[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for G5

Search This thread

pedro1977

Personally, I tried to install magisk like 3 times on this ROM, and each time I end in a boot loop,
I even tried to clean install this ROM and then install magisk but it doesn't work for me,
(On the 15.1 I installed it and it worked)
But I can live without it so for now it's ok.
Fingerprint wasn't working or being remembered for anyone. On some flashes it wont let you add any at all or a pin but this is a bad flash, notification settings will also be forgotten in this instance. Flash again if this happens. I still can't get Google assistant going. In 15.1 they both had a g icon on this one Google has a g icon and assistant the colored dots. Maybe an integration of the two apps issue.

Last edited:

golan101

Apr 26, 2015
Which version of Magisk were you trying to install?
1)-Cause if you were trying to install V-19 it bootloops for some people it's caused of patched boot.img
2)-You should try installing Magisk 18.1 and then after first boot up go back to recovery and flash 19(without any magisk modules at first).
3)-Always have the uninstaller Zip of magisk on your SD it may be needed in the process if the previous steps don't work.Run uninstaller and install an earlier stable version

I didn't flash 19,
I tried 18.1 and I just got a boot loop every time I tried

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
After screwing up my install; thinking my phone was hard bricked; buying a replacement LG G5[1]; managing (barely) to unbrick the original; and installing 15.1, then 16 on the replacement (now "testing"), I finally got 16 installed on the original (with my alterations). Fingerprints transferred okay. Most other data retained okay. Trebuchet settings gone, but no big deal. Looks good so far.

[1] I thought about using this as an excuse to replace the G5 with something else, but phones with easily changeable battery, removeable storage, headphone socket, easily unlocked, etc., are pretty thin on the ground. I would rather stick with the G5.

Best wishes,
Bob

Reactions: x86cpu

margiekam

Jan 26, 2013
Is there radio (fm) in this rom?

Στάλθηκε από το MI PAD 4 PLUS μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sdobron

Sep 5, 2010
After screwing up my install; thinking my phone was hard bricked; buying a replacement LG G5[1]; managing (barely) to unbrick the original; and installing 15.1, then 16 on the replacement (now "testing"), I finally got 16 installed on the original (with my alterations). Fingerprints transferred okay. Most other data retained okay. Trebuchet settings gone, but no big deal. Looks good so far.

[1] I thought about using this as an excuse to replace the G5 with something else, but phones with easily changeable battery, removeable storage, headphone socket, easily unlocked, etc., are pretty thin on the ground. I would rather stick with the G5.

Best wishes,

Bob
What did you do to almost brick your device? Might want to elaborate so someone else doesn't do the same thing

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
What did you do to almost brick your device? Might want to elaborate so someone else doesn't do the same thing

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Happy to oblige. I explained the initial problem in post #105 of this thread. It was probably due to building the ROM while not having the correct vendor blobs. x86cpu has since helped me with that. What I should have done was to install x86cpu's ROM and extract the blobs from that. Indeed, the build instructions say that one should get blobs from a working lineage ROM. I had simply failed to take into account the significance of blobs when moving from 15.1 to 16 with my own build. An error on my part, but not a huge one.

Then, to compound my error, instead of restoring from nanoid backup in TWRP, which was available, and which I had done once, I played silly buggers with the misc partition by blanking the first bit of it to get out of the loop. All this did was to get me into a partial boot loop, one in which I couldn't even get into recovery.

(NOTE: What I did to misc is different from the instructions for restoring MAC linked to on the first pages of this thread. I have used those instructions in the past and they work well.)

Indeed, my mistake resulted in a loop even when trying to get into LGE download mode to re-install stock. It got into download mode, stayed for 15 seconds, then rebooted. I got out of that eventually by using LGUP and using the time the phone was in the LGE download part of the loop to move things along. Loop 1 was for getting the device recognized. Loop 2 was for picking the image for downloading. Loop3 was for starting the download. Once the download was actually started, it stayed in download mode, and installed the image. Although it would install images, I had to find an older one to get it to boot. [1]

I generally don't do something unless I have a reasonably good idea of what the results are going to be. The messing with the misc partition (blanking the beginning of it) wasn't like that. It was an astonishing expression of silliness.

Best wishes,
Bob

[1] What made this even trickier is that I had to use my wife's Windows laptop, install LGUP on it, etc. I've been using my own computer since 1981 (Kaypro II), but I've never had a Windows machine, so I'm not very good with Windows.
RLF

Last edited:

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Even without fingerprint set, lock screen hangs and I am unable to unlock. This actually makes this rom useless for now

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Simply reboot the device then it will work (at least in my case)

I even can't reboot, reboot menu option has no effect. Need to remove battery. After a short time again unable to unlock and even unable to answer incoming call. I hope next build will fix that.

gerciolisz

Feb 22, 2013
Gdańsk
I even can't reboot, reboot menu option has no effect. Need to remove battery. After a short time again unable to unlock and even unable to answer incoming call. I hope next build will fix that.
I had same effect when dirty flashed over x86cpu's 15.1 .. now I have clean install and it did not happened . I clean flashed yesterday.

pedro1977

Even without fingerprint set, lock screen hangs and I am unable to unlock. This actually makes this rom useless for now
Maybe Google/ Google assistant related try disabling the Google App and see if the problem persists.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Anyone know how to change default music player in this rom?

Last edited:

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Maybe Google/ Google assistant related try disabling the Google App and see if the problem persists.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Anyone know how to change default music player in this rom?

I don't think it helps. This must be bug in rom itself

pedro1977

I don't think it helps. This must be bug in rom itself
I had the problem earlier and disable the Google app solved it, it may be caused by Google and Google assistant integrating. I assume you flashed nano or higher??? Another option is to set the assist app to none. I assume you set it to Google before the problem began occuring, right??? It may right it self eventually, it did for me in 15.1 but no guarantees, can't remember how I got it working in 15.1 but I don't remember it freezing in that rom. If your on the home screen, the status bar disappears when you try activate voice match, (if assist app is set to Google) and then it turns back off after 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what G5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources
    Issues

What is working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
    • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
    • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
    • IR
    • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
    lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

December security update.

I am unable to test these anymore due to the age and complexity of building 15.1/16.0 and now 17.0.

Separate note. I still have my v20/g5/g6 to test and develop on, but it is no longer my daily driver. A while ago I purchased an Asus Zenfone 6 to use. The 16.0 will also most likely be security updates only, while I focus on stabilizing 17.0 for the V20. Once things seem stable I will start a 17.0 G5 thread.
    lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

• Updated to latest July security.
    • GPS updated blobs.
    • Bluetooth fix for all devices (the same as the rs988/h850)
    • Hoping clean flash works.
    lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

• November security update.
    The h830/h850 is listed as 2019112 due to builds crossing a day boundary.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone