• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [H830/H850/RS988] [UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix 7.0.2 - Pie

Search This thread

Jolt151

Apr 3, 2017
ALL credit for this ROM goes to @x86cpu, the driving force behind LineageOS development for our G5. Leave him a thanks at his LineageOS 16.0 thread!

btw if anyone's wondering about the name, I changed it to Jolt151

What's working:
Same as Lineage

What's not working:
Same as Lineage

Installation
Do a full wipe (system/cache/data) if coming from any other ROM, including if you are upgrading from my RR Oreo roms.
Flash arm64 9.0 GApps and Magisk after if you want.

NOTE:
LineageOS 16.0 seems to have an issue with the camera not working when making a clean flash, and from user reports you need to flash 15.1 and then dirty flash 16.0 to get the camera working. From my initial testing, the stock camera works out of the box, but I haven't been able to get any version of Gcam working yet.

Downloads
July 4th:
h830: https://mega.nz/#!GqQFRCbb!zXac-cIImcZf1VkJJwsZQq7fnt9VB6uEars5YPXndP4
md5: 68b7a4ccda2af1d0418a8295813d117d

h850: https://mega.nz/#!vrQlSQSb!NwKIioG5exSr2WfE6uDDrqA2wQd6pxyKHoM2hHhz3Rw
md5: 3352d3732cb2d66d0e44709a44760bac

rs988: https://mega.nz/#!XiZHnYAJ!Rq6p1-fSVDW1jw96h-3tim1h8KobGypaKqSp4JvGzFQ
md5: 9d691c71bf8cf7bafea099fb8c978790

Trees:
Code:
<manifest>
        <project name="x86cpu/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h830" path="device/lge/h830" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
        <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996" path="kernel/lge/msm8996" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_msm8996-common" path="device/lge/msm8996-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_g5-common" path="device/lge/g5-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_common" path="device/lge/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h850" path="device/lge/h850" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
        <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
</manifest>

+ latest repopicks by @x86cpu

Last edited:

loretta1980

Jan 28, 2015
Hi, i had Fullmics 5.5 on my H850 and now i installed RR7.0.2 just after wiping system/data/cache. I had to delete the asserts in this rom to avoid the error 7.
The Installation worked.
Flashlight and Camera does not work. Also cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v4.2t3 closes directly. Or do i have to try a different version?
How can i check, which bootloader is installed and how can i update just the bootloader? I think i'm still on the old one (i think 7.1.2 Nougat)

P.S. is it necessarry to install to-x86cpu.zip before installing the RR Rom? What is this good for?

Last edited:
Reactions: no_means_no

loretta1980

Jan 28, 2015
Ha, cool. Installed Linage 15.1. first and did the dirtyflash trick to RR 7.0.2.
Flashlight and Linage Camera works
Thanx a lot guys for this up to date firmware

Jolt151

Apr 3, 2017
Ha, cool. Installed Linage 15.1. first and did the dirtyflash trick to RR 7.0.2.
Flashlight and Linage Camera works
Thanx a lot guys for this up to date firmware
Hmm, so we have the same problem, but at least we have the same solution of dirty flashing lineage 15.1. Thanks for trying that out!

As for error 7, that happens on older versions of twrp that don't have the right device version codes. You could upgrade your twrp to fix that.

Also, you should be on Nougat bootloader, which is only an issue right now for anyone who upgraded to stock Oreo at one point.

Feb 9, 2019
I did a clean flash of this rom in an h830, everything worked very well but after using it for a while it got too hot to the point that I felt it burned my fingers and the microphone in games did not work, nobody listened to me when I spoke, besides that the multimedia sound was a bit low, from there excellent rom thank you for your great work!

kilm13

Dec 1, 2017
Root + SafetyNet error ; and no photo

Hello everyone ...
I have a problem with ROOT and SafetyNet on LG G5:
mobile already unlocked under ADB / Fastboot, validated developer mode, validated Android debugging,
previously rooted nickel with a dual boot with Remix and Lineage.

Wanting to install an Android version PIE 9, I made a full backup with Titanium Backup,
then a Factory Reset, and flashed the latest TWRP 3.3.1-0

I installed the Rom H-ROM_G7_PORT found on XDA, Rooted with Magisk v19.3,
flashed 'no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0', installed MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk

installed open_gapps-arm64-9.0-aroma-20190706.zip,
installed Root Checker (no SuperSu installation), validated Android debugging

Bluetooth, wifi, Google account, sound: everything is OK; No screen lock chosen.

From the beginning in Rooted mode, the camera did not work, the photo icon disappeared,
no automatic rotation of the screen, no adaptability of brightness.

The Root does not work anymore, despite several flash; SafetyNet is bad ...
All the tests with parametrization of Magisk did not give anything:
Super-user, Hide, Core, Busybox and SystemLess Hosts validated, Cache cleared, Host without system.

I noticed that I have a Trust application with Root disabled (not editable), no encryption, Selinux applied, ...

I hope someone will have an answer to my concerns ... thank you in advance for your answers.

Last edited:

Jolt151

Apr 3, 2017
Hello everyone ...
I have a problem with ROOT and SafetyNet on LG G5:
mobile already unlocked under ADB / Fastboot, validated developer mode, validated Android debugging,
previously rooted nickel with a dual boot with Remix and Lineage.

Wanting to install an Android version PIE 9, I made a full backup with Titanium Backup,
then a Factory Reset, and flashed the latest TWRP 3.3.1-0

I installed the Rom H-ROM_G7_PORT found on XDA, Rooted with Magisk v19.3,
flashed 'no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0', installed MagiskManager-v7.3.2.apk

installed open_gapps-arm64-9.0-aroma-20190706.zip,
installed Root Checker (no SuperSu installation), validated Android debugging

Bluetooth, wifi, Google account, sound: everything is OK; No screen lock chosen.

From the beginning in Rooted mode, the camera did not work, the photo icon disappeared,
no automatic rotation of the screen, no adaptability of brightness.

The Root does not work anymore, despite several flash; SafetyNet is bad ...
All the tests with parametrization of Magisk did not give anything:
Super-user, Hide, Core, Busybox and SystemLess Hosts validated, Cache cleared, Host without system.

I noticed that I have a Trust application with Root disabled (not editable), no encryption, Selinux applied, ...

I hope someone will have an answer to my concerns ... thank you in advance for your answers.
Your problem is with H-ROM or RR?

kilm13

Dec 1, 2017
Yesterday wit RR 7.02
Today, after factory reset, and flash with Lineage 16, Pie 9,
same problem of bad SafetyNet.
All the tests with parametrization of Magisk did not give anything :

Root OK, photo OK (only 1 of 2) ...
All seem ok now, except SafetyNet
regards..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALL credit for this ROM goes to @x86cpu, the driving force behind LineageOS development for our G5. Leave him a thanks at his LineageOS 16.0 thread!

btw if anyone's wondering about the name, I changed it to Jolt151

What's working:
    Same as Lineage

What's not working:
    Same as Lineage

Installation
    Do a full wipe (system/cache/data) if coming from any other ROM, including if you are upgrading from my RR Oreo roms.
    Flash arm64 9.0 GApps and Magisk after if you want.

NOTE:
    LineageOS 16.0 seems to have an issue with the camera not working when making a clean flash, and from user reports you need to flash 15.1 and then dirty flash 16.0 to get the camera working. From my initial testing, the stock camera works out of the box, but I haven't been able to get any version of Gcam working yet.

Downloads
    July 4th:
    h830: https://mega.nz/#!GqQFRCbb!zXac-cIImcZf1VkJJwsZQq7fnt9VB6uEars5YPXndP4
    md5: 68b7a4ccda2af1d0418a8295813d117d

h850: https://mega.nz/#!vrQlSQSb!NwKIioG5exSr2WfE6uDDrqA2wQd6pxyKHoM2hHhz3Rw
    md5: 3352d3732cb2d66d0e44709a44760bac

rs988: https://mega.nz/#!XiZHnYAJ!Rq6p1-fSVDW1jw96h-3tim1h8KobGypaKqSp4JvGzFQ
    md5: 9d691c71bf8cf7bafea099fb8c978790

Trees:
    Code:
    <manifest>
            <project name="x86cpu/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h830" path="device/lge/h830" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
            <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996" path="kernel/lge/msm8996" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_msm8996-common" path="device/lge/msm8996-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_g5-common" path="device/lge/g5-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_common" path="device/lge/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_h850" path="device/lge/h850" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
            <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
    </manifest>

+ latest repopicks by @x86cpu
    So I've received some PMs from people asking if I'd make RR builds for the G5. Luckily the G5 shares the same SOC as the V20, so I was able to get a build done for y'all.
    Note that I do not own a G5, so these builds are untested. Please don't flash this if you don't have the time or expertise to unbrick your phone if these builds fail.
    You can download them HERE. I recommend doing a clean flash first before attempting a dirty flash.
    Again, I don't have a G5, so I won't really be able to help if you run into problems. This will likely share the same issues and limitations of x86cpu's LineageOS builds, so this means no VoLTE/Wifi calling.

Custom ROMs for these devices wouldn't be possible without x86cpu's hard work. Please give him your thanks and support.

ResurrectionRemix becomes more and more difficult to work with as time goes on. I'm not surprised by the issues jolt151 has had to deal with.
    Their review system is no longer public and once new versions of android are released the RR team mostly stops updating the previous version leaving the device devs to manually handle updates and security patches on their own.
    These will likely be the only builds I make, so hopefully this can tide you over until LineageOS 17 has been fleshed out more.
    Don't forget two inportant ones in: https://github.com/x86cpu/proprietary_vendor_lge/commits/lineage-16.0

acad5539c84cba1a533efce97431ad4774b6f6c9
    5f93381476dc1282db8ff32dc605cd0ff413f9dd
    Can you just update this rom? It's a great rom so far.
    I've been working on it, but my builds haven't been booting.