[ROM][H830|H850|RS988] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 18.1 for LG G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Magisk won't survive if you're encrypted, unless you decrypt with twrp.
For gapps you need a proper package.
I don't encrypt as I read about to much hazzle with that.
But it didn't survive last dirty flash.

NikGapps I've used and will do again, 'cause I doubt it's a good idea to switch Gapps when dirty flashing.

Edit 1h later:
Dirty flashing went well.
"wake up on double tap" 👍

NikGapps and Magisk made a nice show on the screen about backing up and restoring.
Just Magisk Manager survived, but all other apps as well.
Google playstore had forced closes.
So I had to reflash both.

Last edited:

xdafanboii

May 18, 2018
Open Camera (F-Droid) makes both back lenses usable on mine.
Easy to switch lenses and loads of options.

Has anyone tried researching which GCAMs are the most up to date and stable and which work with 18.1?

Also can something be done about IR blaster issues? (i.e. once the IR blaster is set off, it works for one time and stops working until you restart the device). You can actually see the IR blaster flashes, so I watched how it works through another phone's camera. After the first blast (which looks normal), it 'hangs' and emits flashes every couple of seconds and it doesn't stop until you restart the device. Closing app does nothing. Even days after the first use, it just continues flashing over and over again. It would be the same if you turned on the flashlight, got it working for a few seconds and after that, the flashlight continued to turn on itself for a brief second and then off again. It would stop responding and 'hanged' in that state, until you restarted the phone.

I haven't tried flashing 18.1 yet but I assume the issue is still there from the 17.1. It would be awesome if the issue was finally fixed.

Reactions: DrowningInFreedom
After some substantial BT merges, 18.1 no longer builds. It could be a local problem, but I can't find it. I tried a clean build with the same results.

Code:
FAILED:
platform_testing/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_test_list.mk: error: continuous_instrumentation_tests: Unknown installed file for module 'BluetoothInstrumentationTests'
In file included from build/make/core/main.mk:1331:
In file included from build/make/core/Makefile:5626:
In file included from platform_testing/build/tasks/continuous_instrumentation_tests.mk:27:
build/make/core/tasks/tools/package-modules.mk:80: error: done.
19:58:08 ckati failed with: exit status 1

Best wishes,
Bob
have you fixed this issue I am facing same issue I would like to know how to fix it

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
have you fixed this issue I am facing same issue I would like to know how to fix it

Do you get the same error? If you do, then it as aleasto said, check your vendor/lineage. I had an automatic change to it (networklocation providers) that I should have done with sed, but just copied an edited file over, so when the original changed in another place, I was left behind. (Good lesson.)

If you get a different error, check your build log. It might have something to do with a missing perl module. My system had 5.32, but the build system was expecting 5.26. So, I just put a link from 5.26 -> 5.32 in /usr/share/perl (Debian testing).

My build script has the following to generate a buildlog (you'll have to change to suit your directory structure).

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# LineageOS build script
#   2017, Felix Niederwanger <felix@feldspaten.org>
#   https://github.com/grisu48/LineageBuild
#   Feel free to share and distribute!
## Altered by RLF, 2019

SYS_DIR="/home/rfrazier/android/lineage/lineage-18.1"
JJ="-j2"                # Number of processes for build
CUR_DIR="$PWD"
RomVariant="lineage"
RomBuildType="userdebug"
RomVersion="18.1"
TODAY=$(date +%Y%m%d)
DEVICE=h850
LOGDIR="/home/rfrazier/android/buildlogs"
BUILDDIR="/home/rfrazier/android"
BUILDS="/home/rfrazier/android/builds/${DEVICE}"
PRODUCT_DIR="$SYS_DIR/out/target/product/h850"
cd "$SYS_DIR"

# Setup build environment
source build/envsetup.sh

unset JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS

LOGFILE="${LOGDIR}/${RomVariant}-${RomVersion}-${TODAY}-UNOFFICIAL-${DEVICE}.log"

~/android/cleanup_lgg5-18.1.sh

# for clean builds
# make clobber &>>${LOGFILE}

## Building
        echo "Building for device $DEVICE ... "
        echo "  Lunch ... "
        time lunch "${RomVariant}_${DEVICE}-${RomBuildType}" &>>${LOGFILE}
        status=$?
        if [ $status -ne 0 ]; then
                echo "Lunch failed for device ${DEVICE}"
                echo "Check log file for details"
                exit 3
        fi
        echo "  mka -j4 target-files-package otatools- (This is gonna take some time) ... "
        time mka target-files-package otatools &>>${LOGFILE}
        status=$?
        if [ $status -ne 0 ]; then
                echo "mka failed for device ${DEVICE}"
                echo "Check log file for details."
                exit 5
        fi
        echo "Completed build for ${DEVICE} :-)"
        croot
        if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
                echo "Croot failed for device ${DEVICE}"
                echo "Check log file details"
                exit 4
        fi

cd "$SYS_DIR"

## Signing    
  echo "Signing the APK."

time ./build/tools/releasetools/sign_target_files_apks -o -d ~/.android-certs \
    $OUT/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/*-target_files-*.zip \
    signed-target_files.zip &>>${LOGFILE}

## Final packaging
cd "$SYS_DIR"
echo "Generating installable zip"

time ./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files -k ~/.android-certs/releasekey \
    --block --backup=true \
    signed-target_files.zip \
    ${BUILDS}/${RomVariant}-${RomVersion}-${TODAY}-UNOFFICIAL-${DEVICE}-signed.zip &>>${LOGFILE}

cp $PRODUCT_DIR/recovery.img ${BUILDS}/${RomVariant}-${RomVersion}-${TODAY}-recovery-${DEVICE}.img

echo "Build Done"

Best wishes,
Bob

PS To answer your original question, I've not had problems in building lately. My last build was, last night, 06Mar2021, to take on board the March security updates. The previous build was 10Feb2021, to take on board the February ones. I'm more or less back to building once a month. :)
RLF

Last edited:

iGSkill

Dec 3, 2016
Good day, is this an issue? I am installing applications with obb file from Google Playstore but it fails. When I browse on my file manager and go to /Android folder, there is not obb folder but when I create obb folder, it renames to /Android/obb(1) and can't be renamed as /Android/obb. Already tried these steps on twrp file manager and root file managers but doesn't fix. Can anyone help?

BTW im on latest version of this LOS 18.1 on RS988

iGSkill

Dec 3, 2016
@dietoro
If you mean me: NikGapps

@iGSkill would you tell us which app?
For example is ragnarok mobile or call of duty mobile. they both have obb files but can't install via playstore. Also tried offline version installer, apk plus obb. apk was successfully installed but i can't create or see obb folder in /Android folder

Look below my attachment, I created a folder named obb in /Android but it automatically renames as /obb(1) and no /obb folder is to be found

1615429198821.png

Last edited:
Thanks, so then .. NikGapps FULL for me
But now..
can I fresh install from nougat? (fulmics 5)
Can you describe the procedure you used?
I wasn't precise enough, I meant NikGapps CORE.
Usually I use the smallest package available as this makes it easier to identify probs with Google stuff which was installed separately afterwards.
Afaik everything which is not in Core can be installed from Playstore.
But it's up to you.

As I've made a first time flash from stock Oreo I had to make a clean install anyhow which was (in TWRP3.5.0-9) wiping everything +Format Data rebooted to TWRP for a sure mount of Data, then flashed ROM and tested if it boots, flashed NikGapps and tested booting, then Magisk22 (before changed extension to .zip).

I'd recommend a clean flash anyhow as for upgrading it's likely to get problems if that wasn't done cleanly.

BUT if I'd be coming from Nougat I'd check first, if in stock Oreo anything was updated regarding bootloader/baseband.

Reactions: dietoro
For example is ragnarok mobile or call of duty mobile. they both have obb files but can't install via playstore. Also tried offline version installer, apk plus obb. apk was successfully installed but i can't create or see obb folder in /Android folder

Look below my attachment, I created a folder named obb in /Android but it automatically renames as /obb(1) and no /obb folder is to be found
Sorry mate but these to are by far to big for my terrible DSL speed.
Would last nearly an hour to down 1GB.

Peculiar thing I found out:
although Totalcommander and Ghost Commander have root privilege they both don't show the OBB folder in "Android" folder but it can be seen in TWRP file manager.
I too have that folder I didn't even know it was there.

rfrazier

Apr 29, 2012
Oxford
www.rlfrazier.org
When I turn on a paired BT device, such as a headphone, it doesn't auto connect to the phone. I have to connect manually, and if the phone goes in sleep mode, the controls don't work.

I've set Bluetooth and Bluetooth MIDI to not optimize battery use. I've also set my player, poweramp, to stay loaded. All to no avail.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Best wishes,
Bob

Nov 29, 2020
Has anyone tried researching which GCAMs are the most up to date and stable and which work with 18.1?

Also can something be done about IR blaster issues? (i.e. once the IR blaster is set off, it works for one time and stops working until you restart the device). You can actually see the IR blaster flashes, so I watched how it works through another phone's camera. After the first blast (which looks normal), it 'hangs' and emits flashes every couple of seconds and it doesn't stop until you restart the device. Closing app does nothing. Even days after the first use, it just continues flashing over and over again. It would be the same if you turned on the flashlight, got it working for a few seconds and after that, the flashlight continued to turn on itself for a brief second and then off again. It would stop responding and 'hanged' in that state, until you restarted the phone.

I haven't tried flashing 18.1 yet but I assume the issue is still there from the 17.1. It would be awesome if the issue was finally fixed.
+1, issue still persisted when I tested it, hoping too it can be fixed someday

nausikaa

Jun 2, 2020
Thanks so much for this!

Has anyone had trouble getting mobile data to work? Mine's finding the APNs fine, but no connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **** MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT ****

As there is an official LineageOS build for the device (link below), this THREAD IS CLOSED.

Official LineageOS
    yUIn6TF.png

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

Install
    • Update recovery to the latest TWRP or Lineage Recovery build
    • Format data if coming from an UNOFFICIAL or non-Lineage build.
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons
    • Reboot

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down.
    If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are a must.
    Please indicate what g5 variant you have (h830, h850, rs988), the dated version, and any third party mods.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. If needed I may ask you to data wipe or remove a mod that might be interfering.
    Please avoid bringing up issues with your favourite gapps package. If a bug only exists with gapps, it's not my problem.

Changelog
    Code:
    [03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/12/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)
    Fixed camera crashes

[04/12/2021]
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[B]16/11/2020[/B]
    First release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge

Sources
    New build fixes camera crashes
    New builds out
    March security patch
    New build out
    Fix kernel panics
    @aleasto do you agree that this https://xdaforums.com/t/official-lineageos-18-1-for-the-lg-g5.4255331/ is the thread for the official LOS18.1?
    If yes, might it not be reasonable to close this thread to concentrate all posts in only one thread for one ROM?