[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-16.0 for G5

Search This thread

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
  • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
  • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
  • Do NOT be rude.
  • Respect all users.
  • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

Install
  • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
  • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
  • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
  • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
  • Magisk if you choose
  • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
  • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
Please indicate what G5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
  • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • LineageOS Team
  • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources

Last edited:

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Issues

What is working:
  • WiFi
  • Camera
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
  • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
  • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
  • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
  • IR
  • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.

Dlions

Jan 31, 2018
First of HUGE thanks to @x86cpu and the devs for keeping our device alive:) u guys rock...now i have a ? What about treble is it in the works? Thankx in advance...

Last edited:

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
Awesome and a huge thanks! Is the RS988 file getting uploaded in the next day or so?

Weird! It just showed up a few minutes after I posted!

Last edited:

a6767552266

Jan 29, 2017
thanx for your contribution to our devices,now downloading.I'm using h830.after flashing I'll provide my experience

Scostam

Oct 19, 2017
I get a constant message saying "Google Play Services keeps stopping". Anybody knows how to solve this?

Edit: already solved

Last edited:
Reactions: Finn99

Dlions

Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for keeping our device alive!!! One question - is there no camera app integrated, or am I blind:)
Or which gcam should I install?
u must be blind..lol..there is a camera installed on my device anyways H830 but the wide angle doesnt seem to be working

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Also the adaptive navigation and notification bars dont respond right away

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
On an RS988 here. Wide angle doesn't work, and the Netflix app crashes on load. Other than that, it's performing well.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: BETA BUILD. There may be numerous issues still.

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-16.0 for LG G5 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a rs988 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

For broken issues see 2nd post

Issues:

Install
    • You can upgrade from 15.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 16.0. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if needed. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the rs988 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what G5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988) and the dated version. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks
    • Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Team
    • @Rashed97 for continuing help

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 9.0

Sources
    Issues

What is working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • 2.4 Ghz Hotspot
    • USB OTG

What is NOT working:
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not (and most likely never will).
    • 5.0 Ghz Hotspot (still)
    • IR
    • Encrpytion is untested, so it may fail.

Anything else NOT listed above might or might not work. I will adjust as necessary and reports. If anyone has any knowledge and can troubleshoot and fix the NOT working items, let me know.
    lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20191205-X86CPU

December security update.

I am unable to test these anymore due to the age and complexity of building 15.1/16.0 and now 17.0.

Separate note. I still have my v20/g5/g6 to test and develop on, but it is no longer my daily driver. A while ago I purchased an Asus Zenfone 6 to use. The 16.0 will also most likely be security updates only, while I focus on stabilizing 17.0 for the V20. Once things seem stable I will start a 17.0 G5 thread.
    lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-20190702-X86CPU

• Updated to latest July security.
    • GPS updated blobs.
    • Bluetooth fix for all devices (the same as the rs988/h850)
    • Hoping clean flash works.
    lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

lineage-16.0-2019111[12]-X86CPU

• November security update.
    The h830/h850 is listed as 2019112 due to builds crossing a day boundary.