Dlions

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
While neat as that is, according to LineageageOS github, it appears the Leeco device uses a custom camera HAL as well, which could enable alot of that. They also use the "Snap" camera in the msm8996.mk file. If you know which to include and/or can implement the hal for the g5/g6/v20 devices in the common, go for it and we can test/merge it. For now opencamera does work.

If it's just a different camera app, let me know what is is. I know there is Snap and Camera2. When I tried Camera2 before, it had nothing working.

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_leeco_msm8996-common

Sorry, I have no any further info, only asked if you can include the same camera app as x2 has. It's definitely completly different, newer camera app, but I don't know what's its dependecies.
Afaik, Camera 2 is old, aosp camera from Google, not supported anymore.

Last edited:
Ive given it a little road testing, seems very stable, in addition to the issues that others have mentioned ive only had additional problems with the google assistant.

* Ive been unable to set access with voice match in google assistant, returns after 20-30 seconds to disabled?? Have set to default assistant. Screen goes blank in status bar during this period too if you minimise to home screen, freezing?? I have no problems accessing the assistant through bluetooth (button click etc). Seems that this even occurs when i clean flash it. May have to go back to stock and try aagin.
* No night mode option in developers options, universal in android 9???

Thanks for continuing to support our device, wishing you a speedy recovery o)

Last edited:

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
Is there another repopick needed for building? My build fails with error messages about sepolicy and neverallows. Although there are lots of error messages, here is a sample.

Code:
[ 31% 29795/94165] build /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
FAILED: /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows 
/bin/bash -c "(rm -f /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows ) && (ASAN_OPTIONS=dete
ct_leaks=0 /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/host/linux-x86/bin/checkpolicy -M -c             30 -o /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h
850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy.conf )"
libsepol.report_failure: neverallow on line 31 of device/qcom/sepolicy/vendor/common/domain.te (or line 48468 of policy.conf) violated by allow mediadrmserver persist_drm_file:file { ioctl read getattr lock map open };

Best wishes,
Bob

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Is there another repopick needed for building? My build fails with error messages about sepolicy and neverallows. Although there are lots of error messages, here is a sample.

Code:
[ 31% 29795/94165] build /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
FAILED: /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows 
/bin/bash -c "(rm -f /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows ) && (ASAN_OPTIONS=dete
ct_leaks=0 /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/host/linux-x86/bin/checkpolicy -M -c             30 -o /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h
850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows /home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-16/out/target/product/h850/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy.conf )"
libsepol.report_failure: neverallow on line 31 of device/qcom/sepolicy/vendor/common/domain.te (or line 48468 of policy.conf) violated by allow mediadrmserver persist_drm_file:file { ioctl read getattr lock map open };

Best wishes,
Bob
Yes, I tried eng and userdebug. Both ended up with the same result.
We must be missing something.
@x86cpu

Jolt151

Apr 3, 2017

Best wishes,
Bob
This is the same problem I had when trying to build RR and I just confirmed it with lineage sources and those repopicks.

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
That's weird, I've never had this happen on 15.1 or 16

I'm on Verizon, and I'm starting to think it's somehow related to that. I have to dial out to get my cell/data to activate each boot. Really wish I could figure that one out. No idea what's draining the battery, as nothing shows up in battery usage that's out of the ordinary.

Edit: I'm on an RS988

Last edited:

Dlions

Jan 31, 2018
I'm on Verizon, and I'm starting to think it's somehow related to that. I have to dial out to get my cell/data to activate each boot. Really wish I could figure that one out. No idea what's draining the battery, as nothing shows up in battery usage that's out of the ordinary.

Edit: I'm on an RS988
Have u tried changing the battery:)

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester

Code:

Best wishes,
Bob

Yes, I tried eng and userdebug. Both ended up with the same result.
We must be missing something.
@x86cpu

Add this to the BoardConfigCommon.mk
Code:
SELINUX_IGNORE_NEVERALLOWS := true

It won't ever be a pick and will eventually be not needed once I fix all the selinux neverallows.

Feb 9, 2019
Have you experienced an issue that when the volume goes up or down shows the multimedia volume and not the ring tone? and contacts in sim card doesn't appear. Rotation,bluetooth,wifi,fingerprint seems work for me i use an h830 but sometimes I get lag when I try to enter certain applications but still good rom thanks for your hard work, you are awesome and all who contribute with this rom too!

Reactions: Dlions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what G5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources
    Issues

What is working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
    • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
    • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
    • IR
    • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
    lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

December security update.

I am unable to test these anymore due to the age and complexity of building 15.1/16.0 and now 17.0.

Separate note. I still have my v20/g5/g6 to test and develop on, but it is no longer my daily driver. A while ago I purchased an Asus Zenfone 6 to use. The 16.0 will also most likely be security updates only, while I focus on stabilizing 17.0 for the V20. Once things seem stable I will start a 17.0 G5 thread.
    lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

• Updated to latest July security.
    • GPS updated blobs.
    • Bluetooth fix for all devices (the same as the rs988/h850)
    • Hoping clean flash works.
    lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

• November security update.
    The h830/h850 is listed as 2019112 due to builds crossing a day boundary.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone