• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1 for LG G5

Search This thread

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
@djskribbles for you NFC try to read my suggestions on this issue
before install lineageos your device was locked with hardware pin?
I solved following this post, but I think the issue on NFC was because before install LineageOS the device was locked and the NFC chip was protected from firmware download.
On LG G5 H850 Lineage OS 18.1 works.
I might give that a try, but I don't have high hopes. My sensors didn't work before coming from stock > lineage, but never when I flashed from lineage > lineage.

I have the same issue, but there was also on official LOS 17.1
The recording volume fix, for me, was late LOS16 IIRC and it has been fine until LOS18.

edit: Managed to find when the recorded audio volume in video was fixed.

Last edited:

etmatrix

Jan 6, 2015
The recording volume fix, for me, was late LOS16 IIRC and it has been fine until LOS18.
Only audio recording is good with default app and another app, but with video recording audio is very low, I tried with default app and google camera 5.1 mod for LG G5.

I have another issue on the lowest level volume, is too high on speaker. In LOS 17.1 I maked a magisk's module which change "RX7 Digital Volume" in /system/vendor/etc/mixer_paths_tasha.xml and set to 74, but now the value is ignored.
How to fix it? I hate notification sound too high.

[email protected]@

Sep 26, 2013
When I turn on a paired BT device, such as a headphone, it doesn't auto connect to the phone. I have to connect manually, and if the phone goes in sleep mode, the controls don't work.

I've set Bluetooth and Bluetooth MIDI to not optimize battery use. I've also set my player, poweramp, to stay loaded. All to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Best wishes,
Bob
Hi, Bob. Do you still experience this issue?
I had the same BT behavior as you described. And recently flashed to Havoc where this issue is non existent.
I know that you build your own image and maybe can merge BT related code to your builds from Havoc.
And maybe can give advice to Havoc maintainer how to fix GPS by merging code from LOS to Havoc.
Just a guess. I'm no developer.

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
I might give that a try, but I don't have high hopes. My sensors didn't work before coming from stock > lineage, but never when I flashed from lineage > lineage.

edit: Managed to find when the recorded audio volume in video was fixed.

The current source for 18.1 has the same value as the updated volume in that commit.

Best wishes,
Bob

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
Hi, Bob. Do you still experience this issue?
I had the same BT behavior as you described. And recently flashed to Havoc where this issue is non existent.
I know that you build your own image and maybe can merge BT related code to your builds from Havoc.
And maybe can give advice to Havoc maintainer how to fix GPS by merging code from LOS to Havoc.
Just a guess. I'm no developer.
Yes, BT has the same behaviour. I'm not a developer, and don't think that I could "merge" the changes.

My guess is that the BT problems are due to one of two things: power saving or security. It might be that when the phone goes into a lower power state, it no longer listens for connection attempts. The other is that it might be connections can only be made when the phone is unlocked.

Best wishes,
Bob

abdoistheone

Aug 27, 2012
dirty flash from 17.1 to 18.1 with latest gapps & magisk no problem but 2 of my games got corrupted & i cant install them from playstore...obb folder still inaccessible that's why no data cant be written...any solutions

Last edited:

ElMudshark

Apr 29, 2018
Upstate NY
I read above that there are no "Lineage" updates for my G5 H820 but does that mean I cannot upgrade from Android 7 to v8? (What in this case does "Lineage" mean?)
I cannot find the know correct download for my G5 H820 to take me from Nougat (7) to Oreo (v8) OS.

I read above that there are no "Lineage" updates for my G5 H820 but does that mean I cannot upgrade from Android 7 to v8? (What in this case does "Lineage" mean?)
I cannot find the know correct download for my G5 H820 to take me from Nougat (7) to Oreo (v8) OS.
As your device is no international G5 but AT&T or Verizon you better look in their specific threads.
Did you check if unlocking Bootloader is possible at all by trying to get the code from LG?
If they don't send you one I doubt it's possible to flash anything else than stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

Install
    • Update recovery to the latest TWRP or Lineage Recovery build
    • Format data if coming from an UNOFFICIAL or non-Lineage build.
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons
    • Reboot

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down.
    If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are a must.
    Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988), the dated version, and any third party mods.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. If needed I may ask you to data wipe or remove a mod that might be interfering.
    Please avoid bringing up issues with your favourite gapps package. If a bug only exists with gapps, it's not my problem.

Changelog
    Code:
    [03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/12/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)
    Fixed camera crashes

[04/12/2021]
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[B]16/11/2020[/B]
    First release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge

Sources
    New build fixes camera crashes
    New builds out
    March security patch
    New build out
    Fix kernel panics
    @aleasto do you agree that this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-18-1-for-the-lg-g5.4255331/ is the thread for the official LOS18.1?
    If yes, might it not be reasonable to close this thread to concentrate all posts in only one thread for one ROM?